FansToys FT-10 Phoenix (Masterpiece Skyfire)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Cyclonus79, Apr 27, 2014.

1. franpincho

franpincho Sunbow or fail TFW2005 Supporter

Hey there man!

How about some white covers for the screws? Him being white, they sort of pop out.....

• Like Like x 3
  2. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Brilliant idea, franpincho, I'll take a couple myself if they ever come into fruition, Jream. It doesn't bother me that much as is but why not....

3. Flesh Creature

Flesh Creature Human Germ

I third the screw hole covers from Jream.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Optimist Maximus

Optimist Maximus Well-Known Member

I paid my invoice for Phoenix in the morning before going to work :) 

COUNTDOWN BEGINS!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  5. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

I like the Constructor logo solution a lot and especially for this guy and his size. I know the back of Phoenix is cartoon accurate but I always hoped someone could come up with a partsforming solution to close up the back of the jet to avoid the legs hanging look. I know that he can gerwalk but especially for a flight stand it could improve the look.

[​IMG]

6. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

May be tedious to produce but it is a definite buy from me if available. This is a wonderful figure. I got him lined up for a good price and I am willing to invest in him. I cannot believe this is going to be followed by Omega Supreme. Both are bought and I am absolutely going to lose it when I have them in hand.

• Like Like x 1
  7. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Who would win in a fight? Toyworld Constructor or FT Phoenix?
    We'll know next week when both of these guys arrive at my doorstep.

8. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Hey cj37a, are you serious,Phoenix would win for sheer Toon Accuracy,to me TW Constructor is nice looking but that combiner head is just plain Hi-De-Ous,it looks like a shovel head,other than that Constructor looks pretty decent.For me Skyfire has always been in the Top 2 TF's of all time,next to Mirage,then thirdly would be the Dinobots as a set but that's for another thread.Enjoy getting Constructor and Phoenix next week.I should be getting my Phoenix then too,sadly I can't afford Constructor right now with all the 3P's coming out in the next 6 months.Later.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dickyscrubbs

Dickyscrubbs Well-Known Member

Oh that's it...I'm sorry for you

10. Insectabot

Insectabot Well-Known Member

Oh snap, I love the chosen prime right now. I got a notice of preorder and I noticed I had rewards point and just scored 25 off terminus giganticus. So pumped, got him for 450 and they usually get there orders earlier than bbts and ship free over 150

11. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    Now that is some cool news!!!! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Hey guys,does anyone know if you can use your Reward Points from Chosen Prime on orders that are being filled?.I wanted to use my points on FT Phoenix and my second TW Spaceracer and possibly TW Wavebreak (Seaspray).I have about 30 dollars in points I want to use but don't know if I can on these,does anybody know?.Thanks guys.

13. CatalogDave

CatalogDave Well-Known Member

I'd kill for a your Avatar as a toy. Sorry, I just want an updated version of my G1 toy. And yes, I know there's updated Macross versions that could stand in, but I like your Avatar and that's what I want.

14. jream

jream PRO DESIGN TFW2005 Supporter

I don't like the gap and the more I work on raised symbols... stickers are annoying me more and more! I have a couple designs that just need final measurements from the figure.

similar to what i did for a small run for kronos...

[​IMG]

I wouldn't either.... if its not dealing w/ .21 of a millimeter he has no clue what he's working on...;) 

yup that's part of the plan I have laid out...

and that's another thing I have laid out as well. just need to take a look at depths and a couple measurements... but plan to have a set for him shortly. not sure if resin or filament is the way to go... but will know soon enough.

thx mike! all kinds of options going to be opening up shortly once all this additional hardware shows up! that is if the old lady doesn't kill me 1st for blowing a nut and a half! ;) 

2 words... hot toys

my MK3 ironman after taking the legs and ankles apart to add ankle tilt/articulation.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 8
  15. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

@jream, I didnt like the logo, it doesn't fill the entire area. An autobot and decepticon 3D logo that hides the cutout well would be neat with screw hole covers as a set. Just saying.

• Like Like x 2
  16. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

Absolutely. If I get this figure then that is how I'd want to improve it.

17. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Add me to the list of people that would remove the gappy allegiance symbol piece for a flat one that fills that space fully (even if I need a knife to get it out for changing).

One thing I love about Sovereign is the lack of an FT style raised logo area. Leaving that area flat means we have more choice about the size of sticker without it ever looking wrong.

18. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Retro Active TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    @jream - is there a way to get the material to be even smoother, more like the actual product's plastic vs the rough style of most 3d printed items? like with additional filing or polishing post-print? asking because in the photos of the Constructor one it looks just a bit too rough and custom to completely blend with the rest of the figure (unless it's placed under the purple plastic cover perhaps?) but I love the idea of these raised logos (much nicer than applying stickers imho). if they could approach the quality of the actual product materials, so that they look factory, that would be awesome and I'd be in for them on Constructor, Phoenix, and other large bots (Term Giganticus perhaps?). :) 

19. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

I believe you have to use it at time of check out. So I would imagine if you didn't pay upfront for items yet, you could still use the points when invoice comes.

20. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd be curious about that myself. There are ways to smooth out 3d printed stuff - it's pretty much unavoidable with Shapeways material. Sanding is the easiest though it's time consuming. The best technique I've found is using something called Mr Hobby Mr Surfacer - it's a thick liquid putty that goes on like thick milk and dries to a solid, smooth, sandable surface. It's prefect for smoothing out the 3d print lines - paint it on and then sand it smooth. Two or three applications smooths things right up. Unfortunately something like a faction logo will be very hard to sand or smooth out due to the complex surface.
    I've just ordered a couple of sets of the 3d raised stickers from Reprolabels. Hoping that they'll provide a similar effect without the need to sand or paint or clean up. From what I can tell, the largest on the sheet is the perfect size to fit on the clear faction symbol on Constructors chest, there's one the correct size for MPP-10's shoulder, smaller ones should work for cars and reflector/insecticon sized bots. Hopefully one size will work with Phoenix

• Like Like x 1