FansToys FT-08 Grinder (Masterpiece Grimlock)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by wildfly, Jun 4, 2015.

1. bigsteve03

bigsteve03 Well-Known Member

It'll be at least another two years before he's released. Plenty of time to refine the chest and shoulders.

2. ComputronX

ComputronX Till all are MP

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Maybe they wanted to show us just the next release by a simple drawing?
    Maybe this drawing has almost nothing to do with the later product?
    Maybe FT and Giga are the same, and they did show as the wrong picture instead...I mean, hey, they didn't realize the Iron DiNObots on Soars box?
    I hope Dalianjj will let us know soon...

3. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Looking good, looking good!!!! The ol' MP Grimlock will become a work display piece. :lol 

4. project9

project9 White n' Nerdy

Yeah, chest seems too... pointy? Comes out too far and down. Otherwise, not too shabby!

5. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That chest is nastier than Bruce Jenner's.

6. tunaflash

tunaflash Saboteur

I bought Scoria who has some hip stability issues. Then I hear Soar can't hold his sword correctly or stand up easily in alt mode. This has become a dissapointing line I am sad to skip out on. I suspect Grimmy will have problems too. shame.

7. Sixo

Sixo Canonical TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I agree. I'm going on record now to say that I don't believe this to be a Fanstoys drawing. That's my official opinion. ;) 

That is intriguing, and I'm at a loss to explain it, but I don't believe this to be their Grimlock. The design itself coupled by the lack of a dalianjj reveal on the same day that he's posted in multiple other threads says 'no' to me.

As much as I also do not like the alternative Soar head, I do think most of their faces are good. I really like Soar's regular face, and Scoria's is good.

Another excellent point! And with a very simple explanation: it's not FT Grimlock.

:inquisiti 

8. Batmobilebot

Batmobilebot Banned

Might just be my eyes, but it looks like ft grimlock is going for the more "anatomically correct" t-rex. Toes are still off, but the hands have two fingers, and looking at the little bit of Rex mouth, seems to be slightly curved, like a real Rex's jaw, instead of square like the toy and g1. Since the di-bots aren't slavishly identical to g1, I think this might make the grimlock a great interpretation of a "perfected" g1 grimlock, with mp08 and the upscale ko servicing those who want toy perfect. Glad it's not based on the animation model, since g1 animation grimlock fluxes so much from a lean towering predator to a fat, dorky clown with a beer belly. Dino mode will make/break this for many. Robot mode corrects all of mp08 robot design flaws.

9. Sixo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Does it though?

It's really not so different from MP-08. The arms are still hulkingly huge, and the chest is even more distorted. The legs are also less clean. I can't see this as an improvement of any kind on MP-08, personally speaking (although I actually like MP-08).

Good thing this isn't FT Grimlock, really. ;) 

10. TFDAD

TFDAD Well-Known Member

I'm going to agree with you as well. This just doesn't seem like an FT product. When was the last time someone other than dalianjj gave us a first look at a new FT product?

Also, the Fanstoys.com website shows a database error when you go there. The only page that seems to work is the one linking to this image.

Don't get me wrong, this could be their Grimlock, but I'm very skeptical at this point.

11. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Strangely enough I prefer MP-08. Looks like I'll hold onto him after all.

12. TFDAD

TFDAD Well-Known Member

Scoria's feet are just a little too heavy with the diecast. However, mine has no problems posing at all. My Soar can both hold his sword and stand up in alt mode. I'm sure some people have these problems, but last I saw most people were really happy with Soar aside from the plastic tabs used on the legs.

Anyway, I'm sure you've seen the Giga line. Maybe their dinos will fit your tastes/standards a little better. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with either set.

13. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    No, no. I think it was worded just fine. :D 

14. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Well, in that photo Swoop looks like he certainly got good head from somebody!

15. Shaundiesel

Shaundiesel Well-Known Member

Hmmm it looks cool but doesn't fit with the rest of FT's dinos. Head, chest and knee down aren't doing it for me. Easy pass if it stays close to this design.

16. Ideefixer

Ideefixer Well-Known Member

I would agree this look more like a Giga then FT design. I don't think it hits the esthetic FT is going for, which I really like.
    If this were Giga's though my regard of this would be a lot higher because of their different interpretation of the dinobots. (Which isn't a bad one just not my cup of tea.)

That site has never worked so it's no indication if this is real or not.

That is a pretty convincing argument.
    It's possible it was uploaded to the site without the intention of a reveal yet.

Now I really want it to be a Giga design! :p 

17. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

I'm inclined to believe that this is a fake but at the same time I'm not. Wouldn't Dalainjj have come here to tell us otherwise if it wasn't legit? I recall seeing him online, posting stuff in the Stomp and Telsa threads when this was posted, I think he would have informed us if this wasn't legit.

18. er4smiths

er4smiths Optimus Prime Titan

what a malware type thing to say! jk

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  19. Sixo

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I think it's more likely that this is bogus and he just didn't see this thread (I tend to check my subscribed threads mostly) as opposed to this being an official FT reveal that he took no part in whatsoever on the same day he was active on the board.

I do realise that there's a fair possibility of me being wrong, but I just don't buy it.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  20. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    Yah something about this just seems off. Huh