FansToys FT-08 Grinder (Masterpiece Grimlock)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by wildfly, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    I'm tempted to nab a head and I don't even have grinder (yet!)

2. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did not forget. I just kept it as objective as I could. Whether a person finds Grimlock or Grinder to look better is in the eye of the beholder. Although i prefer Grinder and have him as part of my Dinobot MP collection, MP Grimlock is still in my possession, just not sure where to put him at the moment. For now, I have him in my office holding my business cards.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Wheeljoker

Wheeljoker Well-Known Member

Sorry,I missed that one. That's interesting

4. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Even though I am kind of "meh" on Grinder in certain ways, it's easily worth $170 when you consider that the original MP-08 was like $140. You'll be pleased with your purchase. The ONLY reason I was even able to hold out so long was because I had Reximus Prime in dino mode hanging out with the other 4 FT Dibots. If you don't have a Grimlock to fill out that collection, you definitely need Grinder. MP-08 just doesn't cut it, sizewise.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Kind of the same boat, but I figured out the perfect place to put MP-08: my CHUG collection! He scales PERFECTLY with a Voyager/Ultra-sized Optimus Prime (I use iGear Faith Leader and ToyWorld Orion, alternately, as my CHUG OPs). He's big enough to be threatening against the Leader-class Decepticons but not so big that you think he should be able to beat Devastator. Speaking of Devvy, he's perfectly scaled against the CW toy too.

The other nice thing is that you can mix-and-match the other dinobots at that scale and there are plenty of options: Toyworld, GCreations, maketoys, Planet X... or none of them at all! I don't mind Grimlock being the biggest and strongest Dinobot. Actually he and MakeToys Swoop are the only Dinobots in my CHUG display.

Now I need to figure out what to do with my other Reximus that I had displayed with my Dibots before Grinder arrived. My cartoon colors Reximus is standing proudly and pretty seamlessly in robot mode with my Gigapower dinobots, but the comic-colored one in dino mode is just kind of orphaned. Maybe I'll take it to work? You can never have too many barbarian robot dinosaurs on your desk.

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Just picked a head up since the seller I've been watching this past couple of months sold 7 today, and only had two left a few minutes ago.

He has one left now.

7. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel Punched a squirrel.

News Credits:
    Hasbro UK... moving more 3rd party product with a C and D than ten years of fan anticipation.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Zoidstar85

Zoidstar85 Zoidaryan Story-teller

Even though I have Grinder, and his LED arm is a complete wreck (thanks Takara QC:( ), I still can't bring myself to get rid of my Takara MP Grimlock either. He was my first Takara Masterpiece, and the subject of many fun photo-sessions. Speaking of the Takara Grimlock, I wish Fanstoys or someone would make a waiter set for Grinder, or at least give us a bowtie.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MaxPower

MaxPower Well-Known Member

I just decided to get rid of Official MP Grimlock this weekend after messing with al my dinobots when I opened my Cesium. Just don't need him anymore. I decided to be more of a Transformer fan than a Hasbro/Takara official-niato. Only reason I was holding on was because he was official. I mean he served his purpose before. But Grinder replaced him. Dinobots complete! Thank you, FansToys

• Like Like x 1
  10. FruitBuyer

FruitBuyer Well-Known Member

Maybe to you but definitely not to me. I love me my MP-8, I have two of them with one being MP-8X but I prefer Grinder.

11. Zoidstar85

Zoidstar85 Zoidaryan Story-teller

Nostalgia is the only reason I'm keeping Grimlock. That, and the arm issue would make him much more difficult to get rid of than one without. But speaking of which, I should probably get rid of OS MP-08, since all he's doing is collecting dust out in the storage building... Grinder has completely taken MP-08's place as my desk Transformer. It really helps that his transformation is similar to MP-08, which was why Grimlock was one of my go-to Transformers to just sit and transform back and forth.

12. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

I've got my mp08 saved for my boys when they're a bit older. But my grimlock is grinder.

13. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a pic or video of Grinder vs. Grinder X with good lighting? I'm procrastinating about whether to start collecting X or not-X dinobots...

14. mcart

mcart Lighter shade of dork

News Credits:
    Collecting X now is setting yourself up for frustration in my books. Stomp X is going to be a pain to find I'm sticking with the regular versions and if I'm ever a rich man maybe a couple of G2 / D versions. Maybe.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good luck finding Stomp X. I was on the late train for Stomp X and almost missed out. I got scammed on it once before finally getting one.
    Sever X is drying up if it hasn't already.
    Scoria X is still available
    Soar blue X, Soar red X are still available but getting scarce.
    Grinder X is readily available.
    Cesium X is on the way.

16. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    So can anyone tell me a trick to turning Soar's face without making my fingers bleed out? This thing is super tight.....that's what she said...

17. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Have you tried loosening the screw that holds it on? The face is frustratingly tricky to get a grip on even after pulling it forward, and the stock alternate face just isn't worth it to me.

18. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Well-Known Member

Fair points... I kind of want to know what I'm missing out on though.

19. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

Oooooo.

Just looked up my G1 dino head order to see that it's been delivered! Yay!

Now the interminable anticipation of returning home to see if it's really there and really what I'm expecting. (I'm a bit jaded now having been shafted by Chinese ebayers so many times...)

Chimungmung I am counting on you!

• Like Like x 1
  20. f0cus

f0cus You can call me Sir

Well played, sir.

G1 Dino head received.