FansToys FT-08 Grinder (Masterpiece Grimlock)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by wildfly, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Well-Known Member

Hum...
    Way less exited than I thought I'd be...

Something seems off about that one compared to everything else FT has given us already.

2. Kurome

Kurome Well-Known Member

I really liked how that tail seems to transform, hope Planet X uses such a method as well.. And I think this looks quite cool:)  although I agree that ft seems to have swayed a little from g1 looks compared to other dinos so far, let's wait till we get to see the proto..

3. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Same stylistic details? FT have gone very G1 with the others, there is too much over styling going on here.

4. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin TFW2005 Supporter

*shrug* I think this looks fucking awesome.

5. Megatronscrotch

Megatronscrotch Macro-Con

This how I'm feeling..hope they get back on track

6. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If this were IGear rather than FansToys, I'm sure that's what would happen. FT doesn't seem interested in doing straight rip-offs of Takara's work.

7. Felixman

Felixman Well-Known Member

I like that they took some more liberties with this design (Likely because the MP Grimlock pretty much has toy/cartoon accuracy nailed) and hope most of them stay. Especially the species-accurate two clawed hands for T.rex mode and the extra-pronounced tail detail on the side of the legs.

Also, I personally love his proportions more than any other version of this character I've seen, big and powerful upper body but with a midsection and thighs that look like they could drive all that mass into a murderous, sword-swinging frenzy! And kneepads. I... yes. He looks nice with some damn kneepads.

I can see where most of you are coming from about the chest not being right, though. Still, Fanstoys have always had a development cycle with lots of wiggle room for change, I would not be shocked if the first Prototype they show has a reworked set of pecs. Noted, but not a huge concern for me.

8. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

Very very nice. I like its proportions better than MP-08.
    And certain things like the hands and toes being workable and articulated is gonna be sweet.
    Looks great so far. I've been looking forward to this. Can't wait to see the prototype.

9. Shiro1

Shiro1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Quick comparison. If you're looking for toon accuracy, he's definitely way off. If you're looking for a stylized Grimlock, then he's not bad. I have to agree with those that are saying this looks like a Giga design...it really does fit their aesthetic much more than FT.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• comp.jpg
      comp.jpg
      File size:
      429.3 KB
      Views:
  10. KevinSig

KevinSig Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Color me interested. He certainly seems to have better proportions than the HasTak MP figure, but I'll need to see him with other figures & the dino mode before I make any decisions.

I hope that apparently translucent chest piece is removable & so we can place the Autobot brand under it, like on the Takara figure. And that the chest piece is flat, and that recessed part is part of the underside of the chest piece, and acts as a frame around the spot.

Kevin

11. TylerB

TylerB Slag!

I'm with Tigerblade on this one, it looks too much like a Giga design. If it's not then Fans Toys just saved me $200 .

12. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin TFW2005 Supporter

What's interesting is the image links to fanstoys.com. No idea if that's a real site (won't load where I am now), but yeah.

13. Sixo

Sixo Canonical TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Hmm.

Looks nothing like I imagined a FT Grimlock would. Or indeed anything like G1 cartoon Grimlock.

As Tigerblade has said, this looks exactly like a Gigapower drawing. How strange... I'm not saying it is fake, but I can see why people might question it.

Let's see what dalianjj has to say, I guess.

EDIT: looking at this again, it's so similar to MP-08 that I almost don't see the point.

14. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

FT...please redesign this. the chest is way off and its too stylized. I really do think it looks liek a giga design as well. for one...the overly large and round shoulders. this doesn't look like an FT design.

don't get us 4/5 of the way there and drop the ball....

15. TylerB

TylerB Slag!

How could go from the knockout that is Stomp to this.... Seriously.

16. primetime77

primetime77 Well-Known Member

ok i'm at ease now...there is NO WAY this an FT product. looking at the sketch style...it doesn't match the released sketch for sever at all. different artist etc. also FT stuff is never leaked...its always comes from dalianjj. i think this is a fake...its liek someone got a hold of what giga power is doing...stuck fans toys on it and is messing with us just to see if "FT fanboys" will like it just because it says FT.

17. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Whenever there is a new reveal, it's usually dalianjj that starts the thread.

Take that into consideration guys.

edit: ninja'd :lol 

18. dragontype

dragontype Well-Known Member

Yeahhhh.. I agree. This isn't a "thing" til I see confirmation from dalianjj. Totally appreciate the member starting this thread though. It is cool to look and speculate.

19. greatcthulu

greatcthulu Well-Known Member

I'm inclined to believe this for no other reason that I can't believe FT would ever, not in a million trillion years, take the kind of liberties that are showing up in the dino claws and bot mode legs.

20. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd be very suprised if this is legit.

If it is, then I don't think there's any cause for concern yet as from the feedback so far FT would have to change it otherwise they'd probably struggle to sell any.