FansToys FT-08 Grinder (Masterpiece Grimlock)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by wildfly, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

FTs customers are not limited to those who buy everything they produce. In fact that group likely makes up a small percentange of their customer base. You yourself buy some of their stuff and don't buy others. It shouldn't come as a surprise to you that there are others like you.

So yeah, they risk sales if they produce something people don't like. If you stopped being condescending and took a moment to think about it, you would realize this.

• Like Like x 4
  2. PwrdOff

PwrdOff Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The way I see it, the G1 head was really more a way to skirt the copyright issue, since it would make FT-08 come way too close to being a copy of MP-08 and some retailers would have refused to stock it. By having a more stylized head design and then selling the G1 head separately, they now have plausible deniability, since FT can't be blamed if the customer decides to combine two separate products into something that appears to infringe on copyright. A weak argument to be sure, but then again the entire 3P market rests on rather thin ice anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  3. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope. The FanaTics base is quite huge. One proof is the existence of Caesium. Prior to Caesium, most of the people in the Scoria thread were praising it to the sky. Loose hips? Not a huge problem. Chrome flaking? Not a huge problem. Loose shoulders? Not a huge problem. Heck, the complains only started to materialize once FT shows that most of the issues are actually fixable, hence Caesium. If people are not so enamored with FT, they would demand FT to fix Scoria for free since FT is the one responsible, but nah FanaTics prefer to take in the wallet.

Most people will demand replacements or refund/exchange their purchases of things such as microwaves, cars, etc, but for FanaTics, they pony up MORE money to reward incompetence. And it's not just Scoria. FT said the gold clips on Soar could not be made of diecast (LOL), and that too got eaten up by FanaTics. How about Willis' ankles, and Forager's clips?

No Yeled. If you stop ignoring facts, perhaps you would realize what the truth is.

And before anyone jumps in saying that I am anti FT, I consider Stomp to be one of the greatest Transformers toys ever produced bar none.

• Like Like x 2
  4. botfan

botfan Enter- Hospitality Botfan

I don't think you get the reasons for Caesium being made...at all. Your definition of FanaTics is ridiculous. FT is not a thriving 3rd party because people like their logo. Normally, a fanboy will be a slave to a big name, like TT or Sony, etc... FT is a small company in a niche market. Hardly a fanboy magnet. Your name calling is not clever.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2017
  5. mcart

mcart Lighter shade of dork

News Credits:
    So I finally bought Grinder for $160 shipped and, gotta say, I felt a pang of sadness...

Why? Well this marks the beginning of the end of collecting for me, my Insecticons subgroup is done, now the Dinobots, the Ark crew is almost complete and same for the nemesis crew. Time for a new hobby.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Devastator21

Devastator21 Offical KFC/XTB Apologist

Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn 

7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Used the eBay flash sale coupon and saved $15 on a Grinder. Was hesitant, but felt this would round out the team very well.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Dangard Ace

Dangard Ace Well-Known Member

daimchoc got a few pictures of MP8 vs Grinder on Mar 18 on his FB page. Then he posted a pic of Reximus vs Grinder. I'll upload that one here. Let's just say Grinder wasn't coming out on top in the comments on that pic.

Reximus vs Grinder.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  9. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

Again, your reasoning is unsound. This is basic logic, which I'm not sure you understand. Your conclusion doesn't follow from your evidence. If twenty or fifty or even 100 people on an internet forum praise a product...that does not equate to a huge base of automatic purchases. Fans Toys needs more than that to sell a large run. You're trying to argue 1+1=3.

There are some people who will automatically buy a FT product. There are many more who may buy one or may not. FTs needs both groups to be successful.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mormolyce

Mormolyce Well-Known Member

Personally I quite like the head. Though I'm only looking at pics, don't have any Grimlocks in hand.

Comparing these Grimlock heads made me go back and realise how far off the original G1 dino head was. In my mind my old G1 Grimlock had a head just like MP08, but clearly that's just a trick of memory because looking at pictures the G1 toy head was all squished and rounded with narrow little eyes.

11. Jwwu

Jwwu Well-Known Member

Could change once Grinder X arrives.

12. botfan

Hmmm... would be nice to have some pics comparing FT-08 to regular reximus, not X. I think the hips are better on FT-08, but that chest is a real head scratcher. I have to admit that it does look a bit better on reximus, but again, I'd like to compare apples to apples. Some face-on shots of both figures standing next to each other should give the best comparison.

Skinner lower legs on reximus might be a bit better too.

13. cybertronwarriors

cybertronwarriors @cybertronwarriors on Instagram

Instagram:
    OS KO Grimlock and TT MP-8 fans can say whatever they want. I seriously love this figure. Grinder looks stellar both in robot and alt mode next to his FansToys campanions. I can't wait for Cesium. These 5 Dibots are seriously my favorite 5 TF figures right now. Absolutely beautiful, individually, and most certainly together. ROAR!!!

052D8026-3F72-47B9-8AB3-DB44DC1E3622.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  14. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

Mine too. I was saying to my wife I haven't felt that warm euphoric glow from collecting transformers in a while until I got Grinder and completed the dinobots. I'm still on cloud nine.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Congrats bro. I used the coupon to get MT Contact Shot from baba with $5 off + the coupon discount. Came down to $119 shipped. I had to use there bc IMO MT's Head/Targetmasters are a tad overpriced. I'll redeem my ebay bucks next month to get Grinder.
    Just don't snooze on getting Grinder X when it drops. ;) 

16. botfan

Lol, yep. I've learned my lesson on the X stuff. I try to get it when I can now. Red soar is on its way from taobao. Now I need to find Sever x, though I'll probably end up getting him from robotkingdom.

17. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got Red Soar X on the way. It should arrive next week. Then I'll be cought up on the Xs except for Scoria. I'll skip trying to hunt down Scoria X and go for the updated Cesium X when it drops. Then after that Grinder X.

• Like Like x 1
  18. CETERUS PRIME

CETERUS PRIME Well-Known Member

I don't see a single thing better on Reximus over Grinder here.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Jhund

Jhund Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    IMG_8358.JPG
    I don't get it to be honest , so I went to the post to check out what was said , btw it's a 17th march not 18th post by daimchoc . I just came back to collecting so maybe I don't see it? regarding to what everyone's talking about proportions?
    So I have Grinder and Mp03 tru , and reximus is a KO upscale of mp08 which is similar to my tru copy unless I'm seeing it wrongly from the photos. My question is how proportions is part of the debacle when my issue with my mp grimlock was the shoulder's being where it was and even with switching it around to remedy it left it being awkward. which is why I skipped reximus which seems to have the same issue .
    I would probably get gigapower's grimlock and sparktoy's when they are released.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  20. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Retro Active TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Incorrect. A fan can be of any sized company in any sized market. And in this case, FT is a leading brand in the 3P market, so it naturally attracts lots of fans. FT essentially is the Sony of this market.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled argument.

• Like Like x 3