FansToys FT-07 Stomp (Masterpiece Sludge)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, May 4, 2015.

1. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    it originally had an ETA of late June early July. How strange FT seems to be delayed in a release.

2. Fortress Magnus

Fortress Magnus Member

But Stomp in dino mode is the smallest of the Dibot lot. His dino head is the smallest of the Dibots. Does that look right to you? If there is no way that Stomp in dino mode can be the biggest without making the robot mode too big also, that's ok, but Fan Toys made Stomp dino mode the smallest.

Even Stomp as a stand-alone toy has a small dino head and scrawny neck in proportion to the rest of the toy.

Fan Toys could keep the scale of the actual Stomp toy as is but enlarge the dino head and dino neck so that it is at least the same size as the other Dibots. Grinder should also be smaller so that Stomp can better fit.

3. Fortress Magnus

Fortress Magnus Member

Stomp in Robot mode is excellent. I love it when I display it in robot mode. But I also like to display it in dino mode. It is the dino mode that is lacking. I would like both modes to be excellent. Fan Toys accomplished that with the other 4 Dibots, but not Stomp.

Fan Toys also has a problem with scale. There is no need for Grinder to be so tall and bulkier than the other Dibots, especially in relation to Stomp.

4. Flesh Creature

Flesh Creature Human Germ

You don't seem to grasp that in order for the robot modes to scale correctly, which is the focal point of the MP line, alt modes sometimes can't perfectly scale with each other. That said, I never had an issue with Stomp's proportions or scale in Dino mode. Looks just like how I remember him with the team from the show. If anything, I think maybe Grinder does appear too big in Dino mode, but sometimes I wonder if I just haven't gotten MP-8 outta my memory banks yet. But that's very minor to me, and until mass shifting becomes reality, I think they all look beyond awesome in both modes together. Dream come true.

5. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

Even if you made Stomp twice as big (which I would totally be against as I want robot mode to scale and I've no interest in trying to scale to actual, real life dinosaur scale) his head would be smallest or close to it. Sauropods had small heads compared to their bodies. And in the cartoon Sludge had a small head because he's a sauropod.

And no, Stomp is not the smallest figure in dinosaur mode. He's probably the largest. Or on par with Grinder.

[​IMG]

I'm not sure what the issue is here. If something is off it's that Grinder is a bit too large in dino mode. It's not Stomp, as he's pretty much exactly right if you are basing scale on the cartoon.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Fortress Magnus

Fortress Magnus Member

To each his own. That picture you posted shows how tiny Stomp's head is relative to the other Dibots. Even Sever has a bigger head than Stomp. Then there is that tiny, squat neck.

We just have to disagree.

7. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

This is why I like using the original MP Grimlock alongside the Dibots in dino mode. I think he fits in pretty well that way. In robot mode, of course, Grinder scales far better.

8. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ rubadubspawn1@gmail.com

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I thought everyone loved Stomp! Interesting pov re small Dino head. Yea I guess it seemed a bit small in Dino mold but not sure if the masses agree that a new big head dino is required. Perhaps petition ft for a replacement Dino head for him?

9. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter TFW2005 Supporter

Stomp in dino mode is bigger than both scoria and sever, not sure where you're getting that viewpoint from. Proportionally compared to a real dino he is the smallest, but it can't be any other way for his bot mode to scale.
    As @Yeled says the head has to be small, he's a sauropod and its therefore proportionate to his form, it doesn't bother me in the slightest and furthermore I think its correct. Making it bigger would stop it tucking into the bot mode chest, meaning it would have to hang down his back and back kibble is something we don't need on him.

10. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Well-Known Member

Tokyo, Japan (Originally from Los Angeles)
    Ebay:
    Sauropods had small heads and long, thin necks. He fits accurately.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well they were built with simple brains. :lol  Sludge/Stomp looks to be the right size to me. Great design from FansToys.

12. DinoSnarl

DinoSnarl Obese chocoholic

News Credits:
    Dino mode lacking? Again, could not disagree more.
    I've got to say that if you can't be happy with Stomp, then I don't think any transformer will make you happy. All IMO of course, but he is one of the best figures going.

13. Yeled

Yeled Grimlock is King

Are you looking for a realistic looking dinosaur or one that actually looks like the Transformer? Because Sludge has a small head and squat neck. That's simply what the character looks like.

[​IMG]

14. Flesh Creature

Flesh Creature Human Germ

Are you kidding? One, exactly "1" person has a problem with Stomp's head/neck being too small, and now you're talking petitioning FT for a replacement head?

Stomp's head and neck are perfect. Perfect for the dinosaur he was based on and perfect for his size in relation and scale to the other dinobots as he was seen in the show.

That's the last thing I will say on the matter as it's now become a stupid debate based on one person's opinion vs. everyone else's. Let him think how he wants.

• Like Like x 3
  15. ROXXOR

ROXXOR Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    His eyes are too close together. :D 

16. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I don't want a replacement gold head, but I would love a transparent "smoke" head for both Stomp and Sever.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Fortress Magnus

Fortress Magnus Member

Do you really think this cartoon frame shows Sludge with a small head and a skinny neck? :rolleyes2 

Do you really think that Stomp's head and neck looks like that cartoon frame? The proportions are noticeably off. Stomp can't even touch the ground with his head.

18. Jwwu

Jwwu Well-Known Member

"Hey look: a different frame from the cartoon with a smaller Sludge head. Maybe FT should include small, medium and large heads (both Dino and bot - so 6 heads with 3 faces each) in all their releases to cater to everyone!"

IMG_1894.JPG

19. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You may be joking right now, but I wouldn't put it past Fans Toys in possibly doing this. :lol  They've thrown in new faces with their recent releases for Tesla, Sever, and Soar, given us add-on parts to cover Sever's open dino belly, and now they're selling an alternate head for Grinder. ;)  A Stomp medium and large head 2-pack may be in the works. :lolol 

20. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would love a transparent head for Snarl that I could slap on the Diaclone & G2 versions, a la what I did with Slag (though hopefully it's a much easier install).