FansProject XFire-01 Superion Appendage Add-On Kit Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by EvaleSuperion, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Irony

Irony fangirl

OMG I never really planned buying a combiner but now I am unsure :D 

2. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A question for those that have the kit, what is the difference between the two visors? As I understand it, one is for the Energon/Superlink version of Superion and the other is for the Universe version, but both of my visors look identical. Excellent kit. I recommend it to all.

3. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you look ever so carefully, you'll notice one visor has a gold nose (Energon), while the other is silver (ROTF).

4. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Yes, exactly. It's VERY subtle though. The difference on mine was almost imperceptible.

5. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Son of a !@#$%, How the hell does Fansproject expect my blind butt to notice such tiny detail? Thanks for the help Process. I would not have figured it out without you.

6. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep, that's anal-rententive Fansproject quality for you.

7. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    got mine today, i am thoroughly impressed as usual with the quality of fansproject's work

8. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    got mine a few days ago and damn it makes me want to buy 2 more for my superlink and energon superions as well, my rotf one is hoggin the glory

9. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This was my non-official Transformers product and I am very happy with it. Usually I look at the kits and think that they look nice but the quality will be bad and I'll end up disappointed and not using half or all of the thing...... NOT THE CASE HERE. The kit blends so well in every mode that it feels almost natural that its there and WOW what a difference it makes. I opened my Superion set about a week before my upgrade kit arrived and felt pretty regretful about my decision to buy it (even though the new paint jobs were very nice, I just didn't feel like having 4 of the same molds since I already own all the Energon bots) but once the new parts when on my opinion turned around completely. The kit improved on Superion so much its not even funny. I already bought the Bruticus set in anticipation/hope that an upgrade kit will be released for it as well.

10. VE Telus

VE Telus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The gold-nosed eye piece is specifically for the Super Link version of Superion, not the Energon one. I just pulled out both versions to compare, and the gold paint is perfectly matched to Super Link. It's the wrong shade for Energon.

11. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    Is there anyway to transform Superion without high shoulders?

12. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I got mine like 2 weeks ago and like others have said I got the Energon Superion Specifically for this set. He looks so much better with Fans Projects Add On. I just wonder how it is that some people Love the Energon Attachments that look nothing like Hands or Feet. It boggles me.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How the hell do they not look like feet? I understand people wanting more defined hands, but TFs have had all sorts of varied and funky designs for other appendages. They don't have to be flat planks like the G1 Scramble City combiners to be feet.

And I don't mind the Energon limbs because the Combiners' role in combat is as heavy assault/last line of defense. They're not around to fold the world's largest Origami crane, they're there to bust crap up. Limbs tipped in all matters of ordinance, rather than proper hands, works just fine from a conceptual standpoint. If they've got more dexterous tasks to perform, that's why they can divide.

14. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    Yea just look at movie Devs who has shovels for hands.

15. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

Thank you, I came to this thread planning to ask that question too. :) 

This is the second kit I've gotten from Fansproject (first being City Commander), and I'm equally impressed - which pleases me, because I have a limited toy budget, this is kind of an early Christmas present to myself. $50 is kind of a lot for me to drop on just an add-on kit.

It looks fantastic... just like most other toys, it DOES look better in person than it does in pictures. I like the feet, I think those were done particularly cleverly... I could not for the life of me figure out what that radar dish thing was that attaches to Fireflight/Skydive... if anyone else is still wondering, it breaks into four pieces and forms the sides of the feet.

I love how all the bots now have their own guns. Air Raid and Airazor (that's how tfu.info spells it, I could be wrong) with the dual-pistols seems very fitting. Silverbolt's gun is fantastic, too. The double-barreled blasters for the bombers are also cool.

I like that they tried to make the extra pieces work as attachments for the bots, but I don't think it QUITE works out... The arm pieces add a little too much bulk to the legs of Airazor and Air Raid, doesn't really look too good to me. Since they kinda have this ninja look to them, the baggy pants don't really work. The radar dish split in half and attached to either Skydive or Fireflight's wings makes them backheavy, and doesn't really add to them. The feet parts that attach to Silverbolt... just looks bulky. Still, all this aside, you don't HAVE to attach those parts, and kudos to Fansproject for at least including a way to work the kibble onto the bots!

The kibble is much more successful in jet mode, for all of them, I think. The bombers are differentiated between one with a gun mounted, and the other with a satellite dish type thing. Air Raid and Airazor get some extra guns, and the arm pieces don't really detract from the jets. The fast packs for Silverbolt are OK... I don't know how much I like the look of them, but the way they attach actually helps hold his arm/wings in place (which was one issue I had with the Storm Jet mold).

Overall, very happy with this. Christmas is coming up... if you have Superion, that's a good excuse to pick one of these sets up!

16. herugrim

herugrim Defiler of Energon

Ebay:
    I hope the kit looks good on Energon Superion. Guess it's time to buy my first Fansproject item, while it's still somewhat cheap.

17. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

From the pictures, it does look very good.

The Energon version seems to have sharper colors, while the Universe/ROTF one has somewhat duller colors (whites, blacks, blues and reds vs grays, light blues, maroons and... pink). I think the original kit would look better on the Universe Superion, where the Snowman kit would match the Energon Superion. Maybe. Check TFSource's listings for both - they have pictures, and the Snowman version is only $5 more... it's just on pre-order.

18. catz

catz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    here you go

[​IMG]
    Group shot

[​IMG]
    This is the tiny piece that frequently fall on me, be care ful with this one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I can't figure out the difference between the two, can anyone help me with this?

[​IMG]
    Superion! GATTAI!!

[​IMG]
    Closeup

[​IMG]

19. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't tell because your flash is washing out the colours.

But as stated a couple of times before, the nose is painted to match the toy that it's meant for. Silver goes with RotF Superion Maximus. Gold nose belongs to the Superlink version.

20. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I agree. That's why I ordered the Snowman kit wor my Energon Superion. I'm glad I only ordered one set of the original kit in the first place for my Universe/ROTF Superion now. I'm looking forward to finding out what the extras are in the Snowman kit.