FansProject WB003 Warbot Assaulter Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by uranusdd, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    Guess I'll have to see what I can make when I get it in hand.

Great review Tj

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks! Look forward to seeing what you come up with!

3. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    The review was nicely detailed and you basically said your opinions about it and to me thats pretty awesome.

4. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Thanks!

5. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Once and Future Slicer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    True Story: I'd originially pre-ordered this and chickened out. Dropping $100 blind even on Fansproject isn't my thing. After the review (and watching it again with my son) guess what I bought today on TFSource?

6. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    $100 worth of bumblebees?

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

The video breakdown is really helpful.

8. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Very good review. There's no way I'm holding out for Christmas for this. Not when I'm the one who'll be signing to receive it next week.

9. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Once and Future Slicer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly.

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Just noticed the plane landing gear. even cooler now!

11. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Sounds legit to me.

Thanks!

Hey, thanks. And, I hear ya: Get it while it's hot.

12. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    finally got mine and hes awesome! only problem i have aside from the tight ratchets is with the side panels on the legs. This problem thankfully does not affect the toy in ANY way other than that i know its there, but i digress.

for the design of the leg panels, the outside is supposed to have a line sculpted through the middle of the red part, while the inside leg is supposed to be identical but missing this sculpted line. However, on mine they seem to have gotten the leg pieces for one of the legs mixed up and put the sculpted line on the wrong side of the other leg, and the piece missing the line on the other (wrong) side.

Any one else had this problem?

Pics to follow

13. Gundamben831

Gundamben831 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    so with those of you who own both assaulter and Steel Core can anyone give me a straight forward answer. I have been holding back on this particular bot only because I wasn't too familiar with him and I didn't know if I was ready to fork over another $100 for a figure again. But in comparison how good are the joints compared to SC and is he just as easy to transform out of box or is he one of the few that do actually require a peek at the instructions? Also can he be held up on the bandai act 4 stands or is he a bit heavy for those stands? I know he is a bit taller than SC only by a little.

14. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So the postman came and it took me five seconds to decide I wasn't waiting for Christmas Day. What a bruiser this fella is. Transforming him later, but I've been messing with the robot mode(s) non stop.
    What I really like so far is the aesthetic - if any company was the right choice to nail the clunk and chunk of Broadside, it was FansProject. He can deceptively throw some awesome shapes.
    I loosened the screws as mine were super tight like everyone elses, and my only gripe so far is that he tends to fall forward on the ball joints of his feet depending on how dynamic a pose I put him in (though I seem to have fixed that by pinching the foot pieces closer together when adjusting his stance).

15. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    Assaulter has a few ratchet joints where SC does not, so it's a little hard to compare - but overall his joints are very well designed and tight.

I found the transformations for both to be right around the same level, meaning I was able to work out what needed to go where without any assistance from the manual or videos.

Can't answer your question about the stands because I don't have any.

16. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    MMMPH!

Wow, I finally got mine in hand..and it's gorgeous. This is my first Warbot...I skipped out on Defender and I didn't care for Steel Core, but MAN. I was ready to laugh at this guy, afterall, I hated the concept of Broadside...but I'm glad I bit. He's so deliciously chunky, and I'm not a big fan of diecast...but I'm glad he's got it. Makes him feel appropriately weighty. What I find astounding is how big he is in person. The pictures really don't give him a good sense of scale! The alt modes are pretty gorgeous, though it seems the jet mode is the one that suffers a bit. A big wide jet...but I'm not too utterly bothered by it. It just seems like that they put a lot of effort into making the cruiser look like a Macross vessel and they did well on the 'bot mode...but unfortunately due to the triple changer curse it's the jet that suffers a tad. About my only other gripes are that the elbows aren't as articulate as I'd like, and the rage face looks really derpy. Other than that...this is a fantastic piece and I'm very, very glad I got this guy.

17. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's funny that you say the jet mode suffers, when most say it's the carrier. Jet mode's certainly the sturdier of the two modes at least. The chunkiness of it certainly doesn't bother me. Makes it look like a big heavy bomber of some sort, rather than a nimble dogfighter, is all.

I personally love both alt-modes, however. The big selling point about the Cruiser/Carrier mode is just how damned big it is.

18. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    It's because of my background as a military fan. The jet mode looks nothing like how a jet of it's type should be. The wings are way too small and do not provide enough flight surface, and the vertical fins are barely even there, too far apart and too small to provide even a shred of believability that this thing can fly. The entire plane is too chunky, and the only thing that really indicates that it's a jet is the cockpit and nose, which look GREAT.

Ultimately it's the limitations, and despite looking super deformed, it's still unmistakably a jet...but if you ask me, even if it is sturdier which I admit it is...it looks pretty bad compared to the space cruiser.

Still though, I goddamn love this figure and I would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone.

19. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I shouldn't have entered this thread. Sorry wallet

20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's why I'm glad I'm not a gearhead like you or David Hingten. Allows me to willingly suspend disbelief about the alt-modes, especially when it comes to undercarriage kibble and the like.