FansProject WB003 Warbot Assaulter Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by uranusdd, Nov 5, 2012.

1. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    :lol 

Sometimes I wish for my days back when I could suspend my disbelief for stuff like that. I still can time to time...but only to a certain point. Warbot Assaulter's jet mode unfortunately crosses that point of no return for me.

2. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    Anyone having issues with his cruiser mode - the side panels aren't clicking in on the right side.

3. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

My mom got this guy for me for Christmas. I was saying I wanted either Assaulter or MP Prime (since I don't have a TRU in a reasonable distance)... I decided that if I got MP Prime, I'd be ordering Assaulter. If not, I'd have to think on Prime.

I guess I'll have to decide on Prime at a later date.

Now, I JUST got this guy, but I'm REALLY excited. I love that he actually has to be slightly compacted to fit in the box (which he STILL fills). Someone said it earlier, pictures just don't really give you a good sense of scale till you have him in hand. This dude is LARGE. And... HEAVY.

I haven't yet transformed him to jet mode, but... I'll go ahead and differ from the general consensus. I like the cruiser mode. It's not floppy at all for me. I like that he's got two bot modes, too. Well, more like two different bot mode configurations. The carrier mode... I'll have to mess around with it some because what I put together based on pictures felt a little weak. I'll play with it more, though.

This dude feels sturdy. Moreso than Steelcore. I think they've improved on their design a bit each time... I felt like Steelcore had just a few too many tabs. Sure, he was solid as a rock once you got everything tabbed in right, but sometimes, that was a pain. Much fewer tabs on Assaulter, but things seem to click into place just fine. Some tabs, however, seem to be ever slightly swollen for the holes they're meant for. More research needed here.

If you're on the fence... I'm sorry you came to this thread. Go ahead and do it quickly, so your wallet feels less pain.

4. LiamK

LiamK Well-Known Member

Yup. Mine is exactly the same. Doesn't really bother me, but I did notice it.

I think I've got to the point of being so used to Transformer vehicle mode proportions that real vehicles through me off. It looks wrong when helicopters have propellors twice as long as most Transformers, and jets don't have a ridiculous amount of undercarriage shit.

5. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

i just bought him first 3P purchase ever

i now fear for my poor wallet as it has opend the doors lol

6. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're probably talking about the tabs that fit into the slots in his thighs for carrier mode.

If so, it's not that the tabs are too big. It's that the slots have paint inside them that makes the slot slightly too small. Scratch off the paint inside the tabs, and the fit will be much smoother.

7. Quint

Quint Quintesso... no, just Quint!

Ebay:
    I got one for Christmas and said to myself: 'An aircraft-carrier it will be!'.

[​IMG]

8. Urizen123

Urizen123 I toast, therefore I am.

I strongly advise against doing this. The wings are designed in such a way that they're not meant to rotate beyond a certain point. Check the inside of the legs - you'll see a round washer with a stopper tab on it. When you rotate the wings for transformation, the washer/tab moves inside a groove. The tab is not meant to move beyond this groove. Doing so will stress the washer/tab, and you'll end up with either loose wings that move freely on the screw and no longer lock into place - or breakage. Just a heads-up.

9. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Transformed that one for the first time in months last night. Not a pleasant experience. And this has nothing to do with the die-cast, it's just an oddly designed figure. I hate how the front tabs don't want to tab. The jet mode looks better than I remembered though.

10. Galva-Cannon

Galva-Cannon Well-Known Member

I know you posted this ages ago, but perhaps you could see the jet mode as a blended wing body design, with the fuselage providing the lift. All jet transformers are too chunky, compared to real aircraft. We can imagine that the "real" jet is much flatter, if you know what I mean. The overall shape isn't that different from the Boeing X-48, and the Avro Vulcan had a nose that stuck out from a flying wing.

It's good enough for me anyway. :lol 

11. halfaway

halfaway Did you think you were cool?

same here I pulled assulter out last night and bot to carrier mode
    and yeah , that mode is okay -jet mode so so nice
    ( I perfer to leave the guns off the wings )

12. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The problem with that, is that the jet mode of Assaulter looks nothing like a BWB plane. One of the key concepts of BWB is that the fuselage is blended with the wings so that the entire aircraft is providing lift...exactly as you said.

But Assaulter's jet mode doesn't look the part. On BWB the wings are indistinguishable from the rest of the aircraft. Even on the Avro Vulcan, the wing root is extremely close to the cockpit of the aircraft, with the majority of it's body as part of the wing.

Assaulter jet's wings are just much too anemic to realistically provide any sort of lift, and the general shape and chunkiness of the aircraft from above destroys any idea that this thing could really fly. I mean, it would fly in space, but that's about it. But then again, anything can provide in space given thrust and proper vector controls.

I'm okay with undercarriage junk on Transformers aircraft because if I look at them from the top they still look like aircraft. That's pretty wonderful. However, Assaulter in jet mode doesn't look anything like the part. For me it's absolutely the weakest mode.

13. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm pretty late to the party with this guy but figure I'd give my thoughts.

[​IMG]

He's freaking awesome and I should have bought him sooner. I can't think of any issues per say with him so I"ll simply go over my nitpicks:

Battle cruiser mode is kinda eh, I don't really care for it, but jet mode is awesome so woo. Default robot mode is almost ruined by the dumb g1 sticker-style lines on his legs, but same mode with the legs reversed is perfect. So thankfully it's possible. Uh letsee, he... he's a little fiddly to align when you transform him to jet, but nothing I couldn't figure out and get use to pretty quick. Hip joints were also super tight but I loosened the screws a tad and they're fine now.

Where he excels is posability, love how much range of motion he has in his shoulders:
    [​IMG]

And he's very well balanced too, they put all the dycast in his shins which was a real smart move, reminds me of MP1 in this regard.

[​IMG]

I really like that you can peg his weapons on his arms to give him underarm blades or arm cannons:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Overall I'd say he's one of FP's best figures, certainly the best of their 3 warbots so far. So highly recommended by me . :thumb 

14. Che

Che Well-Known Member

Different than most of people, I like the space carrier mode the best! I am not a big fan of die-cast parts, but I must say that the designers were smart this time and it is cool to get some matrix-like poses :D  I am not sure if it is like that with everyone, but my space carrier mode holds fine: the trick is that the big joint in the middle torso must be one click before the last click (then the tabs in the arms hold just fine).

15. AnegefalosGR

AnegefalosGR Elite Guard!

Is it me or it generally happens that multiformers like Blitzwing, Heck even RID Galvatron! this guy and co have some of the best bot modes? (proportions, almost no kibble, aesthetics)

16. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Love his jet mode. It ain't realistic and it's about as aerodynamic as a hippo with wings but I just like the lines and how beefy it is.

[​IMG]

17. Galva-Cannon

Galva-Cannon Well-Known Member

:lol 

Lies.

Assaulter's innovative, inherently unstable design confers unparelleled maneuverability, when coupled with his next generation computerised flight control system. :thumb 

18. divinecomedy

divinecomedy Board Certified Fans Trollar

News Credits:
    Still think Steel Core's better than this one and yes I own both. The problem with this is his empty body i.e. other than the cone, there's nothing behind his chest. That always reminds me of movies where a character would wear a cardbox shirt and tie.

The other problem is his super tight leg joints, damn I am always afraid that I'll break the plastic.

19. AnegefalosGR

AnegefalosGR Elite Guard!

He has screws on his hips you can loosen up if u want but don't really worry about the hip joints, they are as solid as they come.