FansProject WB002 Warbot Steel Core Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by process, Jul 20, 2012.

1. OCProwl

OCProwl Autobot Dad

News Credits:
    It's almost as if they were made by the same company. ;) 

:thumb 

Oh nice, I didn't realize that. I haven't seen his review. I had been on the lookout for a good match-up for Blesser ever since I got him, no one seemed quite right, and then once my Steel Core had him in hand it just feel like it was "meant to be." I even like how the two target masters are inverse colors so that they match, but are not exactly the same. Makes for a pleasing asymmetry.

2. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I would like to see someone make an alternative end for his gun more like an axe you can use in the elongated form - that might be nice to have.

3. Lodril

Lodril Poet of Destruction

Is it 5mm? If so, then it would probably be doable with Arms Micron guys, or BMOG.

4. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    So I finally got my most desired 3rd party figure.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    His hand holds are very tight so on the down side many axes and spears do not fit in / through his hands.

But on the good side he holds Blesser and Sidearm very well as they conversely suffer from pegs to small for many 5mm hands and they fall out - but not on Steelcore.

As the Dr.Wu's swords are mostly on the slim side they usually fit but I couldn't get the Matrix blade in his hand but that might be as it was a gold chrome one.

He can just about hold a CarbotV axe though OK.

He can also hold the weapons from most of the Transformers Go Samurai & Shinobi team especially Jinbu's sword looks super with him.

But heck that sword looks great with anything anyway) It even makes the overscaled 2014 Voyager Beast Hunters Optimus Prime look badass.

----------

I Hope Peaugh stating that the 3 Kings toy is an upgraded version of the same character that is Steel Core does not mean they have have scrapped the trailer release.

I still want that Trailer - especially as there's more or less enough cores out now to fill it up.

It's a shame Fansproject are not much for repaints (Revolver Core & City Commander excepted ) I'd kind of like to see Steel Core in another colour sometime - same sort of Spray mask but maybe in Red or Green tones.

Red would look nice sort of Powered Convoy ish and would still look great with the Blue trailer if ever released, and Green would make him look like more of a part of the team with the others.

I did see a prototype yellow & Black core once and that got me thinking along with what is in the comic that the Construction themed one might be kinda nice to have too.

6. alex1984

alex1984 Well-Known Member

Actually, FP does quite a bit of recolors. They've done: Shadow Scythe for Protector; Warcry and Fireblast for the Colossus set, as well as the later G1 recolor; Snowman edition of A3; Warbugs recolor for the Insecticons; and Virus for Code.

Hope they re-release Steel Core, I want one!

7. wwoptimusprime

wwoptimusprime Till all are one

Any body have any clue on when or if there still going to do his trailer? Really want that to complete this figure.

8. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    Well, FPC's latest website update (April 4th) is an extended bio for Steel Core, so perhaps it's a sign they are gearing up for the trailer release.
    https://www.fpcore.com/

Attached Files:

9. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  10. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Soleron

Ebay:
    i want this figure so bad...i missed the first run and bbts has it for a bit more than what i can spend. but ive always like the FP stuff.

11. fujikuro

fujikuro Well-Known Member

unfortunately, while transforming mine, the front facing part of my Steelcore snapped right off. The extending hip joint was always ridiculously tight, and the amount of force required to move the joint out to where it needs to be for alt mode always scared the crap out of me. Well, it now has broken. There are two small tabs inside that piece that lock it onto the larger part pf the hips. Be very very careful with transforming that part of the toy. I've had mine since the second run of these came out and transformed it many many times with no issues before, but the engineering on this part (seen after it broke) is clearly not able to withstand repeated transformation. Unfortunately, even using something like a high-strength epoxy was not enough to glue it back in place to where it can be transformed again. So, dead $80 toy. :( 

12. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Got pics?

13. fujikuro

Not right now. I'll have to take some when I have a chance.

14. fujikuro

Here you go: [​IMG]

The red circles indicate where the tabs will snap. The swing bar kind of thing that the hips are on just takes so much force to move into its proper position that these tabs get unduly stressed.

15. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Soleron

Ebay:
    is this a normal thing for this toy? i dont want to get it and have it snap on me like this...especially now that i can't find him for less than $160...that's too much for a break waiting to happen

16. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say that it is normal. I mean every SC owner echoed finding that pelvic joint to be very tight, but this is the first one I recall actually reported as broken. I have had my SC since the first release and transformed it numerous times and it is still in one piece. That joint is still tight as all hell though, but it hasn't broken on me... Yet

Sorry to hear about the breakage fujikuro. That is a damn shame.

17. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I've been worried about mine doing that from the beginning. My first copy actually started to crack (alongside coming with a broken weapon) so I got a replacement from fpc.

If you cut down the teeth on the ratchet joint a bit it fixes that scary tight joint and its not so worrisome. Its probably also prudent to hold the right parts when transforming it, so that there isnt extra pressure being applied to whats fragile.

18. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Some metal pins and gorilla glue 'migh't be strong enough to fix the break.

19. catan

catan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  20. fujikuro

Have to say that the parts where glue could be placed are pretty small. I've tried using JB-Weld, which can supposedly take 3900 PSI and it still wouldn't hold afterward even trying to very carefully transform it. I guess if I wanted a static action figure of Steel Core, I could glue it permanently. I've used the JB-Weld for other toys with good success, but not with this one. It's just a bit of a badly engineered part of an otherwise pretty good toy. Right now it just sits in pieces on my desk.