FansProject WB001 Warbot Defender Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Vangelus, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I've been hesitant about getting Warbot because I'm not overly attached to Springer or any of that, but I finally agreed to acquire one in a trade.

Warbot is exactly what I've been looking for. Each mode is different, everything works, transformation is complicated but not ridiculous like ROTF Prime... Color me impressed. This is exactly why I support 3rd party goods.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm disappointed with the Warbot Defender I got. It has QC issues out of the wazoo. The knees are floppy as hell to the point where it's a chore to get it to stand up. Any pose I try to do other than crouching or standing in a fairly neutral position has his weight of the upper body overtaking the knees and he bends backwards. The shoulder and arm joints are becoming loose, and there's a pin that connects the chest to the rest of the body that moves out of place whenever I transform him into car mode. He feels like some old G1 toy with joints that became loose and worn over years, yet I just got him earlier this week. I'm also annoyed with the waist and arm transformations kind of being hard sometimes, but I've gotten used to it.

The two vehicle modes are super solid though, at least. I like both of them and I like how the arms have a different configuration leading to two different aesthetics. If it weren't for all the damn loose joints mine has in robot mode, this would be a damn near perfect toy. I also don't want to try and take him apart and fix the knees myself in fear of screwing it up even further. If anyone has any possible easy methods to solve this feel free to shoot me a PM.

3. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I really hope this gets a re-release, city commander is entering it's third run now so why not a second for Warbot?

4. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

My wife calls him the transforming ninja turtle because of the color scheme lol

oddly enough, she says thats what she likes most about it :lol 

5. Bountyan

News Credits:
    Warbot is still fairly easy to find for a decent price though. On robotkingdom he's still in stock for $100+shipping. At least it's not like paying $200+ for City Commander on the second hand market before it got reissued earlier this week.

Oh, and I was able to somewhat fix the knee issue I have by finding a loose joint fix where you wrap thread around the joint so it stays tighter. Now my knees aren't a complete floppy mess and they can actually stay in one position. But if anyone still has any alternate fairly easy methods, again, PM me or respond pl0x

6. Dai-Guard

Dai-Guard Well-Known Member

I kind of hope they do that evil repaint from Warbot's instructions.

7. zeroomegazx

zeroomegazx I'm watching you...

News Credits:
    Where did you get yours from? Places like BBTS usually are great about replacements. I had to replace my first warbot for a QC issue as well. Second was top notch!

8. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    I hope to add this to my IDW Wreckers lineup, how much does he cost, may I ask?

9. Bountyan

News Credits:
    BBTS, TFsource, and a few others have him for about $109.

10. oxidative

oxidative last chance to evacuate

11. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
  12. spacelion77

spacelion77 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does anyone know if there is an add-on for Warbot's feet to make them longer? I'm finally getting one and one of the video reviewers mentioned something about a heel extension someone was making. Any leads?

13. deaculpa

deaculpa Seven Star Fist

News Credits:
    Defender Heels (pair) by process on Shapeways

14. spacelion77

spacelion77 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  15. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because of this, I'll update the product name to make it a little more search-friendly. :wink: 

16. MovieGodOptimus

MovieGodOptimus The Stand User

News Credits:
    Does anyone know how to get the tab on Defender's backside to connect in his vehicle modes? It always seems to pop-out when ever I try to.

17. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist Well-Known Member

So i got these add on heels from shapeways.

I fit them on pretty good, but they are made out of a powdery material i am not familiar with.

Do i need to do something special to them like apply a coat of paint or sealer or something? Or are these ok to leave as is on the bot all white and powdery? It doesnt bother me aesthetically. I just thought you guys might be able to help.

18. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just a bit over two years late on this guy, can't believe I put him off for so long. After rereading LSofW over and over I had to pick him up. Only been in ground mode, no heli mode yet but with this guy I can't wait for more Fansproject items.

19. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    I would assume just washing and wiping them down would be fine. At least thats been my experience.

20. Ellamin

Ellamin Heroes protect Freedom! not safety! BAKA!!

News Credits:
    I want one to make into an SG Galvatron custom, where might I find one to do so? or the body in fair condition at least?

I'd prefer under $110 if complete/original condition, or under $90 if headless/etc.

Fansproject wouldn't do a redeco with a grappling hook that'd turn into an orange/royal blue and grey arm cannon would they?