Fansproject update: Defender and Bruticus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by process, Dec 11, 2009.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I like everythign about the Defender except the feet. They don't look right to me. Still, I'm probably going to preorder it. Looking forward to more pics of Bruticus.

2. 245am

245am opener

News Credits:
    Dear Fansproject,
    Please do not rape me. KTHXBI!

Sincerely,
    My wallet

3. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    Never thought of that.

4. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    m.s.r.p: Tba <-;) 

5. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Funny how people have only noticed Vortex as the only major change. :) 

6. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hey, can you be more cryptic? =P

7. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Probably the fact no one is really talking about the fact they have added back cannons.

8. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh

yeah, and if there's some sort of attachment for a combined vehicle mode, that'll be awesome too

9. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    Be more creative? :D 

10. Venksta

News Credits:
    It seems the "Blastoff" limb is the only limb change people noticed. Can't be more specific then that... :) 

11. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

well there is no way the helicopter is unchanged as it can't connect like that as many people have said, one of the legs seems un changed other than the foot and given the other is face so you can't really see anything but a block but it does also look like the standard "tank" limb.

Really though I wish FP had just given us better hands and feet for bruticus as this level of change is going to make it look really different from AAA set.

12. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

The right arm (Blastoff) is pretty obvious that it's something different. I think we've kind of figured out the left arm (Vortex). The left leg (Brawl) looks to be pretty much the same. It's hard to tell, but the right leg (Swindle) Doesn't quite look like the tank mold, so it could possibly be different. There's obviously the cannons. Looks like maybe a crotch plate, possibly a chest plate too? Depends on how Onslaught is transformed for the combined form. The "ears" on Bruticus' head seem to look a little taller. Then there's the obvious feet, hands, and forearms. But considering it just a silhouette, it's pretty hard to tell on a lot of this stuff. But I REALLY REALLY look forward to seeing more. It'll be interesting to see if Blastoff and Swindle are entirely new figures, or adapted previous figures, or what?

13. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    I cant wait tp see more of Brut. It looks as though this upgrade will blow the ATA set out of the water. New head, chest piece, cannons for Onslaught and some type of armor for 2 of the limbs(to set them apart further), this is going to be epic.

14. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Defender looks pretty good, I'll give it that. I don't even mind the odd-looking car mode, as it does indeed evoke the Tumbler, as was earlier mentioned. However, is it just me or does it look like he has no knees? At least, I couldn't spot any. Still, for a fan-made triple changer, not a bad effort at all.

It will be interesting to see what the upgrades/changes for Bruticus will be. I was really tempted to pick up the Superion add-on kit, but didn't have the cash for it.

15. Venksta

News Credits:
    Defender's "car" mode is suppose to be a cybertronian, military off road vehicle. The G1 cartoon made it look like Springer transformed into a sports car. But I think FP is trying to go for a military approach with both of Defender's alt modes.

16. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I think the part I highlighted is where the joint for the knees are. Fansproject is very good at making things fairly articulated, so I'm sure they wouldn't leave out something as important as knees.

[​IMG]

I personally think that both vehicle modes look great, as does the robot mode. I never thought or expected the "car" mode to be a car. It was always more like a armored military vehicle. The only thing that bothers me a little is how tall, skinny, and exposed the rear wheels seem to be. But it's not a major issue for me. I think it'll turn out looking great!! I just hope the die-cast doesn't drive the price up too much.

17. catz

catz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    judging from the screw size, I think defener will be fairly small.. and not voyager sized?

18. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, I'm seeing it now. Looks like the knee will either be oddly proportioned though, or be really weak, given the size of that pin-hole. Still, it is just a test-shot, so they could tweak it a bit.

19. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    i'm inclined to think he'll be larger than deluxe, smaller than voyager; kind of like the Beast era 'mega' size class

20. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yeah, the mold itself doesn't look too bad. It really comes down to how well the coloring comes together.