Fansproject TFX-01B Shadow Commander

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by Peaugh, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
  2. The Primes

The Primes Well-Known Member

Normally I would see the review, but I just chaeked the tracking, and it is very likely Shadow Commander's gonna arrive today, so I'm going to wait till it comes to actually see the review. Because of this, I hope you don't mind, but I have one small question:

Do you think it's better than City Commander?

-Thanks

3. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Honestly? Not really. It's a great set, and VERY cool, but the City Commander set was NEEDED, and gave us an awesome , updated G1-style Ultra Magnus. Shadow Commander is a new character, and while he's quite cool looking, he doesn't also have that huge nostalgia factor to him.

4. The Primes

That last sentence is a bit ironic, seeing as for me, Shadow Commander would be the more nostalgic figure. My first Transformers series was RiD, and the character I remember and like most is Scourge. He was like Starscream, except he was more powerful, he wasn't a coward, and had a higher sucess rate.:p 
    The toy's also really awesome.

Since then, I've gotten any similar repaints, but only ones I consider 'Scourge-worthy.' So far, the only ones I like are the one for Classics Prime, and the one for Hybrid Convoy (couldn't get him, though). Then, take an already amazing City Commander, put it in one of my favorite Transformers color schemes, and you get, IMO, one of the greatest Transformers of all time.

Also, I use my City Commander set on Prime, so that might be another factor. :p 

5. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:

Heh. Just depends on when you got into TFs then. I think the Shadow Commander is an excellent set, I don't regret my purchase at all. But if I was told I could only keep one, it'd be City Commander.

6. The Primes

I decided to watch. Very good review, as always. :) 

Unfortuantely, it didn't come today, so I'm going to have to wait at least another two days.

ALSO: I was actually thinking of making a Nemesis Prime fanfiction and decided to use the name 'Shadow Convoy.' Now I have to think of a better name. :p 

7. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    What's wrong with Shadow Convoy? I won't tell anyone! :lol 

8. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    Its a good thing you can store his massive gun on his back.

9. The Primes

The set just arrived today, and I have to say it is awesome. In bot mode, the flaps on the shoulders are very loose, but storing the weapons keeps them in place. I also knew they redesigned the neck joint, but it turns out his head can't move up and down. On the bright side, you can simlate getting his head cut off without actually breaking it. :) 
    One nice part of the paint is that on the sides of the arms, the lines from the arm kibble continue on the arms, themselves.

And Peaugh, I also want to say thanks for showing a place to put the small sword-piece in bot mode.

EDIT: I just realized this trailer rolls a lot better than City Commander.

EDIT 2: I actually found a second place to put the hilt. If you're not using the BFG, just put it back on the connector.

10. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    THANK YOU for this video peaugh...i wasn't about to sit through a 23 minute long video to see the differences between this and teh city commander set...great video sir

11. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Whaaaaaaat, you can store the huge gun on the back? Is it in the instructions?

12. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    You're welcome! Glad you enjoyed it!

13. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    No, just something I figured out (and a couple of others did too) on the City Commander set.

14. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Bit of a different question for you Peaugh - what's the best way to get the primes/magnus' legs OUT of the leg armor? I was nervous putting UM into the City Commander set the first time but more nervous about trying to get them out. I have my Shadow Commander sitting in my pile of loot so looking forward to having him ship once Henkei Cyclonus gets in stock! Nice review as always!

15. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    I usually put my index fingers on the two inner corners of the armor (at the front and rear of his knees) and then use my thumb to push on the leg flap on the smaller figure that's visible through the hole in the side of the leg armor. But not touching the smaller figure at all, it allows the figure to rotate how it needs to to pop out without applying unnecessary force to any part of the figure.

16. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Cool - I'll give this a try tonight! he's been in robot mode since Christmas cuz i've been too afraid to try and remove them after one attempt of it not budging :lol  Thanks!

17. The Primes

I honestly think it's easier to get the armor off than on. To get it in, you have to get it in the exactly right spot, but to get it out, all you have to to is push it from the hole in the side (not too hard a push) and then wiggle it out.

18. caked-up

caked-up Well-Known Member