FansProject TFX-01 City Commander Upgrade Set Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by zeroXII, Sep 25, 2008.

1. fraenhawk

fraenhawk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just opened my set that I got when BBTS had the (brief) pre-order. Had to look at the video reviews to figure out why I couldn't get the trailer to attach in truck mode. Turns out I'm not stupid, mine was missing the cross bar that also serves to clip the BFG :(  Luckily that really doesn't affect robot armor mode. Amazing upgrade. I had kept a UM/Skywarp 2-pack sealed all this time and finally broke it open since I didn't like that UM looked no different than OP without the kit. So glad I was finally able to get it without the eBay markups.

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^You should email BBTS and see if they can send you an extra piece.

3. fraenhawk

News Credits:
    Yeah, I did. On such a hard to find item not sure if they'll be able to do anything, but worth a shot.

4. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    If they have any more in stock, they will just pull the piece from another one and ship it to you. They have done that for me in the past.

5. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even if they can't send you the piece, aside from offering a full refund if you send it back, they may offer you a partial refund if you decide to keep it.

I know when my Hot Toys T-800 came with a broken Endo hand they sent me $20 and I was able to get a new hand off of Ebay with the money :) 

6. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This thread reminds me that I'm very sad we never got an FP Pharaohtron and his minions. They're a great twist on the whole Unicron trio.

7. fraenhawk

News Credits:
    Wow, got a tracking number for a replacement part already. Way to go BBTS!

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only makes me more confident to shop at BBTS more often if they can replace missing stuff that easily. :D 

9. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Can anyone tell me how tall FP CC UM is (in inches or the equivalent)? Thanks, and much appreciated!

10. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't have mine anymore, but once he is combined he really is not much taller then the voyager Prime on his own. I would say maybe and inch taller to the top of is antennae.

11. EightiesKid

EightiesKid G1 archivist

News Credits:
    I had been thinking of purchasing this set for awhile, and now BBTS has it up for pre-order. With the set listed at $135 and the Asian release of Classics Magnus at $80, the whole set will run $215 plus shipping. Pretty steep.

The reviews seem solid though, so I may go ahead and order it. Anyone here have any thoughts or recommendations? Is he worth $200+?

12. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    I've had it, loved it, got rid of it because I got bored of it, never thought about it again, saw it for PO earlier this morning and the set is currently sitting in my BBTS PO list right now:lol 

13. PORTER

PORTER energon is just mtn dew

ive wanted this set since it was annouced and i have one on preorder too.im pretty pumped.im getting a misb skywarp and magnus set for 130 to complete my seekers finally.my holy grail is a complete classics collection,so it is worth it to me.if i split the two pack in half its $65 for each figure.after the CC set i spend about 200 even.to get this figure is an arm and a leg but i got some extra limbs i can regenerate =D

14. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

Is The city commander add on kit white gun heavy? Mine magnus right arm is not that strong to support the regular white gun without it leaning on the hips. Does anyone know if the arm can be tightened up? It's on the spinning portion of the arm

15. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

Even though I think its worth it, you can find a better deal than that in the Junkion Exchange here.

16. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Get the KO if you can still find it. It's fantastic quality, about a third of the price (including the shoulder add on), and the only difference is that the left shoulder doesnt secure tightly on Voyager Prime's (easily fixed with a folded paper towel strip, or almost anything else that can jam between the shoulder and the addon without stratching.

It's a fantastic set, but the quality difference between the original and KO is almost imperceptible

17. Nemesis251

It should be able to hold it. Mine does it fine. To tighten the arm joints. Take a small paintbrush with some Future floor polish and make a thin coat on the ratchet "teeth" at the elbow. Do one side, let it dry then repeat on the other. That should help.

18. xMostWanted559x

It's hard to explain. Mines weak on the spinning area of the arm. So when he holds the bigger gun the weight makes his arm and gun swing into his crotch

19. Nemesis251

Can you show what part of the arm you referring to?

20. xMostWanted559x

[​IMG]

Here's an example. Between the ratchet elbow and the shoulder pads is a spinning joint that allows arm to swing in or out