Fansproject Superion Price Check

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Puffinator, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Puffinator

Puffinator Banned

I'm not sure if this is in the wrong area, but I was thinking of getting one of these. I don't want the Snowman version and am looking at the Appendage kit and the Universe/ROTF Superion. eBay seems to be all over the place so basically, what's the going rate on this set?

2. autotronprime

autotronprime I like to make cool things!

News Credits:
    I was wondering the same thing. Evilbay is completely wacked out on prices.

3. Puffinator

Puffinator Banned

Yeah, it's rough navigating.

4. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

it's a tough call as these limbs came out a long time ago. I believe it was 50 starting and then it went dry for a while. Then a few months later, it seemed bbts found a shipment of them (or tfsource) and sold them for 64.99 (was when i grabbed my set). now since they are not in production and sold out everywhere, it's not unusual to see these crazy prices on ebay. maybe if you check out the for sale threads, you might find a seller cheaper than ebay prices.

5. Puffinator

Puffinator Banned

The problem is, there isn't really baseline to compare anything to. Not many are for sale and what is available are all over the map. I like to go into buying something with some knowledge before I actively ask for or seek to actually pay for something. It seems like maybe $150-$200 seems about right if the Superion is loose. But I'd like some more definitive knowledge from the experts here.

6. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

yeah i don't blame ya, its really hard to tell how the market is for this stuff. from the for sale threads it seems around 135 - 180 is the price range. from the previous threads i read before, i heard it might be cheaper to buy each limb of the original rotf set and then buy the appendage kit.

7. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

The set itself? About $110 I think at TFSource, which is where I bought mine just recently? I paid retail for Superion himself, which was like $50 at Zellers. (they seem to get Target's exclusives)

Be aware, however, that Silverbolt's inner lower leg pieces will more than likely need to be swapped around. It seems all copies of Silverbolt and Energon Stormjet have those bits installed backwards, thus not allowing the knee to bend. Then again, no need to worry if you just want to display the combined mode.

8. blaynescott

blaynescott Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I woke up today wondering the same thing myself. Don't know why - just combiners on my mind, I guess. :) 

For such a sparse set (compared to the add-on bits that came with Explorer/Munitioner FP sets), the eBay prices are nuts. I know I'd hate myself if I bought any of them at those prices. :/

I wanted to get a set just to have some combiner forearms, hands, and feet for a non-superion project of mine.

9. Puffinator

Puffinator Banned

I guess that just speaks to the availability of it on the site. It's virtually non-existent. I'd like a good companion piece to my Bruticus until Giant comes along and Superion seems kind of nice. I didn't like the look of it at first but it's grown on me.