FansProject Superion Kit

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by bsutton1, Mar 11, 2011.

1. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Who has the FansProject Superion Add-On Kit? I just got Explorer and Munitioner yesterday for Bruticus and absolutely love them. I've been on the fence about Superion for a while. I just want to get some opinions if the kit is worth it or not.

2. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    It definitely gives superion a much more impressive look than the "out of the box" with those energon parts as feet and hands. To me, the way the hands were made to fit on the arms is not all that great...feet are awesome! I use to own it and sold it. It's a nice piece to have but it's not an out of this world kit like the Bruticus upgrade.

3. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

The Superion set isn't as impressive as the Bruticus set. BUT it's still pretty impressive. I have both versions and I'm very happy to have them. It makes Superion SOOOO much better.

4. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I have the gray set. I really like it. It isn't nearly as cool as they munitioner and explorer sets, but it makes superion look much better.

5. The Crow

The Crow ARK BUILDER!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have both the Superion set and the Bruticus set. Like everyone says the Bruticus set is way better, but I love the way the kit make my Superion look so much better!!

6. Flyby33

Flyby33 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Get it. It makes all the difference

7. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Its the only thing that will save Superion Energon.

I got the snowman and the normal kit. And I also have the bruticus kit (2 of those as well). Bruticus is far better in terms of engineering, but at Superion upgrade makes Energon Superion not the worse of the combiners at least

8. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree with most of the comments posted already. I actually just did a video review of the Fansproject Ariel team add-on kit. You can check out the video on my youtube channel in the link in my signature below. I posted it in the video feedback section of the boards as well.

It's a very good set, although, I probably would not pay more than $80 for it. But thats up to you.

9. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    +1. The downside of the set is that is forces both of one type of limb to be the legs, and due to their tails it forces Superion into a very wide stance.

10. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Go for it, I personally love it.

11. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love it. No, it isn't as impressive as the Bruticus set. It does,however, make Superion 100x better.

12. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Even tho I've alrdy sold-off mine sometime ago, it's totally worth getting.

Get it dude, you won't regret it.

13. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

It's a bit better if you Transform it a little different from the way they suggest you do it - (you can get better arms out of it than the suggested way).

I like it but I also agree it's slightly less impressive than Munitioner / Explorer. and I have the feeling they might make a couple of new limbs and new bits for Superion sometime anyway. (maybe).

But I suspect people would be happier if they just made their own version of the Protectobots or something like that.

The plastic they use is a bit odd though it's very matt and feels light - but it does not seem brittle as such.

I have to admit I like the Fanprojects items and will continue to buy them but I don't hold them any higher than some of the other Fan company items like Knight Morpher Commander or King Bat.

14. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

I agree with everyone else, it does make superion look better but compared to the bruticus addons, it's on a whole new scale. For the bruticus, you're actually getting new limbs versus using the pre-existing transformers and putting addon limbs.

I did have a bit trouble putting them on and may have stressed some of the connectors, but that's my fault. It's like you have to angle them.

In the end, it's a great add on and if you do plan on getting them, you should now before it goes up in price. The add on gives superion new arms, better feet, and a bit of added height. I think the only negative thing is that the arms use only one of the ball jointed legs and its hard to have it bend at the elbow for a pose since it's a bit heavier now (the new forearm with hand). Everytime I bend it up, it slowly slides back down. It might be just my figure has loose ball joints and not everyone else has the same issue. Probably some nail polish could fix that.

15. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have it, and personally love it, i got it when it first came out, and them not replacing the jets is fine since it is close to the original alt modes anyways

16. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

It's very expensive for what it is. Very underwhelming when you see all the contents in the box.Maybe i felt that way because i paid a lot for it,but it does drastically improve what was a very poor figure. I hope FP will make something similar for Devastator.

17. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I think it's worth it if you can get a really good deal. I paid about $30 shipped for mine, but I really can't value it much more than that. It really does improve Superion, but after seeing what FansProject can do with things like the Munitioner and Explorer, I'd actually like for them to revisit Superion with something similar (though I doubt they will).

18. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's definitely worth it. Adds a lot more use to the mold. It's not worth spending hundreds, but, worth having at a reasonable price.

19. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ^ I agree. The cheapest I've so far is $56 on Ebay as of last night. I would like to go within $30-40 if possible.

20. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

I got it for $50 or so, and for that price it's definitely worth it. If you like Superion this kit is for you.