FansProject Speed (not Rapido)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 18, 2015.

1. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Not a bad looking figure. The arms are perhaps a wee bit more spindly than I'd have expected and the feet are very strange (but growing on me), but I like it!

That being said, I think I prefer the Botcon Rapidio. Can't wait to see their Skram and Turbofire though!

2. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin TFW2005 Supporter

If you think people don't like this because they want a Prowl repaint, you're mistaken. People want Rapido to look...like Rapido. This design is like if Transmutate from Beast Wars took an Earth mode.

Plenty of room to translate Rapido's actual design into a modern figure and have him look nothing like any of the ark bots.

IMG_1867.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  3. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

I'm certainly not committed to buying this, but I'm not bothered by the spindly look. I don't mind skeletal robots. We'll see how it looks fully colored.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback.

I can assure you, the concept behind this is to be exactly NOTHING like seen previous. Maybe you like it, maybe you don't but the idea is to break the idea that bots need to all look the same. He is supposed to be thin, and that is right from the original design provided by the concept artist and the same goes for the remaining team. If this one does not work for you, I am fairly sure the remaining ones wont be for you either. Nothing wrong with that as not everything is for everyone, to be sure.

As for the Proto, it was very very very hard to get it glued together in some kind of a pose that is not just standing there. Agreed the pose is pretty goofy but I can also say the level of articulation is pretty crazy with double jointed arms and knees, and while he does not have traditional 'feet' like you may be used to, the way the feet work is crazy impressive with a ton of articulation there as well.

He will be around deluxe size, no question about that and is by no ways supposed to be represent of any Masterpiece. This is designed to be a toy, something to play with and pose and transform many times while maintaining a complete and unique look and design. His look of rapido is there but it is in familiarity only and is not supposed to be a representation of the original but a re-imagining of the original.

Again, not for everyone and if you are just looking for a masterpiece figure to sit on your shelf then for sure this is not the guy for you and there is nothing wrong with that at all. If you are interested in something unique and different then you may enjoy this one.

There are to be many changes on this compared to the proto, as some of the assembly is just not possible so there will be considerable changes when it goes to molding. Not in design or detail but in how it works. End result will be a very unique and fun figure that will be affordable and will come with a few surprises to it as well.

Oh as as for the weapon/engine thing, the weapon does not fit on the top of the vehicle but underneath, kind of like the CHUG Sideswipe where the blaster bits end up being the exhaust for the car mode. Each of the figures in the line will have some sort of weapon/engine gimmick but it may not be an exact replica of the original. As I say, re-imagining, not a full on representation.

• Like Like x 6
  5. motorthing

motorthing Polarised.

News Credits:
    Except there are plenty of other TFs with exactly this kind of aesthetic going on, a bunch of Bayformers for a start and Animated and follow up series to RID all had thin-limbed bots. So it's like PLENTY of things previously made, just in an aesthetic that doesn't appeal to me. This thing would have fitted right in with the Reveal the Shield Scout Bayformers - and I didn't buy any of those.

Others might.

But, if you're trying to sell these things to a mainly G1-centric Market (it doesn't matter if people don't like that factoid, it just and that's where the money is) you're going to find a big chunk of that Market would probably want it done differently.

If you want to apeal to Bayfans then screw the head up, give it a face like a cauliflower and it'll fit that right down to the ground. Seamless.

• Like Like x 3
  6. TCJJ

TCJJ 105% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    That's an insult to those Scout toys. Those were actually good. Rapido looks like a hot mess, period.

And this is coming from someone who likes Classics-style reimaginings and just fun toys to play with. This Rapido just looks bad.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Speaking for myself, I'm not asking for a MP of Rapido or the other Axelerators. I love G2 stuff, but I don't need MPs of those. I just want to round out the Axelerators in Classics because Classics has been able to cover much more ground than MP ever will be able to, and Fun Pub touching on it but never going back has left it as an itch I wanted scratched well ever since. I can appreciate wanting to do something different, but for my own interests, this doesn't move me to replace the old Botcon figure, and if the other three come out similar to this, I'm not sure I'll want to buy those either. That will make me sad, because I've been hoping this project would get off the ground since it was announced (I mean, who else will do Axelerators at this point? The 3P market has moved far away from non-combiner or IDW Classics for the most part), but the aesthetic found in Rapido just doesn't interest me much for a Classics representation.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Don't quite see the similarity to Bayformers myself but your call on what you see and what you prefer of course.

9. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Man this is sad, I can remember when Fansproject was THE go to company for anything awesome, now they barely put out anything, and what they do put out looks horrid....how the mighty have fallen...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Arms are the biggest problem I have. I certainly enjoy re-imagined characters and different aesthetics, but something is just... off... about Speed.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Consider also I can't photograph to save my life. Seems they always look very off.

It is not nearly as odd looking in person but that is my own opinion of course.

12. regnator

regnator Well-Known Member

But It's not FP, is it ?
    MAAS is a new third party since their Bumblebee, they're no FP. Or I don't understand.

13. motorthing

motorthing Polarised.

News Credits:
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

And most of those managed feet. Kind of.

• Like Like x 5
  14. ILoveLuci4

ILoveLuci4 I probably hate you, too

Eww.

Just...

Eww.

I LOVE Generation 2. I love Rapido.
    I don't like this figure.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Sorry mate, even with all your photos, I am not seeing what you are seeing. The bayformer stuff is all odd shapes and over details in odd curves and weird bits. Most of Speed is pretty squared off without overly aggressive detail aside from a few sculpted pistons in the arms. The bayformers are also all pretty simple, no real articulation or anything, as well as a good 3 to 5 cm shorter than speed in height.

You don't like it, I get it. no worries, it is your call. No one is forcing you to put it into your collection or make you buy it.

16. Everything Man

Everything Man Well-Known Member

It was originally FP's design and maas has acquired it.

17. Everything Man

Everything Man Well-Known Member

It's super refreshing to see you chime in here. Kinda fills in the blanks as to how this thing is finally coming to fruition, and that maas has some awesome people on their team to ensure a quality product. That and when the skyscorchers are designed it will be by someone who worked on this rapido and the other axelerators.

18. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Gotta be honest, I would love to see more of the G2 stuff come to fruition and honest, there are a lot of plans in the works. Like everything, it will take some time to get to speed with everything and as MAAS moves forward you will see a lot more thing deviating from the 'norm' as many see it.

Sure, it is not for everyone but you know, it is a lot of fun to get there.

• Like Like x 2
  19. regnator

regnator Well-Known Member

Ok, Thank you

20. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

I really like how weird and different this looks. I enjoy bots that break from the norm while still holding onto some of their aesthetic roots (car hood for chest etc). Seeing that these are a bit smaller and have a bold look is super appealing. I'll hopefully gobble them all up when they're released.

If these are successful enough I'd love to see Predators and dare I say.......TURBOMASTERS!!! Gimme dat BOSS.

• Like Like x 2