Fansproject Shadow Commander - worth it?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BreakY, Oct 10, 2010.

1. BreakY

BreakY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for all the input guys! I appreciate it a lot! I'm still on the fence about getting it, seeing as I haven't even received City Commander in the mail yet. Once I have him posed on my desk, I should have a better idea if Shadow Commander is worth it's exorbitant aftermarket price tag. At this point, I really am split 50/50.

2. BreakY

BreakY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Your BFG looks like it fits fine too? How long ago did you purchase it?

3. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    hm, maybe 6 months ago or so. To get the bfg to stay up like that though, whether its orignal or ko, youll need to finagle the arm a bit. Even originals are just to heavy to hold. Once you have the arm locked like that (joints horizontally alligned, opposed to vertical), it will hold up the gun np but, his body cant support it either. you would need to tie off the feet so he doesnt end up doing the splits. Like so-
    [​IMG]

edit: its an authentic nemesis prime inside

double edit: Ive never been able to get either original or ko combos to hold the bfg any other way either. Even tightening arm/shoulder/hip screws, IMO the guns just to heavy to hold it straight forward with out some kind of permanent fix. Those little screws are very easily stripped if tightening too, just a warning.

4. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I painted nemy's joints so he has a better chance of holing BFG.

5. Bruticus11

Bruticus11 White Elephant Hunter

Ebay:
    Buy it before the price really gets out of reach..... I got mine from the junkion board here paid a pretty penny but its worth it. I also have the DIA kit in box. I am gonna get City commander soon before its real out of reach for me.......

6. BreakY

BreakY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I don't want to be talking smack about FansProject because they are just amazing, but I gotta wonder about the BFG. What's the point of having it if the figure isn't going to be able to hold it without tying the feet or having to do a sweet spot articulation of the arms? Being able to pose the Commanders with that big-ass ridiculous world destroyer is one of the draws of owning it! Isn't there a more natural sweet-spot pose?

7. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Get the real version, the ko set is good for this one, but its no guarantee for ko sets. some will get good ones and most will get crappy ones. the real set will be guarantee good. less headaches later on if you run into problems with a ko version.

8. BreakY

BreakY Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    thanks for the input guys. :D 

ok, so here's another one. do you think Hasbro might re-release the classics Optimus/UM/Nemmy mold for use with the armor again? Considering that the Rodimus 2-pack is coming, we got the Sideburn redeco for TFCC, and the Prime deluxe re-release (listed for Takara anyway)?

Prices for a Nemmy is kinda crazy right now. I'd hate to pick one up (like what happened when Rodimus 2-pack got announced) only to find that a re-release is right around the corner.

9. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

I would seriously doubt we'd see Nemesis Prime released again, and even if so, it wouldn't be with the armor in mind. Hasbro has no interest in helping out third party sales for people like FansProject.

However, you could buy the KO Black Wonderfest Prime on KOToys. It's damn close to Nemesis Prime, and less expensive.

10. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    The "sweet spot" is using the cannon as a shoulder mounted blaster.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also if you transform the gun handle it can be held straight out as a very long rifle.

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    uh... Nemesis Prime SDCC is only about 40 bucks here. how can that be expensive?

The Wonderfest KO is about 50$, and the joints and head scrupt are a little iffy depending.