Fansproject Severo Core

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ORIO, Jul 4, 2018.

1. BoNKerS

BoNKerS Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 5
  2. HemanPrime

HemanPrime Well-Known Member

Great photos guys. This guy came out of nowhere and I couldn't be happier. I absolutely love the warbot line and this guy has reinvigorated my love of the line. Can't wait to get Severo Core.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Masktique

Masktique #1 Sideways Fan

News Credits:
    I really enjoy how the Soleron mimics Grimlock’s usual chest detailing. Really creative way to integrate the little fella.

• Like Like x 6
  4. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

If there is a non convention release of this guy I will definitely get him because i absolutely adore the warbot line. However, I think I like steelcore more.... From photos anyways.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I reckon this will sell out like crazy. Keeping my eyes peeled for orders.

6. Deceptimatrix

Deceptimatrix Warrior Elite

FWIW I talked to A3U at the con and they told me that FP wants this to be a convention only item. Meaning any unsold product will be held til the next convention.

• Like Like x 2
  7. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Thanks for the info. What a frustrating standpoint FP are taking! A proper reissue of Steelcore and also the new Severo Core would have sold loads, no?

• Like Like x 4
  8. Deceptimatrix

Yeah I'm not sure it's the best idea, especially since they plan on releasing the yellow version. I understand where they're coming from though, which is to keep convention exclusives special for the people that make the effort to attend. If everyone could just buy the exclusives online what incentive is there for people to go to the convention?

• Like Like x 2
  9. madpanda

madpanda Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answer @Deceptimatrix really do appreciate it.
    Following the FP motto I guess we are getting answers for Fans by Fans. Guess this is where I get off of the FP hype train. Ain't no point of a comeback/revival if you can't get your product out to customers that are willing to give you a shot again FP.
    I think it would, as I still see people wanting to buy Steelcore and its prices hovering pretty high on ebay. But I can understand why they are being cautious as they probably don't want loads of inventory just sitting and being discounted like Revolver Core. Couple that with the fact that the Steelcore mold is dated.
    One problem with that logic. If your close to the convention it makes sense, $35 for a one day ticket no problem that is if your living on the east coast within driving distance to Toronto and Chicago. Problem for me is that I reside in SoCal. Getting to one of these conventions rounding down would be $400 minimum for a round trip flight, $200 for a hotel, $100 for transport, $100 for food and drinks, which totals to $800. Then there is the cost to take the Friday off work to travel which would cost me PTO hours. Essentially I would be paying over $1000 USD for the privilege to purchase X# of convention exclusives. For me it just isn't cost effective, as my main mission would be to buy the exclusives and attend the 3rd party panel which in my book is not work over 1K. With the cost to go to TFcon I could instead purchase a flight for a worthwhile vacation, purchase X# of 3rd party TF's, dump cash into my other hobbies, and etc.

I do understand the convention exclusive thing though, I really do, but with these TF exclusives being on the east coast, it leaves us west coast fans out to dry. At the end of the day it leaves me less supportive of FP's efforts though I'll probably ask a board member to try and score me one at TFCon Chicago if someone is willing. But then it also gives me a greater appreciation for companies like MMC that make a limited run of their exclusives available for purchase though select etailers.

At the end of the day I'm saying I'm a lil salty, but I'll get over it lol.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Deceptimatrix

I totally get it. I'm lucky enough to be a 5 hour drive away (from both locations actually) so I can't really complain, but obviously not everyone has that luxury.

I think this is a release where patience will pay off. Who knows they may change their mind and put them on the site? Unless they did a ridiculously low run, but even that doesn't make sense because of all the remolded bits. Trying to find logic in FP is a fruitless activity...

I really hope the people that couldn't make it to TFcon find a way to get this in hand. It's a sweet figure

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ozymandias13

Ozymandias13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do Con vendors generally get a take of the attendee fees? Unless they sell a product, my understanding is that vendors don't get jack. If that's their situation, we're back to the old argument whether it's more profitable to do a small run of overpriced items or do a bigger run of normally-priced items. And without numbers that's an argument that can't be won by either side.

But it sure looks dumb and unprofitable from here in the Penis Gallery.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really disagree with the Con-only approach

Not everyone can attend conventions due to cost or location

And

can anyone point me to FansProject’s website where they list their convention schedule? No? Exactly

• Like Like x 5
  13. kaszal

kaszal Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    "For fan, by fans?" Yeah, right.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hexatron

With FP being in the background forever, releasing old moulds and no longer being a top tier 3P company, its odd they assume they are the elites that should pump out exclusive figures.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  15. BoNKerS

BoNKerS Well-Known Member

On the flip side it keeps costs down. Inventory will be based on convention run-rate. So you can forecast lower numbers.

I love FP product, I hope they can figure out how to survive and come back to the forefront.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Hexatron

Would be pretty easy for them to do the math. More product sold = more profit.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Bisto Yeti

Bisto Yeti Well-Known Member

I hope this guy makes his way across the pond to TFnation next month.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Predakign2000

Predakign2000 Transformers Fan Since 1984

FansProject was my entry point into 3rd Party. I love the figures I have, even if they are a little dated. I wanted this badly. I can't get to conventions right now and FPJ are missing the boat entirely. I would have been down for a full set of Cybertronian Dynobots. FPJ comes back with a whimper instead of a bang.

• Like Like x 3
  19. madpanda

madpanda Well-Known Member

They could have listed it for sale online on their website, or even taken preorders, or could have even crowd funded. There are options for them to increase profitability, yet instead they have chosen to make their products unattainable for some. It's all good though, if they continue to operate with poor communication and have their better products remain to be unattainable then they will destroy themselves.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Hexatron

It doesn't hurt my feelings, I'll put the money I would have spent on Severo core and their roller towards MMCs new figures. FP haven't even made it out of the hole they were in and the are already setting themselves up to be buried. There is next to no TF community in Western Canada and I'm not about to fly across the country so if this is how FP chooses to operate then I'll mark them off my list. Having said that the figure looks awesome and if it does have a mass release id buy it but as of now I don't really have an urge to support FP.

• Like Like x 2