Fansproject Sets

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Sioce, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have been looking around to see if there is any chance of picking these up.
    I'm looking for the armor set for classics optimus specifically, but any will do as I can repaint.
    Am I stuck with ebay? Or is there somewhere to pick it up for a good price.
    I really wish fansprojects and hasbro could hook up and release these with the figures....
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    eBay is your last hope right now.

And they aren't going to be cheap.

3. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    It depends which flavor you're looking for.

City Commander (Ultra Magnus) is scarce, and eBay will rally be your only hope.

Shadow Commander (Nemesis Prime) is still in stock in a lot of online stores like BBTS, and can be purchased there. There's also a high quality knock off floating around.

Powered Commander (TFCon exclusive Diaclone Powered Convoy colors) was a limited run for the TFCon in Toronto, and can probably only be found on eBay. This was the set color matched to and intended for Classics Optimus Prime, rather than Henkei Convoy.

D.I.A. Commander (Powered Convoy colors again, but with chrome) is still in development and hasn't been released yet, and if you're looking for a set for Classics Optimus Prime this will probably be your best bet. This set is more color matched to Henkei Convoy.

Here's a pic of the first three commander sets, so you can get an idea of the differences.

[​IMG]

4. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

did the Powered Convoy come with the original "ultra magnus" face too? like the nemesis one did? or does it just come with the face plate?

because the powered convoy version is the one i've wanted a while, i actually like it's colors better then ultra magnus' colors...

5. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Actually, Powered commander ONLY comes with the Ultra Magnus face. He does not have the faceplate face like Shadow Commander. Though, his head is the same mold as Shadow Commander, so you could swap in the Shadow Commander faceplate if you REALLY wanted.

That sounds like the opposite of what you want, though, so, to answer your question, YES, he has the Ultra Magnus face.

6. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I know everyone says Powered Commander is intended for Prime, but I still think it's supposed to be for Magnus, to make him Diaclone/Movie Preview Magnus.

7. Sioce

Sioce Radicon in training

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sucks that I only very recently found out about these sets.

I would have been all over all 3 of these as I have Prime, Magnus, and Nemesis.

Such is life I suppose.

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Technically, he would be made for the non-existent blue Classics Optimus, to be completely Diaclone-accurate.

9. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    or the red if it was the european version

10. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BBTS and TFSource still have the D.I.A. Commander on preorder for $119.
    TFCon Powered Commander you should be able to find on these boards for less then $200.
    If you really do not care about color you can still buy the shadow commander for $90 or less.

All those prices are pretty close to retail. You're not going to find City Commander at retail ($80) unless you're really lucky.

11. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

With anything FansProject, get them as soon as they are released and while you can. Otherwise you'll end up regretting it and be forced to supply a scalper's income.

Sioce, welcome to the boards!

12. Seeker24

Seeker24 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Keep an eye on the sales boards.. thats where i got my City Commander. good luck!