Fansproject Seaspray, Powerglide, G2 Prime trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Orodruin, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

Now that would be fantastic.

2. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have a very hard time believing the silhouettes are not from Fansproject; I think there are just too many similarities for it to be two groups and a coincidence.

Where did you see that the silhouettes are not Fansprojects', or at the very least, where did you see it say there were 2 groups working on an add-on?

3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Hm, gotta say, that little hydroencephalitic munchkin Powerglide and the G2 Prime armor don't do much for me. Seaspray looks okay, but honestly the iGear version shown in another thread looks better. I guess these are good for folks who want minibots to be mini, though.

However, those Insecticons look amazing, those are a home run. And the Heartmaster is intriguing, I look forward to seeing more of that.

4. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    I was just thinking the same thing.

Powerglide and Seaspray look nice. But honestly I'm good with the Hasbro versions, and I would've preferred for FP to do other characters that haven't had such recent entries.

That trailer for RTS Prime makes one helluva difference. Has made me to deicde to keep m RTS Prime after all.

And the Insecticons are gorgeous.

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    couldn't that seaspray actually be igears? it looks just like it to me. I don't understand how two different companies could independently make the same toy at the same time. it still boggles my mind how the two reflectors got put into production.

6. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    The two Seasprays look completely different.

7. Nemesis251

Nemesis251 Wakanda Forever!!!

Good competition makes everything better. That healthy rivalry make all 3rd parties step their game up which equals more win for us fans of the product.

8. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are different: look at the elbows joints.. balls for Igear and a different joint for Fp. But also the chest area is different..

9. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Okay, that Laser Optimus is a must have.

10. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty sure the Prime silhouettes and the actual pictures are from the same upgrade by FP, I highly doubt there are two companies making each their own version.

11. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, that G2 prime trailer looks fantastic. I wonder how much more sought after this will make the RTS G2 prime mold.

I love A-10s and Powerglide so much I am tempted by that one too. I haven't bought any 3rd party TFs, just 3rd party upgrade kits, so I am not sure I will bite. Cool none the less.

12. Cheem The Rup

News Credits:
    Me too: anyway one that could confirm definitely it is Venksta...

13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Exactly, you see a silhouette of the trailer from and unknow company. Then you see the FP version. The FP version shares all the qualities the silhouette shows. Yet the conclusion is two different figures. LMAO Come on people, 1+1=2 here people. FP got one past us. In the end it is a sweet looking set and I hope RTS returns to Canada once the movie hype dies a little. I need that G2 Prime, and some Wreck Gars :p 

About two toys from two companies comments. It is very easy, one great idea, two different companies and zero communication. This happens in film often. How many times do we get two summer block busters based on the same thing. Deep Impact, Armaggedom. Volcano and Dontes Peek. These things happen all the time.

About the two Seasprays. I prefer the feet and head on FP. The chests are similar enough that I have no preference. The iGear arms are a lot better than FP's. It's a tie so I will get both lol.

14. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    was thinking along the line's of that :D  hence me thinking maybe a headmaster

15. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was just thinking about that and really wish we could get characters such as say, Star Saber get the 3rd party treatment.

16. masishadow

masishadow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm...I know the paint schemes on robot mode RTS and UN laser prime aren't that different. WTB painted pics of g2 trailer!

17. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awwwww hell. FP y u rape wallet?

So going by the pics and the silloette teaser on Prime...He has an a standard armor mode, a base mode, and a super beefy armor mode. That's friggin awesome, but I don't think it's going to help the articulation on those arms. I just hope there is a version for the United, since thats the superior one....and the one I picked up.

Insecticons are sexy as ever, and I hate the notion of insecticons. These guys are just too cool for me to care.

Interesting in the heartmaster, especially seeing how the little dude is so articulated and complicated. I will await more info since the alt mode isn't doing much for me.

The only thing I'm not picking up would be those minibots. G1 accurate, sure, but powerglide's design always looked awful and Seaspray is way too small and I like the Hasbro HFTD representation better. I don't get the notion that minibots have to stay mini.

18. Cheem The Rup

News Credits:
    I'm with you :rock  A 3rd party Victory Saber is my greatest dream so far :D 

edit: yes you want Star Saber but I would also Victory Leo :D 

19. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Damn, the pix aren't working for me, anyone have them saved and willing to share?

Edit: Nevermind, I got a little too eager before asking for the pictures, found the link a couple pages back :) 

Edit 2: Insecticons are sold for me...figured I'd be into them once I saw them in color. Still hope Shrapnel's pincers can be placed on his shoulders though.

Also Powerglide looks TERRIBLE :lol  that head is ridiculous. Seaspray isn't too bad, but iGear definitely won that battle IMO.

The "Heartmaster" thing is pretty cool looking. I'll be interested in hearing more info on it.

20. senorvandal

senorvandal That Guy

Wow, just wow. My G2 Prime won't looks so out of place next to the original classics Prime and my protector Rodimus any longer. That trailer is absolutely out of this world.

I'm guessing the armor will work well with either figure, much like the Protector Armor looked good on both Classics and Henkei Rodimus.