Fansproject reprolabels? Yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Eternalm, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Eternalm

Eternalm Hasbro owns my Childhood

So, I loves me some fans project, but at the same time, there stuff is typically a little plain.

I was looking at the stuff that Reprolabels has, which is possibly a little too much.

Does anyone have any really good comparison pics of before and after?

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    You can always buy Repro labels and NOT use every label.

Something that needs every label though, for example, would be G3 trailer. But aside from that, things like Warbot defender and City Commander, its best not to use everything.

3. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

nay,as i have yet to buy any repro labels for my 3rd party TF toys & accessories that I own.

4. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I only applied Autobot and Decepticon symbols to Defender and the Crossfire sets. No need for the extras IMO.

5. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    the explorer and munitioner stickers are proof it is best not to use everything.....poor explorer

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Totally agree. Just get some insignias, those alone help to spruce the toys up a bit.

7. unclemarsellus

unclemarsellus Imaginaut

I love the reprolabels enhancements to the FansProject toys. I'm a G1 guy so I love the effort to try to recreate the G1 decals for the respective FansProject effort. The Ultra Magnus set is indispensible, if you ask me. Same with Springer though some of the decal placements aren't "transformation friendly." I don't have the Swindle/Blast-off set so I can't speak to them, but everything else I have is fantastic.

8. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    I bought the repro labels for the War Bot defender, and even then I didn't use EVERY sticker, just one or two.

9. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

I think the reprolabels go overboard sometimes, sometimes they are awesome. But I don't think a ton of stickers fit the asthetic of the classics line. I am looking into making a single sheet of stickers for the FP toys and all the customs I do, like classics clamp down and deep cover. Hopefully the place I have been in contact with will be making me the obscure stickers reprolabels doesn't like greatshot and galaxy shuttle. But To answer your question for fansproject I think the stickers are overkill.

10. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I have a couple sheets of e-Hobby faction symbols that I used for my G3 and City Commander sets. Those are all I really want on them that isn't there already.

11. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love reprolabels, but mostly just for G1 figures and stuff that had stickers originally. The only thing I've used on Fansproject stuff so far is a faction symbol on Defender and I'll put some on City Commander eventually. The stickers tend to be really bright and glossy and on a figure like Defender with the flat, subdued colors they just stick out too much.

12. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

yay. I like their products.

13. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

I think that a lot of the Reprolabels sets are a little too retro and ol' skool looking for the more modern figures. I have put Reprolabels faction symbols on City Commander, Defender, G3 Trailer, and Explorer and Munitioner. But that's about it.

14. Trek

Trek Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got the labels for both Warbot Defender and the Magnus Armour and in both cases they really make the figure. Well worth it.

15. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    heh, funny. I literally JUST got my labels for Munitioner and Explorer. I love what they do, but I only plan on using a few here and there. There's so much detail in the FP toys that the stickers would, in some cases, completely cover some of that beautiful molding.