Fansproject Protector & Sidearm

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by Vangelus, Dec 9, 2010.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I'd be interested to see Sidearm shown with any Character who had a Targetmaster such as a G1 Targetmaster like Pointblank or Scourge.

And with Modern Scourge and Generations Blurr or Energon Slugslinger too.

Perhaps Fan Pro's might make as red and grey repaint or a reverse color one.

I can see how that mold would look rather neat with all sorts of things especially anything with black or grey in it's coloring - glancing at my shelf Universe Treadbolt or Botcon Flak seems like a good bet.

I think one of the add on companies should make modern versions of the Actionmaster Companions/accessories sometime. would be a great accessory for (either) Banzaitron, RTS Jazz, Superlink Laserwave, or Soundwave.

Or even Devastator.... but Re Jazz's Skateboard I guess there's an approrpiately scaled toy one someplace he could borrow.

One final thought I'd like to see how or if Ninja or other work with this Rodimus - like does he have a spare screw hole to plug them on to ?

2. Hippie Trooper

Hippie Trooper Costumer

Ebay:
    Where does he get those wonderful toys (so early)?

[​IMG]

LOL! Great review! Got an "order update" email telling me my status is processing. I cant have mine 'till Christmas, I just hope it gets here before then!
    Later

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Another fantastic review Vaneglus.

I love City and Shadow Commanders. I really like Warbot. However I'm not feeling Protector at all. It's not The Chunk, which is an aesthetic I dig, it just feels off.

4. dare

dare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't get the Roddy Prime head onto my Classics Hotrod properly. It gets stuck at the earmuff bits. is this normal?

[​IMG]

5. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For anyone who wants to know what's the 'secret item' is, pls check out Daelite20's text & pics review of it on the feedback sub forum.

He posted some pixs of it.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    One add-on kit I'm seriously considering.

It is pretty nifty.

7. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It doesn't go down all the way. Watch Vangelous's review. He goes into detail about the head.

8. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Fortress Maximus!

News Credits:
    Vangelus = genius. :D 
    Anyway...sucking up wont do me any good if you don't sell ti to me! ;) 
    Awesome, gonna pick it up ASAP.

9. dare

dare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK I've found a way to make it look a weee bit better on all aspects. Give the Protector face a light tug and the whole face actually slides out.

I've chosen to *not* insert the face all the way in. This helps hide Hot Rod's real chin behind the helmet, and it gives Rodimus a bit of a browline above his eyes, which REALLY make him look more like an actual Transformer. In my book, anyway. Was never a fan of the "eyes must touch the helmet" sculpts favoured by FP.

Attached Files:

10. Hobbes-timus Prime

Hobbes-timus Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That does look nice. Does it need to be pushed back up to go back into Trailer mode, or can the face stay like that indefinitely?

11. dare

dare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Indefinate. :) 

There's a lot of allowance in trailer mode for the head so it'll allow for even extensive modding or a 4th party attempt. They just gotta create a new piece where the back of the head that slides into the cavity in the chest piece remains the same.

12. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice find! Shortly after exporting the vid I'd found that the face could come out (recalled the Shadow Scyther solicit's extra face), but I only tried the faceplateless helmet and it looked pretty doofy. :lol 

13. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

I'm surprised he didn't mention Hasbro is re-releasing Rodimus in the Americas in deliberately super-saturated colors that blend with nothing in this set!

14. Napalm

Napalm Sins Of The Manfish TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That was another fantastic review and another victory for FansProject.
    You are the daddy.

15. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey Vangelus, that was probably the best toy review i've ever seen. I'm dying for this figure now.

Quick question: how well do the arm attachements hold to the Rodimus figure? If there was anything that looked sketchy about the figure, it was that. Are they extremely secure or do you see them falling off after a while?

16. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    The arms very secure..Im surprise how well there attach and the legs also...

17. SLAYERBOT13

SLAYERBOT13 MASTER OF DESTRUCTION

I talked to someone today that works at tfsource they said since toyarena got the set already and they are in california they usually get their stock within a week from them. Since they are in minneopolis minnesota. So all u guys that pre ordered should have them soon like myself. I can see sidearm selling out super quick and being a hard to find item since u dont have to use him with just rodimus.

18. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    QFT. This. Period /thread.

Oh, and good job Mr Reviewer/Internet Persona. I'm really starting to look forward lately to Vangelus' and Peaugh's reviews when they come out. I do however miss some of the others that were starting to get better at the various aspects of video reviewing. It makes it the best in collector reporting.

19. conleyh2006

conleyh2006 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    cant wait to get mine also cant wait to get mp rodimus they are going to look awesome and both have lots of playability

20. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Indeed, the limb connections feel fairly solid on my copy of the figure.

Something else I'm gonna be adding to the follow-up vid: Sidearm's handles are oval-shaped and not circular, which prevented sufficient friction to allow HFTD Tomahawk to use him. Mostly confirms that Sidearm's a dude that needs to be tested on a case-by-case basis. Classics Prime, Universe Cyclonus, and Universe Galvatron all had no problem I can recall in holding him.