Fansproject petition: Beet Papil

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by LethalWhip, Jul 11, 2011.

1. LethalWhip

LethalWhip Cybertronian Courier

The classic Insecticons and Deluxe Insecticons were some of my favorite G1 toys. Now that Fansproject has Causality CA-03 Thundershred, CA-04 Stormbomb, & CA-05 Backfiery in production with this summer 2011 as release dates, who's with me in suggesting a Beetra's Beet-Papil inspired Causality figure. She's got quite a few things going for her, A. She's a she, B. She was never produced, C. She's another insect based robot, D. A Nemesis repaint could be made with black wings with red spots

If you're for it, send a suggestion to the guys over at the Fansproject website.

2. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    You... might wanna provide some background on this? Because I haven't a clue what you're talking about.

3. Strarf

Strarf Crystal Convoy no more TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  4. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

actual toy

5. badlander86

badlander86 Expendable Tactician

That's going to be a hard thing for Fansproject to do as a last minute addition to the Causality line. If anything, the Not-Insecticons are going to be released with new paint apps and one or two new headsculpts. An entirely new mold like this will take them the better half of a year to plan out much less deliver on.

Nice idea though.

6. LethalWhip

LethalWhip Cybertronian Courier

Sorry, I took it for granted that most readers might know about the "pre-Transformers" toyline, "Beetras", that was used to make the deluxe Insecticons. I think the designs that Hasbro used from that line are awesome. It would be very cool for this missing figure to be updated. (Well I don't know if it would count as an update since she was never made)

Even if it did take Fansproject a year or so to get her out I think she is the perfect "missing" deluxe Insecticon. Is that ladybug an actual convertor or is it a straight-up kitbash? I've thought a kitbash of a female Gundam and Beast Machines Black Arachnia might produce something close to the original design art.

7. badlander86

badlander86 Expendable Tactician

I think of the costs it would take for them to design something faithful enough to the original design without them getting sued in the process is one of the main challenges for the Fansproject guys to pull this off.

Moreover, I can't see the possible repaints this design can give them.

As for the Kitbashing, I'm sure with the more...skinny features of either Gundam or Evangelion, a person could make a decent custom job but it loses its charm without the transformation.

8. sh002

sh002 Banned

nice idea but i don't think that one character is popular enough. i could imagine the other deluxe insecticons possibly be made/repainted.