Fansproject LER-08 Beastructor

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Scaleface, Jul 19, 2015.

1. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    I want Monstructor and shells. Bring it on.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm the exact opposite. I don't want the shells at all, but if they come packed with the shells and the associated price point, then I'll be out.

3. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    Same here. Don't get me wrong I like Dinoking, but I'm waiting for Monstructor. Little two expensive for me to doubledip

4. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    Did this ever get released, still in the works, or dead in the water?

5. TheGrognard

TheGrognard Well-Known Member

dead afaik

6. Strike Creamsicle

Strike Creamsicle Likes the G2 neon lights TFW2005 Supporter

arrrrrgh!

7. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Shame, for both fans and FP cos I really do think this would have sold better than dinoking, sure he was in a show but that was a long time ago and it wasn't that popular, monstructor has been in the comics a lot of late and I think that exposure would have resulted in sales.

• Like Like x 3
  8. kiyoshioni

kiyoshioni The Knife

At this point, I'd rather see MMC, TFC or UT take a crack at it

9. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Well-Known Member

I think they need to go ahead and make this monstructor he actually looks really good so far. Ill be so disappointed if it never happens. I had him as a kid and loved him. I dont really care for the shells although i had them too, just want the memory of the bot i used to build sooooooo many years ago.

10. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    At this rate, it'll never happen. As far as we know, FansProject is basically dead, despite what some people have said to the contrary about them taking a break or whatever.

Plus, from everything I've heard, this set was pretty average anyway. Someone will make a better one eventually, and it'll actually be worth buying. I swear, FansProject was almost as overrated as FansToys, and I owned (and still own) a bunch of their products, so I'm not talking out of my ass.

It's certainly a shame, but FansProject got to the point where they were sticking it to the fans more than they were making things for the fans, so I personally won't miss them.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

As I have said several times already, FP is not dead. As a matter of fact just recently had a meeting about certain projects. Just don't expect anything in 2017 is all.

As for this project, I am pretty sure this one is indeed not moving forward. I could be wrong tho, people do change their minds.

• Like Like x 4
  12. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Spence, I cannot put into words just how grateful we all are that you have taken the initiative to provide updates regarding FP.

Alas, that isn't the problem ...

At this point, FP needs to step up and SPEAK up for themselves. Many consumers and fans are starting to get desensitized (if they haven't completely already) with Fansproject due to their infernal mute stance. It has directly and indirectly shattered their credibility and the majority of us simply lost interest in the process. Some care enough to express their displeasure (even anger) towards them, others are simply moving on. I fear that by the time FP decides to get their gears rolling again it will be too late.

FP would go leagues far if one of their officials breaks their vow of silence, even if it's to say "Hey, we're taking a break. We'll get back to you in X time." However, Fansproject does not recognize it or refuses to acknowledge this.

As long as they officially keep quiet, they'll keep losing people.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 5
  13. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Just the person I was expecting to "correct" me.

Frankly, FansProject can stay "dormant" or whatever, for all I care. As far as I and many others are concerned, they're as good as dead. You can say otherwise a million times - that won't make a difference until they actually say something themselves.

Besides, their most recent offerings were pretty weak anyway. If they ever actually come back, they've got a lot to make up for, and a lot more to prove.

• Like Like x 3
  14. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In 2015 if Monstructor came out first I would have bought it. Today however, I think most fans only want Masterpiece Scale. So this would be a tougher sell. Unfortunately FansProject concentrated too much on the classics styled theme at a time when Masterpiece was taking off. I wish them the best with their future projects.

15. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

And why would I not correct you? You going around spouting hearsay does not make it truth either.

FP has never communicated with the fandom. I am unsure why you think that would change just because you feel it is owed to you or Anyone else.

It has been confirmed that I will attempt to work closer with FP over the next few months but to what capacity or extent is still unknown. So consider this your official stance from someone working with them, FP IS NOT DEAD!

I don't disagree with you but that is irrelevant to the matter at hand. FP is FP and that changing is unlikely. Process that how you wish, with anger, with a turn of the back, however you feel will make you feel better but unfortunately that does not change things.

Fpcore was a failure due to lack of communication. Plain and simple. There were so many good ideas and directions invested but when it came to needing answers they just never came. So....failure.

Will this hurt them long run, sure, of course it will. Is it a big issue with them? Seems it is fairly unimportant.

My suggestion to anyone who is so butthurt over this, move on, as many have. There is no point in focusing on negative energy or waisting time and effort being angry or unhappy about toys. It just is not worth it. Invest in a brand, invest in a product line, yeah it is a shame that things happened this way but at the end of the day, it is what it is. Complaining online is not going to change it, only make everyone feel worse.

Not trying to offend, just pointing out the truths. It is not worth the effort putting so much energy into hate.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  16. TCJJ

TCJJ 125% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    I never said you wouldn't correct me. I also never spread hearsay - I said they're basically dead as far as we, the fans, are concerned, and I stand by that.
    I'm just saying that we haven't had any proof that they're still operating, and saying "FP has never communicated with the fandom" only makes them sound worse. You're basically saying they have no PR presence and so we should care about what they may or may not be doing basically out of faith. I don't know about you but I'm not ready to just believe in a company. Show me some proof, then we can talk. There's no use in anyone being loyal to a company, especially one whom refuses to communicate with their consumers and has done so on multiple occasions.

And let's be real here, you've just said "I will attempt to work closer with FP over the next few months" which isn't a very confidence-building statement, followed by "but to what capacity or extent is still unknown", but then you go on to give an "official" statement, when you yourself make it sound like you're not in a position to give such a statement to begin with.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but you have to realise the position that both yourself and FansProject are in, and wishy-washy "statements" such as the one you just made don't really fill anyone with hope.

No one is butthurt though, but no one wants to be told time and time again that a company whom never really seemed to give a damn about their customers and certainly has an issue with communication (which absolutely is a big issue for them, especially today, so to say it is fairly unimportant is just plain wrong) should be believed in and that they're still alive and well, etc. People are allowed to be annoyed and complain, especially when a company says "look at this product we've made for you" and then they don't deliver (e.g. Snarl), and while I think brand loyalty is stupid, a company only ever obtains brand loyalty by being as consistent as possible.
    As far as I'm concerned, FansProject have burnt a lot of bridges with the fans, and it often just sounds like you're trying to damage control for them. They way I see it, if they actually gave a damn, they should speak out themselves. Let's be honest, no one cares if that's "not their thing" - it's what consumers expect these days. Companies have to adapt.

I honestly believe that most of your "truths" are just your opinions and don't really reflect the reality of a business and their consumer base, and that's not an attack on you, but as I said before, it often sounds like you're just out to do damage control for FansProject.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey @Spence, while you're working with them in the next few months, how's about you recommend they sell the monstructor molds/designs to Jin Bao so they can oversize it and actually release it?

• Like Like x 1
  18. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have been happy with my FP purchases including dinoking. The shells were way over priced and that was not good, but I still loved their donoking shells and all.

I personally HATE the MP scale and wish more companies would go the classics scale

• Like Like x 5
  19. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unfortunately, this is FP's downfall. For them, or anyone, to think it is irrelevant just further solidifies why FP is becoming extinct to many of us.

It's not a matter of will it. IT already has hurt them. To many, FP is already dead despite lacking the last nail in the coffin.

The point of toys is to be happy about them. The reason I stated what I did wasn't to come off as complaint, but a last ditch hope that someone official will read it and wake the heck up. Alas, it is as you said. FP is FP and they refuse to change.

Believe me, this was not a hate post. You haven't seen my hate posts. They're friggin legendary :lol  It was a message from a former fan that truly doesn't want to see FP go under (which many of us do not want to see them come to an end). But if they insist on self-imploding, they're all big boys, we're not going to hold their hands and beg them to stop.

I hear you will be working with them in the next couple of months. If true, please bring it to their attention that their current business paradigm (especially concerning communication) isn't working. If they wish for a change from our end, they have to make a change themselves.

Though I wouldn't call it hate. I too am not fond of MP scale figures. That FP did classic deluxe and voyager sized figs was (at the time) one of their few charms.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  20. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:

Except the fans have confirmation otherwise, right here. Stop assuming what most people think. You're wrong.