fansproject/maketoy talk

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by CVprowl, Jul 9, 2011.

1. deadinthewater

deadinthewater I like it here

I honestly agree with TJ on Bruticus. They don't need to make more figures to finish out Bruticus, sure the individual robots may be a little meh (I think they look fine), but the main draw was a greatly improved, more accurate Bruticus, which was accomplished.
    They had started with the Superion upgrade kit to improve ROTF Superion, and nobody ever guessed that there would be whole figures made by FP, and people didn't ask for figures. But seeing the popularity of it, they decided to take it a step further, and put the two guys missing from the Bruticus set in there, and that was it. They've moved on. However, seeing the popularity of Munitioner and Explorer, it isn't out of reason that they wouldn't go another step further to make a combiner besides Bruticus, like Defensor (which would be awesome!), Computron, or maybe even Predaking. But their work appears to be done on Bruticus, and with the not-insecticons and Heart Master on the horizon, we'll have to wait and see what's coming up from them.
    This is just my opinion, I respect that you have your own, but a good contradictory discussion is healthy every once in a while :D 

2. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

i just dont see enough logical reasons why people assume they are "finished" with bruticus and have "moved on" etc. these words keep coming up.

if they made the 3 other combaticons no doubt they would sell well. thats really all that matters. id like to see them really "finish" bruticus now. then "move on" to other combiner sets. 3rd party guys would all buy the new molds because they would be awesome. nuff said. i know very few of you would be able to pass them up because they would blow the current hasbro stuff out of the water.

even if they have other stuff to work on now, it doesnt mean they cant come back and do them in the near future.

its like munitioner and explorer got their foot in the door. now they can finish bruticus by upgrading the other 3 bots and then begin their DOMINATION of the combiner market by taking on the other combiners (minus devastator) including superion. :p 

its obvious now we will never get awesome combiner sets from hasbro. these third parties really have a fantastic oportunity.

3. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's not am assumption. Why the hell would they do two figures as an upgrade to an existing combiner with the intentions of making more figures to make all of those upgrade pieces null and void later?

Shit's done.

P.S. - I almost see how people feel with me and the want for an Energon Devy upgrade now... but at least it's a project that's never been done.

4. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I love my Bruticus. I think he's more then fine the way he is. I would totally buy a new Brawl and Vortex but I don't think they will happen. I just don't see FP going back and revisiting this project.

On a side note.... I just remembered Bruticus has shotguns because of FP... SHOTGUNS!! lol.

5. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    Says you... for now! I passed up on that Brut set on clearance for $15- because it just looked and feel cheap and another Hasbro's half-assed work. Needless to say, I only got the two from FP.

I wouldn't be surprise if FP follow through with the other 3 to accurately complete FP version of Brut.

6. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    "Hey fans. Nevermind the upgrades that we included to go with the Hasbro set, or the high prices that a lot of you had to obtain the Hasbro set that our kits was made for, because we've got these NEW bots now that you can purchase for an additional..."

Yea, no.

I would literally put a paycheck up against them doing this.

7. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy Well-Known Member

I don't think we'll see the rest of the team. The only one I dislike and it's not even that big of a deal is Brawl, the rest look fine. I'm more interested in their upcoming products , I much rather see them move onto other ideas. And really...saying they might come out with the other figures is like saying they might come out with better limbs for superior.

8. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Yeah, sure... I agree if we're ONLY talking about Bruticus. But he's not just one mode... he's a Transformer, so we're also talking about the Combaticons as a whole.

"Colossus" looks about as awesome as I could expect a Bruticus to look, but once you start dressing everything up to look like G1 reborn with the FP products, Hasbro's ROTF Brawl and Vortex don't quite fit in so much... the styling is different, and the robot modes are off-model just a bit too much.

Obviously we're talking about the finicky, geeky little details here... but what the hell, we just spent $100 on two tiny figures and add-on parts that match our childhood memories... so we're obviously geeks and the details do matter. ;) 

I'm not all bent out of shape over it. They still look cool. But I'm not perfectly satisfied either... Brawl at the very least desperately needs some kind of facelift and body work to live up to my expectations of him. FP did their part, but the quest continues. :) 

Yeah, I remember being thrilled when that Energon mold first got released. I think Remy's Transformers had a photo of him standing next to G1 Onslaught, and it made my day. Of course, we had different standards for G1 homages back in "those days"... heh.

I think he needs his distinctive backpack cannons and his faceplate. Otherwise, I think that Energon mold is pretty much just right.

What can I say? They COULD come back to the Energon Combaticons someday. But I don't think they will. We'll likely have to fend for ourselves on that count... gentlemen, start your Dremels! :) 

zmog

9. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Bruticus is DONE, he is fine as is, there is NO NEED to make replacement figures for the set.

guess what you do if you do make new figures, YOU RENDER EVERY SINGLE PIECE THAT IS USED TO COMBINE THEM USELESS!!!! it is pointless

10. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    No shit, and I also said I was fine with the way the other bots looked I don't know how many posts ago.

Stop arguing and debating people's opinions. You said what you thought and what you wanted earlier, and that's fine. Even people who've disagreed with you haven't given you any push back because it's jsut an opinion. Give people the same respect.

Don't bother. It's really falling on ears that aren't deaf, but don't want to hear it.

11. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    Rumor has it, FP might do the main body figure for Bruticus...

12. deadinthewater

deadinthewater I like it here

I find it odd how CVProwl believes that we wouldn't pass up releases of the other 3 combaticons if released. However, I literally can't, because I barely have enough spare cash to buy any transformer products, third-party or otherwise. Despite how much I love Bruticus, any more third party releases would make it harder for people like me that want to get a cool figure and still be able to eat as well. Right now, all of my spare money is now being saved up for FP's Heart Master, and that ain't much, 'cause I'm not exactly strapped with cash.
    And while it may not be a bad idea, it would screw over everyone who spent a good deal of money getting the Bruticus set for Colossus.

Anyways, healthy discussion has devolved into hateful arguing, so let's agree to disagree and move on to other things.

13. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

im just defending the position i feel to be correct. i hope no ones getting angry at me about it.

i have never had it in hand, and my munitioner and explorer are on the way, but im just assuming those two bots could be easily incorporated with 3 new fp bots to make the awesome combaticons set i (and some others) want.

i admit bruticus looks pretty good as is. but a proper onslaught, vortex, and brawl would make it awesome. and i know i keep saying this (and others keep saying the opposite) but the individual bots just look out of place next to fp's munitioner and explorer.

...aaaaand if you say you never display them in solo bot mode, why not? is it because they dont look very good? i like taking out and putting away my different collections as way to relax/wind down, so i would def display both as bot and combiner modes. thats what ill do with my tfc hercules as well.

14. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

i understand if you dont have the cash, but plenty of people do.

15. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

take the anger out of the thread guys, were still talking about toys right?

16. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

really? or are you kidding. makes sense to me (obviously) and if this is true, how much farther is it to make a new brawl (the worst of them) and vortex?

17. CVprowl

CVprowl Done

and i do understand people who overpaid for the old hasbro set to make the bruticus when munitioner and explorer were orginally released could be upset at fp, but it wouldnt be the first time a company did something to make money that upset some people and made others happy. check the recent "last shot" prime threads for a recent example.

you did enjoy your bruticus this whole time (years?) while others didnt pay for that and went bruticusless.

18. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll let my sig tell you how I feel about that.

19. Hikuro

Hikuro Matrix Bearer

Ebay:
    No problems with Bruticus as is imo. I'm looking forward though to the trailer/armor upgrade for the RTS Optimus prime. It'd be really nice to know if it'll have a winter release just like Protector did. That would really make my christmas.

20. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    You have nothing to defend because no one's calling you wrong or arguing your opinion. you're being paranoid.

You want three more Bruticus bots. We get it. Paragraphs and rants don't make it any more or less likely to happen.

I'm one of those people where, even if I don't see the point of something, I can be happy for it being released because it'd make other collectors happy.