Fansproject Glacialbot Combiner

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by ORIO, May 11, 2010.

1. gnguye3

gnguye3 Well-Known Member

Life ragrats man... I wish I thought of that. I saw it and it didn't occurred to me. $50 is a great deal.

2. koonfasa

koonfasa Well-Known Member

Sheet, why didn't I think of that! I was prolly thinking of saving for the things to come, or saw something else I got more interested.

Still, wouldn't mind another third party to rip this off in some way just to complete the circle.

3. hypno

hypno Well-Known Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Here's a couple of pics.

• Like Like x 8
  4. delta7890

delta7890 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't suppose anyone happens to have the stickerbook for these guys and would like to get rid of it? I'd love to have it.

5. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So there was a box set at TFcon Canada 2018?

Screenshot_20180719-123058.png

• Like Like x 4
  6. MasterScale

MasterScale Loose, comes with baggage...

Here's to hoping that Fansproject starts this line up again, now that they seem to be re-invigorating. :)  Still wondering why I didn't buy this from The Chosen Prime when they had the whole set for $140 back in December :oops: 

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Chugify this guy, FP.

• Like Like x 4
  8. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    I always liked this set but wasn't a huge fan of the pink and red. Wish the box set would have been a recolor.

9. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Unless there's some sort of insanely good marketing to bring in real support, then this needs to stay dead. As much as people said all of the right things on places like this, not many bought them at all.

• Like Like x 1
  10. siccoyote

siccoyote Worst side of the fandom

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well this thread being ressurected has resulted in me just buying one, against my better judgement which I've been holding at bay for 5 years.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Unfortunately it doesn't help their retail fate going so poorly that stores literally gave the parts away

12. Turbine027

Turbine027 Boys or Toys? BOTH!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Still love mine!!

246AB9DE-7DA0-4C60-95D5-E6BDC97D6F2F.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  13. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One of these days I hope to actually be able to get a Megazero to complete my toy's combination.

I wonder if all the stickers are on sheets ? or if they are still partially applying them - even in the girft sets ?

Oh and a crafty 3rd party or KO maker would issue those Dinobot combiners in the proper colours and with all the accessories in a vintage giftset style - I bet that would go down really well.

14. MasterScale

Thanks. :rolleyes:  And why does it need to stay dead? I simply made a statement about what I hope for, and I've never understood why more people seem to want to shoot such statments down rather than build on mutual interests.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's got a re-release so it's worth of discussion me thinks.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    You're welcome. :rolleyes: 

How'd you quote me and not read what was written. When I wrote "Unless ______," it laid out the criteria to which I'd be more than happy to see it come back. I bought when it release and still own and dig it now however I like Fansproject as a whole a lot more and take their prosperity as a company into more account than things I simply think are cool because I don't get cool stuff from them if they bury themselves.

On a public forum...

... which leaves you open to responses in both agreement and disagreement with what you've posted.

• Like Like x 2
  17. MasterScale

You never said that you'd be more than happy to see it come back in the post in question, you just said "Unless there's some sort of insanely good marketing to bring in real support, then this needs to stay dead."

To answere your question: "How'd you quote me and not read what was written." - I did read your comment, and you never said: "I'd be more than happy to see it come back. I bought when it release and still own and dig it now however I like Fansproject as a whole a lot more and take their prosperity as a company into more account than things I simply think are cool because I don't get cool stuff from them if they bury themselves." in your prior post.

As far as the pucblic forum thing is concerned, I don't quote messages that I disagree with (unless someone quotes me to be contradictive first) just to disagree with it, because I'd generally spend my time on things that I enjoy rather than disagree with. Hence me saying; "I've never understood why more people seem to want to shoot such statments down rather than build on mutual interests."

18. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    I never said I did.

So you read my comment which answered what it would take for me to not want it to stay dead and asked why I want it to simply stay dead? Ok then.

It's called conversation; if you only converse with those you disagree with then that's more than fine but that's your personal preference, however others prefer a more diverse engagement. Neither is right nor wrong or worth discussing as if they are. Mutual perspective comes FROM talking through different perspectives rather than just avoiding those with them. I think it's great that you like these (and I like them too,) but as stated my point of view comes more from a business concern than personal bias.

----------------------------------------------

You can take last word on the above buy I'm going to get back to Glacial Lord -

Do you guys remember when it was teased that the combiners would actually combine WITH each other for some super, mega, sdkjbasdghbjkgsa? If this were to come back I think that'd be a pretty big selling point as that thing would be damned huge.

• Like Like x 2
  19. MasterScale

Hey, man, I pm'd you (courteous and friendly, promise!) if you want to respond.

"It's called conversation; if you only converse with those you disagree with then that's more than fine but that's your personal preference, however others prefer a more diverse engagement. Neither is right nor wrong or worth discussing as if they are. Mutual perspective comes FROM talking through different perspectives rather than just avoiding those with them. I think it's great that you like these (and I like them too,) but as stated my point of view comes more from a business concern than personal bias."

That I can appreciate.

20. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

I would have love to bought this, it's super tempting but I don't do G1 combiners. I would be interested in a CHUG version though, but I think the G1-ness is what hurt this set more then anything, It's a niche in a niche in a niche collectors market. Still, sad that this didn't sell more. It's pretty awesome, I just wish I collected G1 combiners so I could get one. :/

• Like Like x 3