FansProject G3 Trailer Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by Vangelus, Aug 23, 2009.

1. the unacronner

the unacronner Well-Known Member

whoa, that's pretty fuckin bad ass.....pardon my french I mean it's neato

2. sentinal prime

sentinal prime Well-Known Member

so what it's another toy like the ultra magnus upgrade kit where you spend a lot of money and get no prime or ultra magnus for the the money and no prime toy it not worth the cost because not everyone got a prime toy like me so i feel it a waste .

3. skywarp-2

skywarp-2 Master of Teleportation

Ebay:
    excellent review by Vangelus!! :bowdown: 

you guys gotta love that canuck accent! LOL (AbOuwt) :thumbs2: 

anyways..

After extensive review by Vangelus, I have concluded 2 things about the FP trailer..

1. It is awesome to the extreme!!! and sets the Bar for any Optimus Prime trailers to come.. the quality is top notch..

2. the only issue is the weather vein on classics prime, it does kinda make the trailer addition seem like it is not doing what it should in real life..plus the classics prime is so small compared to the trailer..which is how it was in G-1. However, after seeing the trailer, the powered commander add on, and all of it together, I think that it looks like that Prime has got tons of weight to pull, and makes his truck cab seem very small and weak comparatively..

I suppose this is the way Hasbro had envisioned the Henkei/Classics Prime..and since they had no consideration for making this figure come with a trailer, the Henkei/classics Optimus Prime reflects that..what kinda sucks is that if you look at the whole thing together and once you get passed the awesomeness of the Optimus Prime, G3 trailer, and Powered/DIA commander add on, you start to feel like the whole thing is out of whack, like the classics Optimus Prime should be larger, or a new weather vein for the semi truck should be added to make the figure look more like it is aerodynamic and a bit larger to handle the payload..

My final analysis:

The Fansproject G3 trailer is amazing! It is a great set, has tons of Options and the whole thing just screams perfection..I love it! Now the only problem I have with it is that Classics/Henkei Prime should have a new weather vein for his truck cab.. this could easily be done by a 3rd party.. a weather vein that slides over the existing one, and maybe when in bot mode becomes Classics Optimus Prime's Jet pack.. maybe the backpack could also be compatible with the FP Powered Commander Armor as well as simple classics/Henkei Prime..that would work and it seems like that one piece of extras is about the only thing missing from the entire 3rd party add ons..

in either case, I need to buy a proper Classics/Henkei Optimus Prime G-1 styled gun..

I would hate to suggest this... and I know it seems like blasphemy, but if you took the 3rd party mini Masterpiece Prime and used it for display with this trailer and powered commander armor, it would look a bit better considering the scale of the mini masterpiece Optimus Prime in truck mode..

But I would rather hope that a new 3rd party weather vein/jet pack is in the works some day..

4. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like to see what one of these trailers looks like with the Autobot sticker attached.
    What color background would the sticker look best with? Silver, Mirrored, White or Clear??

5. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I had never even considered buying the trailer.

And I now I want it desperately. :mad 

6. AutobotJazz4

AutobotJazz4 Care to rock this board?

News Credits:
    LOVE this Video... Oh... dude, I mean the guy who's made this... your voice is excellent for TV. Are you going to be a presentator?

7. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    God Vangelus is the best video reviewer on this site.

I fucking love his voice.

8. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice review as always, still on the fence about it, I know I will just use it once and then it will just sit there....

9. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I will be minus $80 in my account very soon.

10. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Wow Vang, that's gotta be one of the best video reviews ever. Well done! The product looks nice too.

11. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Bought!

12. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

I took the plunge as of 5 minutes ago! I can't wait to get mine!

13. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

Looks nice, but is useless IMO.

14. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    That trailer is something sick.

I like this guys reviews also. Yeah, it was long, but he goes over the stuff that matters and presents it better than most around. The quirklu annotations lighten it up as well

15. billmoo

billmoo aka zynordar TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    God damn you Vangelus! HOW MUCH IS FANSPROJECT PAYING YOU

/bought

16. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    Very funny!

17. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I have to add: The piece that comes off of the box if you want to display the cab in there... Brilliant!

18. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

News Credits:
    so ya...if I had not already shelled out the cash this weekend after reading a glorious review...this video would have convinced me immediately that the price was worth it. I have to say, Fansproject makes quality stuff, I have NO complaints so far. I was not a fan of the BTS version as it has some weird aesthetics. This version, however, works so well for the Classics look.

I think my biggest need out of this item is ROLLER!!! I never had Prime as a kid and for some reason I always wanted a Roller too (for such a minor character he has a HUGE following). This version of Roller is very nice and the spring loaded feature is basically what sold me. Everything else is just extra...$80 for Roller...I won't lie, I'd do it again in a heart beat.

19. Tman978

Tman978 CHILL REVIEWER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This was the most ultimate video review I've ever witnessed. It was borderline a real infomercial. Fun, entertaining & professional! :bay 

20. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I really think this review is the best video review I've seen. It's written well, it's spoken well, and everything showcasing the toy is nicely done. I really think that many reviewers could learn a LOT from this one.

I'm really regretting that I don't have the money to spend out for one of these. I do hope that Fansproject makes enough so that the demand can be met and there is still a little bit of surplus left over so that people like me can get one later. I've always foreseen this trailer doing just as well as the City Commander trailer (which is why I'm regretting right now not being able to get one).

I personally think the - Commander hitch is pretty irrelevant. Neither City Commander or Powered Commander would make sense attaching to this trailer, unless it was similar of MtMtE Huffer towing Prime's trailer for him due to battle damage. Ultra Magnus and Powered Convoy won't have that problem to ever deal with :)  I do think it's a nice touch for Fansproject and their work though. Like Vangelus said, it's a nice bookend to all of their work thus far with the Prime mold. I know there aren't many people out there customizing the Prime mold into a BLUE Powered Convoy cab, but folks that's what the Powered Commander trailer goes to, not Prime.

Aside from that, I don't see a thing about this trailer that isn't just awesome. I really hope I can get one :)