FansProject G3 Trailer Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by Vangelus, Aug 23, 2009.

1. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    can't wait for mine to ship

2. justamaze

justamaze Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Great, entertaining review Vangelus. I'm almost sold on this. I have City commander and will be getting Protector. I really only want this for the trailer mode, forget all the other stuff. Optimus needs a trailer and cover up that HOTROD.

3. Fago

Fago Encore enthusiast

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, this was not the first video review. There was another one on youtube, but it just sucked too bad. So, this is the first newsworthy review ;) 

Anyway, I don't have much to add; I already have this guy in my BBTS Pile of Loot waiting for some other stuff to justify the shipping price all the way here... I think the only point against buying would be the price. All Fansprojects are just top notch in design and plastic quality. Unfortunately for my finance, I have long passed the point in which I cared much for a TF price, as long as I really want it...

Having that said, I just need to thank Vangelus for the excellent review. You are so much fun! Sorry Peaugh and the other regulars, but Vangelus is the best video reviewer ever.

4. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime Eat 'em up, eat 'em up, eat 'em up.

News Credits:
    Crap, now that I've seen all the gimmicks, i want this. Additionally, I can sit around and make Vangelus impersonations while spinning it around on my desk.

5. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

I addressed this as a comment in Vangelus' video answering some question about the reviewer's own video quality and what-not. Anyway, I guess it begs to be brought up here as well.

I don't think it's any bit fair to even try to compare Vangelus' reviews to Peaugh's. They just have two widely contrasting styles. With Peaugh you mostly get a no-nonsence straight review of a figure done in one take the whole way through. Vangelus' reviews contain a lot of play and humor in them alongside the review done with a fair bit of cinematics with the editing and whatnot. I'll continue to stress that one is not in any way better than the other and that I enjoy videos from the both of them equally. Just as much, I take both of their opinions (read: the review) to be just as valid as the other.

They both simply go about the same means through different methods.

6. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah I appreciate the sentiment of the comment in question and all, but TBH I personally feel that Peaugh and myself (and others!) are sort of apples to lemons as far as styles and goals go. And this isn't a bad thing!

Avoiding an off-topic ramble but- it's really only a good thing that there isn't a single pinnacle method of reviewing (video, written, pictures, and all styles therein), and instead a decent variety, as that means there's a good chance of something being out there that suits one's tastes when other things don't. :D 

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  7. UltraPrimal

UltraPrimal YouTuber (she/they)‍️‍

News Credits:
    I hate stickers. But it looks so good with them on. Vangelus, can you please apply mine for me? Thanks!

Also, I think Prime looks cute sitting behind the big drone cannon turret thing.

8. icefox

icefox Black GFC

You need to take the plastic off of your mirage box. It looks much better after you do that.

9. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I did! D:

10. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Somebody loves talking just a little too much :lol 

all an all cool review even if it was just way too damned long.

I'm never gonna buy this thing but I'm sure many Gee-Wun folks are quite happy with there fanwanky stuff on this thing.

The only thing I love is that mirrored feature along with the shiny weapons :D 

not enough to buy it though, but enough to stare at it and admire it from a distance.

Cool review. even the goofy parts.

11. Xaxis

Xaxis Multi-dimensional Traveler

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Thanks for a great review, Vangelus!

Now hopefully I'll have some extra money soon and can get one of these!

12. Sixshot

Sixshot Jeff Goldbluman Group

News Credits:
    I usually don't watch video reviews, but I have to say, this one was great and entertaining. Nice work Vangelus. Can't wait 'til my trailer ships.

13. frilly toothpick

frilly toothpick Decepticrumb

wow, i didnt think the quality of the trailer would be so good. the weapons are top notch too. you sir, are my favorite toy reviewer.

14. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome toy. The stealth mode is something that actually I too thought up when writing my own Movie script (instead of Bayformers)... :)  Neat idea!

Few questions:

-Where can I pre-order it and how much does it cost?

- Are the chrome weapons shown inside the trailer part of the set or you have to buy those separately?

15. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The chrome weapons are all part of the set. Several of the big stores like BBTS, TFSource or Automaton Toys have had preorders up, but I'm not sure who still has them available.

16. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:
    If they are all as good, as this "one" (Fun, Informative...etc :D :lol  )

+1 :thumb 

as, i didn't find much that "was" Boring about this review. ;) 

17. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC Prime Suspect

Great review! (even the Mr. Subtitle had fewer than usual comments ;-) )

I'm glad I pre-ordered this one. For me the stealth gimmick is the key selling point, good thing the rest of the package has had the same attention to detail.

I usually don't display trailers, but this one can be used for all kinds of cool setups.

18. Stormcrow

Stormcrow Well-Known Member

Watch it. Study it. Take notes. THIS is how a a video review should be done.

19. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    ^ Seconded.

That was 17 minutes of video review that left me laughing. I've got to say along with Vangelus' review, a LOT of the video reviewers have improved over the last year or so with their review styles. Especially when you go back and compare to previous lines such as Energon reviews, etc.

I so wish I had the money right now to order this trailer. I think its totally worth the money.

20. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    The review about the FansProject G3 trailer for either Henkei or Classics Optimus Prime was both wildly entertaining and very informal. So you convince me...I'm getting this asap. Thanks Mr. Internet Personality, Vangelus.