FansProject G3 Trailer Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by EvaleSuperion, Aug 17, 2009.

1. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    Disappointed Hound's gun isn't a better version of his hologram projector. The one which came with the toy has issues...

Otherwise, very nice :) 

2. startah

startah Well-Known Member

Got mine Yesterday. im just at awe on the details the FP made! i can say one of the best Trailer that OP ever had!!

3. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got this today. It is awesome.

However, two things need to happen to make it better. First, reprolabels needs to work up a set of stickers for this bad boy. Second, another company needs to design some extras that utilize the pegs inside the trailer. Putting used chrome sprues inside of my Optimus trailer just is not going to happen. Not sure what Fansproject was thinking there, but those rows of little pegs are ripe for add-ons from other companies (perhaps even consoles that Legends figures could man like stations).

4. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah but at the same time it was perfect for me since I already upgraded his holoprojector by taking the good from classic and fitting it up with the G1 parts(missle and shoulder clip)

5. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    got mine today, i was impressed just by the weight of the box, spent the extra 15-20 mins with the toothpick on the #8 stickers, absolutely perfect. need to get some reprolabels for the outsides though

6. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  7. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Prices when down ten bucks on TFSource. I got mine at BBTS, but right now they're sold out. I haven't opened it yet, but I think this is so cool to pass up.

8. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Those silver frames in the trailer are a lot less interesting to me than leaving a flat surface you can stand thing on would be.

Or even consoles in that spot. - looks like both the BTS and Fansprojects Trailers both have design issues that make it hard to put things in the trailers.

9. Rahal Stmin

Rahal Stmin Bounty Hunter

Ebay:
    I can't get the stickers on the inside of the trailer to stay stuck, any tips?

10. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Vangelus' used a toothpick and alot of patience. Hope that helps you out.

11. Fast_Draw

Fast_Draw Pretender

News Credits:
    I just got this in yesterday from TFSource's eBay store. It was $80 shipped. This thing is awesome. The quality is top notch. A friend recommended it a while ago when I got my Nemesis Prime. I only got the Classics Prime 2 weeks ago and this is the perfect add-on. I need to get a Mirage and Hound eventually. I've got Sideswipe and the re-deco Bumblebee.

I've got the TRU Masterpiece Grimlock. Can anyone recommend any CHUG TFs that the sword would go well with? G2 Prime comes with a sword already. Did Thunderwing ever use a sword?

12. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hate to dig up this graveyard thread, but I just discovered this and it has me intrigued.

How does the color match to Classics vs. Henkei Prime? I would much prefer the Henkei Prime, but the blue is off. Is the Classic Prime an exact match? If so, I'd go Classic. If the CLassic isn't a perfect match either, I'd go Henkei.

Thanks.

13. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Go Henkei

G3 isn't chrome but the shiny gray matches better

Blues seem like a match to me

Yellow ok classics is out of place

I gotta say even with the good stuff we've gotten over the years this is still one of my favorite pieces. It's Fansproject at its best, cramming tons of features in an innovative way, with great build quality

I love the mirror mode, I love that it comes with chromed weapons, I love the trailer hitch

Ill never sell this thing, its why I keep a classic collection in addition to MP

14. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    I have Henkei Prime and it looks glorious, but I would imagine it works well either way. Such an awesome trailer. A must have for you any Classics mold of Prime, he gotsta have his trailer. :lol 

15. Optimus.Magnus

Optimus.Magnus Swingin' the chain

I just got this trailer today from BBTS. Everything looked fine until I got to the Stealth Mode. The instructions (and reviews) state that the mirrored surface is covered by an adhesive tape. There was none. The mirrors look like someone took a large wire brush and scratched every square inch.

Has anyone else encountered this?

16. CyclonuS_ZerO

CyclonuS_ZerO Uni-con

News Credits:
    Get with BBTS about this, they will send you another.

17. Electro Rush

Electro Rush Level Six Laser Lotus

I got mine in today. Classics voyager Prime was the toy that got me back into transformers and always lamented that Hasbro never made a trailer for it. Few years ago when I started getting into the third party scene I found out about this but never got around to getting it til now. Better late than never! I love this thing. I finally feel like my classics Prime is complete and I have it displayed in alt mode with his trailer finally attached. I love the stealth mode too, which was one of the appeals to me. The additional weapons are pretty cool too.

18. Optimus.Magnus

Optimus.Magnus Swingin' the chain

If anyone has this trailer, I highly recommend the TF4 AOE Evolution Prime to go with it, even over the Henkei version of Optimus' mold. Evolution Prime's chrome legs, yellow eyes, and overall classic G1 toy deco go great with the G3 trailer for a truly complete, re-imagined version of the G1 toy.

Also, if anyone is buying this trailer brand new via a retailer (such as BBTS), disregard my above post regarding scratches. The trailer comes packaged with protective tape over the Stealth Mode panels. In old reviews, the tape was blue; the new batch seems to be completely clear and transparent. I was lucky enough to have a BBTS rep help me figure this out.

19. LeakinLubricant

LeakinLubricant Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Zombie thread alert!

Does anybody have a photo of this with MakeToys Striker Manus?