FansProject D.I.A Powered Commander KO version coming?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Samus_Ng, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Samus_Ng

Samus_Ng Crazy over Revenge

News Credits:
  2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    not surprised once theirs a KO mould they were bound to pump these out.

3. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not sure why someone would want an inferior version of this when the original is still available. Also heard a rumour from asian boards that the KO makers for this have ties to another fan group.

4. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    Oh good, more knock offs of the City Commander mold.

I hope these saturate the market and drive prices down for all the variants about the place.

5. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

really not surprised just be careful on ebay i guess.

6. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If they weren't selling them for the same price as the originals i wouldn't have a problem picking one up, i have an original city commander set.

7. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed

News Credits:
    Considering they have the mold to keep producing any version of CC I'd expect them to keep doing so. If these people had any foresight they would at least start making different versions that Fan Projects haven't done. Just to beat them to the punch. Not that I'm a fan of this action and the QC of the KOs are horrible I just think if it did happen it would just be funny.

Still hoping for a CC kit for Crystal Convoy. :p 

8. ekocher

ekocher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is my dia commander safe? i got it from robotkingdom

9. NoLessThanAGod

NoLessThanAGod Lost in Looserville

News Credits:
    So what your saying is that someone made an unlicenced product, and then someone else decided to make copies of said product without the permission of the people who made the first unlicenced product? That my friends is ROFL.

10. Venksta

News Credits:
    I believe the news is that the DIA KO is on the way, not out yet. If you got a KO, just check out Fansproject.com and look at the comparison photos they put up for City Commander and Shadow Commander. That should help identify if you got a KO or not.

It was funny three months ago. Got old fast, since FansProject publicly stated they didn't care about KOs.

11. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    They have notices on their webpage asking people to report to them if they find somewhere selling the KO City Commander stuff to "make collecting safer".

12. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is D.I.A commander a limited production run like City, or are they making several like Shadow?

Cause if it is not limited then just only buy from safe sellers like TFsource and ect. Cause from my experience the stupid knock offs run for the same price as the real ones >.>

13. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    Why didn't they KO the Joker face Commander head?
    That seems to be a good place to start when dealing with products with distorted surface? Or the KO makers are chicken out by the difficulty on such premium product? (should be shame to call themselves Toy Workers for they are not making a toy afterall) I mean rather then using the original DIA color they could repaint the kit with green and white and throw in the joker head and call it Joker Commander or something like that. That way it is a totally different thing then just a direct copy of the original.
    Blah... I don't see these guys have any design, tools, and business skills after all when they decide to follow the others to KO the trailer line.
    Hopeless people.

14. Dran0n

Dran0n miss me w/ that

News Credits:
    !!!!!

15. caretaker27

caretaker27 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    imo if this KO company was smart they would find a way to make a KO classics prime in his powerd convoy blue and black colors. i'd buy a set to display, just as long as the paint wouldn't chip. as i don't see hasbro making that repaint anytime.

16. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Oooo.. that's an intriguing bit of info right there! Fan fight!!!

This is a good thing that the KO's are coming out for this figure. It'll force Fansproject to move on with their other products.

17. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    Probably the other way around. Rather then spending time in working on new projects, they will probably find other unrelated projects to work on instead of pushing out their own work.

But the timing for launching these KO is pretty odd. From auctioning the KO Shadow Commander to anouncement of the KO DIA the time frame is way too short. Everything happens within 6 months and all cases are pointing at recolored trailer sets and nothing else. If Venksta's source is right I bet there will be at least 1 sponser behind all these events. Mass producing all these plastic kits aren't like any school project. Either the recolored kits are from one manufacturer that supplies multiple retailers or it is a multi-location project that feeds certain area in the world at one time. I guess Fansproject got themselves a major hater somewhere on the globe that is trying to pull them down in business.

18. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Shadow Commander was also limited(1,000). It was half of the run of CC, which was 2,000, if I'm not mistaken.

19. Venksta

News Credits:
    Actually, it was sources.

The reason the real Shadow Commander is easy to find is because its not an in demand product, like City Commander.

20. lcz128

lcz128 DailyDurian

Uhm... if Fansproject are pushed OUT of business by this rampant KO'ing wouldn't that mean that we won't get to see their other products? :(