Fansproject Crossfire-03: Have they ever released any info on what it'll be?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Kuma Style, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I've definitely checked, and it's been months and months since it's been discussed it looks like, so, having gotten classics Devastator yesterday, I've really been not just wondering, but HOPING, that it'll be an upgrade kit for him, since that'd be the "natural progression" in the Crossfire line.

I did see though, plans to build a glacial combiner, but, I don't personally think that'll be part of the crossfire line, since I've noticed FP is extremely good about keeping a very strict "theme" when it comes to the toys in a figure line.

Anyways, looking at it, I don't really see "how" they'd go about fixing up devastator, but, I look forward to it: Even imagining a more G1 head mold on it gets me pumped! And, an articulated arm under that Scoop/shoulder pad? Win!

So, I dunno - What do you all think?

And, sorry if it's a played out conversation, but even looking through things, the previous convos on it looked too old to even feel right bumping. :-\

2. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I don't think FP has said anything official. People who are "in the know" have said (paraphrasing) that it is green, but not Devastator and made various comments suggesting it isn't an add-on. They also have made cryptic comments regarding beasts on the loose at the zoo...can't recall the exact wording. Essentially, we are still clueless. If I misrepresented or missed something I'm sure someone will come in and correct me

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I believe it was going to be their original zoo animal combiner, originally the glacial force concept, but I might be mistaken.

4. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Unless it is a museum or a prehistoric zoo, I've never thought that made sense

5. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

They have casual coming up. I think its a combiner. Its weird because it looks like 3 insecticon-ish bots combining with repainted munitioner sets.

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:

THis info is incorrect. Causality do not combine. We have seen the two repaints with the connectors capped. We have seen 3 insecticons, and I think it has been stated by an insider that they do not combine and there were still two more blank spots.

There was a list of FP's upcoming projects and Causality and Crossfire 03 where two seperate postings. As the first reply poster mentioned, The hints we have are it is green and it combines, it is not Devi because they are on good terms with TFC and are not stepping on any toes and it is not Glacialbots.

All in all we have extremely little info on Crossfire 03 to the point that, no we have no clue who it is.

7. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Well, that's fuckin' unfortunate if it's not Devastator, because, I don't think an add-on set to Classics Dev. and a Third party, ground up Devastator would even compete with each other. It's two completely different types of items.

And, with Causality... is the cap removable? Because, it's just the humvee that has it, and the Jet still has the chest holes to fit the combiner piece into.

All in all... dissapointed at the thought of no Devy upgrade: Makes me wanna' just sell the thing :( 

8. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They do compete with each other, in that they're going after the same customers who want a Devastator that's closer to the G1 version. Not everyone would have the cash to pay for both options.

That being said, I'd advise you to hold onto that Devastator set you bought. We really don't know if or when FansProject or some other company will put out an upgrade kit that will make the Classics Constructicons better resemble their G1 counterparts.

9. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I guess I'm being a bit more in depth with what I'm saying about them not directly competing with each other.

They're both Devastator, so yes: There's competition in the sense of each being an option.

However, an add-on set goes to a different market of people looking for a Devastator in the sense that they can only target people who have Classics Devastator. And, as much as it would look more like G1 Devastor, it would still have aspects that make it come off like classics, because that would be the base of it.

However, with the TFClub version, it'd be for the fan looking for something 100% spot on to the G1 version, albeit updated in many ways. Also, it'd like reach out to a fan base that's willing to pay a higher amount, and, depending on if the rumors are true, a group that's willing to risk getting each piece individually over time.

It's like a regular and Mandarin orange... both obviously oranges, but totally different tastes, and wouldn't sway a person from buying one just because they have the other.

10. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think a lot of people assumed that an add-on kit for Classics Devy was coming from Fansproject, but from all the rumors floating around, it sounds pretty bleak. I forgot who it was, but someone mentioned to me that it would be an "Abominus" combiner thingy. When I heard about the "glacial" rumor, I thought that made sense. Only time will tell though, and I bet no matter what it is, it will be pretty awesome.

As far as Classics Devy goes, with all the success of Fansproject, I have to believe that some 3rd party company should be working feverishly on making an upgrade for it. If no one makes one by the time the TFC Devy comes out, I bet Fansproject will make one after the "big Devy" sells out. At that point, competition or not, it will still sell like hotcakes. My 2 cents :2c: 

11. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Oh, I'm not saying you're wrong at all, Duckett. I'm saying some collectors would be forced to buy only one of the two options, because they can't afford both. That's where the competition between the two options come to play.

I mean, for your case, you actually went out and bought the Classics Constructicons, specifically so you can be ready if and when FansProject or some other group release an add-on for the toys you bought. Other people won't have the spare cash or time to hunt down this set, because they're either saving up for the TFClub version, or they don't have any decision on whether they should buy in the first place.

12. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Yea, I understand, but, at the same time, it's nice to at least have the option to make that choice. "Having" to buy something because it's the only option out bodes a whole lot better than makign the choice because you like it better.

But, the same case you stated for Classics Devastator and people having to go find it if they want the upgrade is the same one that could be said for superion and Bruticus, and look how popular those were. People still have to find those as well if they want to use the upgrade, and the upgrades sell like hot cakes. So, to me, it's pretty null and void, that point.

For me though, I'd understand if it was two 300 dollar figures or something, but if FP released an upgrade set, depending on how they go about it, I don't see it being outside of the 50-$80 range, while the TFClub Devastator looks like it will be between 3-$400. So, to say that people can't afford to buy both, for me, it's not really valid, because, if anything, the price of TFClubs Devastator will turn people off to buying it at ALL, even if it's the only option, and, most collectors that are shelling out that kind of money on one toy wouldn't mind shelling out whatever it is for the FP set as well, since it'd be marginally less.

... wow, long post, lol.

13. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still hope it'll be an upgrade for the classic Devy :) 

14. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Sir... I like the way you think! haha.

15. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:

16. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I hope they don't waste their time on that Devastator mold and do something completely new. Or if they really want to do Devastator then I'd want them to make something completely new. That Classics/Energon Devastator mold sucks.

17. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Once again, another thing that could be said for Bruticus and Superion as well. Both combiner molds "suck" but look great with the add-ons. In fact, out of the three, Devastator's the best combiner mold in terms of the way it looks on it's own.

And, in terms of them working on something new... what are you talking about? Look at everything that they've been releasing, and are releasing... how do you figure that a Devastator upgrade would impede on their production when it looks like they work on 20 things at a time as it is? Makes no sense man.

It's just like when a fighting game comes out and people say, "That character is a waste of space! Another character could've been put in that spot"... it's like no... said character wasn't there because they didn't wanna' put them there, and it's nothing to put an extra space on the character select screen.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  18. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Superion looks better but still looks like ass. Bruticus is a work of art but to me that mold was the best of the 3 Energon combiners.

I never said them working on a Devastator upgrade would impede their production. I just said it would be a waste of time. I just think FP is too good now to do upgrades. Why would they limit themselves by relying on a crappy mold? Wouldn't you rather see them do a Devastator from the ground up then have them work with the limitations the Energon mold presents? I'm sure they would rather do their own Devastator. Hell, I would have rather them do a completely new Rodimus then have that Protector add on.

19. sifu74

sifu74 Well-Known Member

To me if FP made a Devastator upgrade, they should just make all new molds and make money off of it. Not many people can afford the Classics Devastator that ebay is asking for. Around $200 I think? It would be like Shadow Scythe all over again, where only maybe 1000 people will have the Classics Dev set so FP will sell to limited collectors. Superion and Bruticus was still attainable and affordable when the FP addons was released.

20. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    1.) "Superion looks better but still looks like ass" - That's your opinion, which makes me scratch my head at you stating it like fact, but I'll humor you. The fact that even rereleasing the upgrade kits at double the original price still has them selling out hella fast should let you know that you're in the minority with that one.

2.) Wastes of time are things that don't sell, or don't have a demand to begin with. Fansproject has made their niche, and I can't think of one person who has Devastator who wouldn't snag the upgrade in a split second. And, in fact, there are tons of people who'd find a Devastator just FOR their upgrades.

3.) No, I don't want to see them do a Devastatore from the ground up: Reason being - TFclub is doing Devastator from the base up, and I'm fine with that. FP has built a niche in upgrading classics, and they do it exceedingly well. The one standalone figure they've made is Warbot, and it by far doesn't meet the epicness of their upgrades from the Commanders, to the Protector, the the Combiner upgrades.

Once again, you bring up another point that's already been proven by their previous work: The "limitations" of the energon mold... they haven't been limited by poor molds yet, and this being the one with the LEAST amount of "crap" to start with, isn't the one that I think they'd find as a stumper.

I just got Energon Bruticus and Classics devastator for $100 BIN shipped on ebay, so I dunno about all that. At the same time though, the Bruticus mold has shot up like crazy, and I don't see the new batch of crossfire-02 sets being in the stores long.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011