Fansproject Crossfire 02B MUNITIONER swindle

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by MechanovaKing, Jun 8, 2012.

1. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK I'm sick of how stupid tight Swindle is when transforming. I wanted fix that!...somehow...

Would clipping one of these tabs fix that?
    If so which one(s)?
    Or should i go about this another way?

jeEp

Attached Files:

2. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

Well, those are meant to hold the feet and legs in place. I wouldn't recommend cutting them. However, if you are set on cutting them, you need to clip both of them

3. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe sand it down a bit?

With the prices they're going for, even if you don't intend to sale, I'd just deal with it.

4. MechanovaKing

News Credits:
    YA
    'Just deal with it' is what i kept saying to myself since i got it when it came out.
    :S
    But you know what? It's my toy and I'm kind of annoyed I'm warry about transforming my transformer

The sanding is a better idea. thanks

5. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ya, I don't know if it'd be better to sand each tab evenly or just the top edge of each tab where it goes over.

6. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It might be best to just sand down whichever edge seems to be causing the issue. If the entire tab seems to stick too tightly, then I would suggest sanding each tab evenly. Or as evenly as possible. That way, it won't have too much of an appearance that its been modified (if done carefully).

7. MechanovaKing

News Credits:
    Ah yes...that the problem good sir. If i knew 100% where the problem was. I'd just do it myself right now. (I already decided to do it before posting after all)

But I'm not too sure where the problem is...which is why I'm asking.

8. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    All I can say is whatever route u go down be VERY careful he is not a cheap replacement atm. I myself have transformed mine once and don't remember this problem albeit though that was a long while back so can't remember, nonetheless mine is in combined mode and will stay like that for a while longer.

9. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hear ya. It always takes some kinda guess work. The way I would approach it is to go through the motions of transformation (for that part) and kinda see if its the whole tab or just part of it (if that's even possible). I have to admit, its easier said than done. Me personally, I wouldn't mess with it unless it really bothered me.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    mine isn't that bad to transform if i split the legs a bit first, less so than any movie figure

11. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

I would think rounding the corners off would help a lot. But which corners? That's a good question.

I'd be very interested in hearing/seeing how this turns out. It's a ballzy move man!

12. MechanovaKing

News Credits:
    Ballzy move. I don't know about that. Even if i cut off all the tab his legs a stife enough to stay in place.

Any ways I did get around to shaving off the tab on the side. All the way so now those tab are in fact only a slight bumps. The tab on the top are untouched. I'm so happy i did that. everything lines up just as well as it did and I don't have to deal with swindle to transform him, he just transforms.

13. Carpool

Carpool Well-Known Member

Biggest problem I have is in leg mode. That damned foot WILL NOT let go. It takes stressful finagling and wiggling to pop it off...all the while the bumper is threatening to tear away from its body forever ruining it!