FansProject Constructo Core at TFcon Chicago 2018

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Super_Megatron, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very much regretting not having a buddy grab one for me there. Especially since it was only $80. Hopefully I can get one down the line.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Everyday is Rusev Day TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    The full review for Fansproject's WB011 Constructo Core (Limited Edition) is up. Link in signature (if on mobile view switch to desktop or landscape mode to view signatures.)

[​IMG]

Per usual the review breaks it down but to give it a summary the deco in particular on this took me by surprise in-hand and I think that it handled both the mold itself and the additions that it brings spectacularly. Here are some pics from the gallery portion:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  4. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    The full review for Fansproject's WB011 Constructo Core (Limited Edition) is up. Link in signature (if on mobile view switch to desktop or landscape mode to view signatures.)

[​IMG]

Per usual the review breaks it down but to give it a summary the deco in particular on this took me by surprise in-hand and I think that it handled both the mold itself and the additions that it brings spectacularly. Here are some pics from the gallery portion:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  5. evilash3373

evilash3373 Well-Known Member

Would have been great, 5 years ago. Fansproject is concentrating too much on putting out greatest hits. They gonna drop something new at some point or are they all done?

• Like Like x 2
  6. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

They already have shown a proto for IDW Roller w/ Soleron at TFCon.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This version has never been released so it's more of a remix than a greatest hit IMO. Would be a greatest hit if it was a re-release of their Steelcore + Trailer. :lol 

For those vested in the Warbot line I think this would sell quite well as it would bring the line one step closer to completion (Severocore was a bit random and still missing Evil Defender but I think that boat has long sailed as the mold is super dated).

I for one would buy this... If he was for sale anywhere...

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    I actually like it a lot right now.

-------------------

I couldn't imagine being one of these companies because it's damned if you do, damned if you don't. If they went in a new direction it'd be, "What about Constructor Core?!?"... people (myself included) have asked for this for years since it was shown in the comics and now that it's here people are actually complaining that it is? I'm all for diversity in terms of opinion and preference, but this one makes absolutely no sense.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Pcm979

Pcm979 Some Guy

Well, if it's the same group of people who wanted it suddenly not wanting it, that'd make no sense. But if it's the people who never wanted it piping up now (because, for them, there was nothing to complain about until now) then it makes perfect sense.

It's still a damned if you do/damned if you don't situation, but at least it's a sensical one.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just want him available to order somewhere.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    The point is that there's always an opportunity cost with any decision made and there will always be a "could've been _________" when a character is released but anyone who's followed this company even at a half glance knows that this was a sought after and constantly requested release by quite a few even if they didn't personally want it so to complain as if it's an absurd decision doesn't make sense. It's one thing to say that you'd rather whoever have been done but making it out like this is just some random, out of the blue, redeco for no reason is odd.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Artereis

Artereis Well-Known Member

I think this might be my favorite version of the Steelcore mold. If he goes up for sale somewhere I might pick one up.

• Like Like x 1
  13. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Likes the G2 neon lights

great review @Kuma Style as always.

Hoping he goes up for sale somewhere - I want at least one to command my MT Yellow Giant team, but I'd probably buy two if I could.

• Like Like x 2
  14. HemanPrime

HemanPrime Well-Known Member

Hey man, thanks for the review. FYI, it's not a "sprayer" but rather a "welding-cutting torch". It would pretty much allow him to either cut metal or weld it together.

• Like Like x 2
  15. rodimusea

rodimusea Aspiring Primus

Ordered this from The Falcon Hangar, a store based in Singapore.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Hexatron

Hexatron Plastic crack junky

Seems kind of strange to have a PO for a figure that for all anyone knows is a single convention exclusive.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Honestly I just bought a third... this is honestly a piece taylor-made for troop building tbh. To the point where they could've and probably ahouldbe sold it in a two pack like riftshot and recoiler for $160 or something.

Hey thanks so much for that. I've been wanting to do some more shots with these and that at least gives me a start on the correct tool to look up for proper effects.

• Like Like x 2
  18. HemanPrime

HemanPrime Well-Known Member

Anytime man. They chose two very versatile pieces of equipment to give him. The excavator arm and bucket was a cool choice too. In real life you can remove the bucket (what you called the scoop) and add different attachments for different tasks. I'm happy with their choices.

• Like Like x 2
  19. deruberhanyok

deruberhanyok Likes the G2 neon lights

o.0

I just checked all the usual suspects and I don't see him for order anywhere, so I'm assuming this was a second-hand purchase? Really hoping that aftermarket prices aren't the only option.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    When it goes up for retail if it does I'm sure it'll be presented in a manner that no one can miss. I literally paid 10 bucks over retail cost plus ship from another con attendee who didn't want it so I'm more than fine with what I paid even if it went up for sale tomorrow.

This is really cool. I have a project coming to share this is going to help huge

• Like Like x 2