fansproject colossus shoulder block problem

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Oct 1, 2011.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

anyone else having this problem with their fansproject enhanced bruticus?

ive had both fansproject sets to upgrade my classics bruticus since christmas last year and over time have noticed that the right shoulder exstension blox/combiner port has loosened up over time when it comes to the right shoulder blox eig able to hold vortex as a right arm in any kind of position that would have the arm held out from the side of the body at the shoulder blox

anyways it eventually go to the point that i went through with a attmept to replace the shoulder block entirely

what i did is that i removed the 4 tiny screws that hold all the pieces of the shoulder block together which is made up of 5 pieces total

the shoulder block is made of of 2 pieces

the combiner socket port is one piece

the missile rack is one piece and the notch piece inside of the shoulder block is the final piece

turns out that notch piece had complete worn down flat from friction wear and tare over time

with these being lean times and my not wanting to waste 50 some bucks buying a extra explorer parts set just to replace a worn out shoulder block combiner port i decided to repair it on the cheap.

2. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

what i did is this

i took a jet limb from my classics airealbots superion combienr set since both jet limb figues have a very tight very loud ratchet jointed combiner socket port with a very strong grip on the combiner port socket hole where silverbolts lower arm mounted stud part locks into it

using a dremil i went and completely cut off all the bot mode kibble from the back bottom sides and top of the jet limb figures body leaving only the jet limb figures torso itself intact with the combienr socket shoulder parts.

i then went and completely salvaged the missile rack bottom snaded both shoulder block halfes down so that on ly the bottom framework part of the shoulder parts remained and glued it together around the missile rack bottom piece

i then glued that part into place on top of the jet libs torso where its head used to be

i then took the remaining part of the bruticus left shoulder block which has those two side flaps it uses to attach to the sides of vortex body in left arm limb mode

anyways i went and dremiled that shoulder part down flat on its underside bottom

i then applied a layer of sculpy over the jet limb torsos back and sanded it down flat level smooth then epoxy glued the bruticus left shoudler block with the two side flats onto the jet limb torsos back so that the jet limb torso instead serve as the combiner socket port and also can still serve as the missile pod for vortex's vehicle mode

3. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    This seems like a problem. You should probably send me your Bruticus sets and I promise I'll take a look at them. This might take some decades.

4. doctajones428

doctajones428 Well-Known Member

I don't understand a word of this or what you actually managed to do but that doesn't sound healthy for your expensive Bruticus

5. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

only other problems i have had over time with my fansproject bruticus upgrade sets is that i had to swap out the flaps on vortex left shoulder missile pod wth the ones on explorer/blastoffs right shoulderr block because the tab hoels on vortex shoudler blco kflaps had broken off over time from stress wear and tear and i also had to completely gut and remove the combiner socket port from munitioner/swindles backpack and replace it with a chest and combiner socket port salvaged from a a-10warthog limb from my classics superion maximus set

so far i even managed to give swindle a better set of wheels to replace the oens he lost when i replaced the combienr socket port in his backpack.

all together that has been 3 problems i have had with the colossus add on sets over the previous years time

6. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This thread needs some photos.

7. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

basicly i used the body/combiner socket port of a classicsa superion airealbot jet limb figure to replace the combiner socket port parts of bruticus left shoulder block and also salvaged the entire missile pod rack from bruticus left shoulder blcok as well.

it aint pretty to say the least and while it does give big brute a battle damaged make shift repair on the spot kind of semi battle damage loock the new shouldr blcok works like a charm and works properly in any kind of pose i put vortex in as bruticus left arm

8. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

oh no you dontt i aint that stupid nice try though

9. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And more punctuation.

10. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    so all i can gather here is that you cut up the shoulder and munitioner from your fp colossus, and now it doesn't work or look right? k

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    And yet if you did do that, we might actually understand what the heck you're talking about. Seriously, I don't even understand anything you wrote. You really do need to learn how to type better.

12. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    Lack of punctuation not withstanding, seems fairly straightforward:

His Collosus's shoulder got loose on the outward joint, so he took it apart to see what was inside. Then he took his Superion Maximus or whoever and took the outward shoulder joint from one of the combiner limbs that has a loud click and glued/epoxied it to the shoulder missile racks that are also used to grab on to the limb figures.

While it may not look pretty, it's a pretty impressive mod to give his Collosus some heavy click in the outward shoulder movement.

13. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The thing isn't being able to understand what he went for. It was the two posts, illegible grammar, and roundabout way of just getting to the point.

"I took the click joint out of a energon combiner and placed it in the shoulder piece." - That's really it.

And, it's not something that takes any kind of cutting or sanding. The shoulder piece screws apart, and well as the energon toys to get the other click joint out.

For all I know, English could be his second language, so more power to him, bu t that's even more reason to keep posts simple.

14. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had this problem too. the plastic in the ratcheting joint had worn down. I took both shoulder joints apart and swapped them round. Seems to have fixed it. Although my munitioners backpack part crumbled on me. Had to cannibalise an animated swindle to fix it. Definately not as sturdy and strong as thier other releases

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  15. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

actually i had to completely replacethe shoulder blox combnier socket port .

one thing i noticed while taking the airealbot figure apart is that the parts for the combiner socket portin side of the airealbots jet body actually have a thin layer of oil like fluid to coat and grease the parts.

possibly this was done to cut down on wear and tear friction between the teeth on the jet figures combiner socket port outer shell and the notch piece built inside of the jet figures body

to reair the shoulder blox for bruticus i used the white stealthjet limb figure
    ?slingshot? from classics superion maximus.

i removed the pins from the back and side s of the figures body.

i removed the head as well as the lower body halves with the legs and also the arms as well as the chest cockpit nosecone piece.

i then went and used a dremil with sanding piece attachment to remove all the unwanted kibble from the front back and sides of the jet figures torso.

salvaging the missle rack from the bruticus shoudler block missle pod i went and epoxy glued that into place on top of the jet figures body where its head once was.

i turned the shoulder blox piece with the flaps on it upside down and sanded all the plastic kibble off the bottom side of it leaving the flaps intact and stil lfunctional at the folding pin joint.

i then glued this part onto the back of the jet figures torso.

it still works properly as a shoudler blox and a combiner port and stil lcan serve as a missile pod as well

like i said it aint pretty but it gets the job done and it gives big brute a very strong and solidly well built ratchet joint for the ratcheting combiner socket port

does that read better now ?

16. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

when i was using the original damaged shoulder block to combine vortex with bruticus as his left arm vortex could not hold a pose in any kind of postion that would have the left arm posed straight out from the side of bruticus body. thisis why i went and made my attempt to repair bruticus's left shoulder block.

17. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

swindle went bad on you too man?

for me it was swindles cmbiner socket port in his backpack that did not ork right at first

it would hold a decent pose so long as i was careful in how i would pose bruticus through the left leg at the lower leg and knee joint but there was never really any kind of noticible click sound being made by the joint when i would fold it through its variouse positions.

i wound up having to completely dissasemble the backpack remove the combiner socket port and then cut out the two brace walls in the backpack that originally held the combiner socket port in place. these are the same walls that his rear wheels are steel pin attached to

using the upper body of a a-10 warthog from my superion maximus i removed all plastic kibble from the front back and sides top and bottom of the salvged upper body with combiner socket port.

i then sanded down the inside of swindles bracewall parts from his combiner socket port and then glued them into place on the sides of the a-10 warthog airealbots upper body then epoxy glued the whole theing into swindles backpack after using the dremil to make enough room in the backpack for swindles in vehicle mode to sit flat and level on all 4 tires.

the rear tires stick out only a slight bit more compared to swindles front tires but the ratchet jointed combiner socket port is built strong and solid and works like a charm. swindle has only minor superficial damage to the rear of his vehicle mode and its not even noticible from the from the front or sides or top of his vehicel mode so he came out a bit better then bruticus's left shoulder blcok did as repair jobs go

18. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Pics..?

19. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

heres what i have managed so far.

i have salvaged the grey colored folding parts from the side of classics superion silverbolts body where his shoulders plug into the sides of the body.

between the grey colored shoulder socket and the plug stud on silverbolts black shoulders they happen to form a set of 2 piece male plug stud/female O ring plug and connnect rotating joints

with bruticsus add on foot trailer parts i set one o ring up on top in a back center position so its set up on top of the foot trailer just in front and between the rear tail lights

while the other O ring is set up on the back of swindles vehicle mode in a center position over the trunk

also i have epoxy glued a plug stud onto the underside of each of my newly modifed missile pod shoulder blocks. so that one can be set up on the back of onsalughts extended trailer bed to serve asa rear mounted missile pod and the other pod can be set up on the back of swindles hummer for extra firepower

also i have salvaged a set a set of the in built missile batterys from each of energon shockblasts lower legs

basicly i cut them so that the shockwave parts are only as wide as the steel pin which holds the two parts together i also went and cut the bottom set of quad missiles off of each missile rack

i mounted onto the front of my classics bruticus maximus's vortex's lower legs just above vortex's feet so that in vehicle mode so that they double as a set of foldup radar scramblers with a single set of quad missile batteries set up beneath them

as a left arm for bruticus the add on parts can still slot into place properly over vortex lower legs and all the parts still slot and peg and hold together properly in all modes as well.

using the front parts of cybertron defense force scattershots lower armo mounted missile pods i cut them down to size and have set them up on that piece that folds out from the back of classics bruticus maximus's onslaughts lower leg so that in combiner mode the back of onslaughts lower legs srve as the frotn of bruticus legs with onslaughts missile batter feet forming additional missile pods instead on the back of bruticus upper legs.

basicly i am going for serious over kill weaponry wise i want my big brute to have as much in built weaponry built into all parts of him as possible or at least have that look in general