FansProject Classics Prime Trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by process, Jan 19, 2009.

1. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Not bad for a prototype. Guessing Roller resides in the trailer. Not liking either Classics OP trailer so far. Finished work might sway me however.

2. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    very cool.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Honestly? I prefer the other one. I don't want a G1 trailer for Classics Prime.
    I'll be waiting to see how this looks when it's finished (and how much it costs) before I decide if I want it or not.

4. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think the other trailer looks like poo. I like the G1ishness of this one.

Having got City Commander and Shadow Commander, looks like its a sure thing for the FP Op trailer.

Plus, it looks like Roller can transform, I'm not sure but the picture seems to show extra joins where none are necessary?

5. BurnZ

BurnZ Soundwave Superior...

News Credits:
    I like the ramp and the G1 style of this trailer compared to that half trailer thingy.

6. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Please pardon if this had been asked but isn't Classic Prime's trailer project being done by Besttoys in the first place? & now FansProject on another piece? Mm.. :confused: 

7. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, BTS.Toy (formerly called Best Toys) was the first to publicly announce online that they were releasing a Classics Prime trailer. A year ago, a photo surfaced showing a teaser image of a Classics Prime trailer by FansProject, before they gave themselves that name. That was the only indication they were planning a Classics Prime trailer until yesterday.

Comparing the photos BTS.Toy and FansProject have released of their trailers, it seems that BTS is further along with their version.

Here is the teaser image FansProject showed off at a fan event last year.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  8. Banshee

Banshee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I prefer this one's trailer mode. I really can't wait to see the finished product, since I was truly amazed by their Magnus trailer.

9. Kyle Chow

Kyle Chow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just as Venksta said, FansProject did show off their plan back in February last year. Plans for both City Commander and a Prime Trailer were first made public to the attendees of a February 2008 "party" held and reported online by the mainland China fan club TFClub (an entity that FP is independent of).

TFClub Party, February 2008

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So I'd guess FP has in fact been working on their Prime trailer for well over a year, probably delayed due to other works in their production schedule such as City Commander and Shadow Commander. Compared to FP's latest photos we can see that their design has evolved and changed a lot over the year. On the other hand, the other trailer shares a number of design elements similar to FP's earlier design, probably just a nice coincidence though.

A nice friendly competition between two fan kit makers. In the end, I think it'll be us fans who benefit the most. :wink: 

10. Kyle Chow

Kyle Chow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It looks to me FansProject has got their basic design and engineering done, before adding on surface details/sculpting on the panels later. Can't wait for them to release a more complete prototype with added details. I'm now a big fan after being pleased by the quality and QC of City Commander, and was pleasantly surprised by the improvements and fine-tunings added to Shadow Commander. They really went the extra mile. With this in mind, I can't wait to find out what sort of surprises and gimmicks are inside this new trailer. They already gave us a toy as complex and impressive as City Commander, so hopefully won't disappoint with this new one too. (Fingers crossed!)

11. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    damn why can't hasbro do cool stuff like this

12. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

Much better. I'd actually buy this.

13. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    So I see. many thanks to you guys (Venksta & Kyle Chow) for pointing me to the right direction. :thumbs2: 

Now only if that trailer can transform & merge with Prime.. *Being greedy* :lol