Fansproject Causality Repaints?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dominusveritas, Jul 2, 2011.

1. dominusveritas

dominusveritas Arizonacon™

News Credits:
    Am I the only one who would go for the three not-Insecticons repainted in the eHobby Insecticon Clone Army color scheme? I figure the likelihood is pretty slim but I'd totally jump on the chance for them.

2. CookSux

CookSux Infectious Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If anything, these guys will be repainted to the deluxe insecticons... they look more like them than the originals anyway

3. Agent-GHQ

Agent-GHQ Accept the unacceptable

Ebay:
    I totally agree. The deluxe insecticons would be a nice addition to the G1 homage. Slap a new coat of paint with new head sculpt is all FP has to do to milk this mold.

4. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    That's what I thought too. When I mentioned that to the FansProject rep at Botcon about that, he responded with, "Really?" and looked dumbfounded. Not coy, dumbfounded. So, who knows? It'd be cool but I could live without em if they didn't get made. Of course, they're likely to get used again in some fashion, right?

5. Timesynch

Timesynch Is a Bad Hombre!

News Credits:
    This may be wishful thinking since FansProject is known for putting their own stylized "anime" spin to their designs. I think they incorporated enough artistic differences to these molds as to distinguish themselves from their G1 counterparts without raising HasTak's ire than if they just did a direct copy of the characters (MakeToys could theoretically handle this and take the heat for it but it's doubtful).

What we may see instead are repaints of these figures as Barrage, Chop Shop, and Ransack (some fan made colorations of the character sheets into said repaints popped up a few weeks ago in past threads), similar to Munitioner becoming Warcry, and Explorer becoming Flameblast.

I really think these are already close enough to their G1 counterparts as they are (barring their stylized beefier looks). Just lose the ninja weapons, add some chrome guns and paint, maybe clear amber chests, and new custom heads (iGear or Shapeways perhaps?), and voila. Nothing a little (self) customizing can't fix.

6. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would totally be on top of Deluxe Insectcon repaint. Alas, poor Venom...

7. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    ^This. I love Mr. Venom.

8. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Someone did a photoshop of Kickback repainted as Venom and while it looked good, I wish they would make their own mold for Venom. Heck, do that and then make a black and purple version of him, too.

9. dominusveritas

dominusveritas Arizonacon™

News Credits:
    After taking a look at the deluxe insecticons, I'd have to agree this is more likely...and I'd be just as likely to jump on those as Insecticon Clone repaints!

As for Venom, I could see the repaint there, but I agree that he'd be better served with his own mold!

10. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Yeah, I'm guessing Deluxe insecticons is more likely, actually that is what I hope. I would be even more stoked for that than the purple/black trio.

11. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    will buy any repaints of any FP molds.