FansProject CA-09 Car Crash Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by archieboy, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Deadsled

Deadsled Energon Recovery

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

2. Eurobeatking

Eurobeatking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes the Menasor pic sold me too.I have the Toyarena option as well.

I was wondering what would be better,should I get the two now or wait till theyre all released?

3. fujikuro

fujikuro Well-Known Member

Heh, man, look at how cool he is! The toy is just fun. I sure as hell wouldn't wait!

[​IMG]

4. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I got my Car Crash and T-Bone today, and I goddamn love these guys!

I can identify T-Bone's alt mode...he's a Lamborghini Ankonian concept car...but I can't really ID Car Crash. I want to call him a Lamborghini Diablo or Gallardo, but although he's got the shape of 'em the details such as side vents and stuff aren't correct.

5. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Car Crash is the Aventador.

And don't let David Hingten hear you call the Ankonian a concept car...

6. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

OK, it's not just mine---see the gap at the left fender/rear bumper---almost none at the top, but getting bigger as you go down? While the right one is perfectly flush and vertical? Mine's just like that, but even a little more so. The fender kind of "twists" outward as you go down.

I've been trying my darndest but can't eliminate it. I've spent about 1.5 hours with the figure so far, and have only transformed the arms! My right one (left side of car) just would NOT fully retract until I opened it up and sanded down a slightly-too-long pin. Now it retracts even easier than the other one, but it won't really sit flush in car mode when viewed from the rear---like the pic above. (and it takes a lot of very careful finagling to get it flush when viewed from above---if the rear side window is pushed ALL the way in, the rear fender will pop out---the rear side window can only be like 95% of the way in) Still working on it--sanding here, fingernail-polishing there... (yes, I want the car mode to be abso-friggin-lutely perfect)

I was hoping to do some comparison pics with the G1 version tomorrow, but at this rate it may be a week before it's ready for the camera.

PS--Car Crash is the Reventon, not the Aventador. Just look at the intakes at the bottom of the doors and compare.

PPS----good news at least, mine has the correct thigh parts.

7. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    David: I'm having the exact same problem with Car Crash, except right out of the box. T-Bone is practically perfect, but Car Crash just have those little fit issues. It sucks because I really like Car Crash's lines, but the gaps kinda ruin it.

Also thanks for the car help! Both of these guys have sexy alt modes, but it's a shame that Car Crash has those issues.

8. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    OK, fully transformed him to car mode. Legs are 10x easier than the arms, on mine at least. The whole "pry apart the leg halves" thing? Feh. Barely have to do it at all, with little pressure. Again, collapsing the arms is way tougher, as is pegging the back half together.

Toughest thing of all so far---removing the smaller of the gun halves once it's fully pegged in. Took literally a quarter-hour+ of wiggling, tugging, and praying. Immediately sanded down the peg once I got it off, and now it's fine. (still very tight and takes wiggling, but it WILL come off without fear of snapping something)

9. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    I got an insignia on his upper chest, in the little spot inside the silver "U". Took some CAREFUL trimming, but it will fit and looks very nice--far better than any of the ab/waist sizes and locations I tried. Will have to wait until tomorrow at least for pics, I've learned I've just got to have natural light to get good pics of figures.

Have gone with a clear-backed one for the hood, but I just keep thinking about a silver-backed one. (trimmed closely around the symbol). The blood-red hood just doesn't contrast with the logo as well as the original G1's more orange-red.

Has anyone gone with a silver-backed logo on the hood?

::edit:: Ah well, here's a car-mode teaser pic, there was a literal ray of light from the sunset coming through, used it as best I could:
    [​IMG]

10. Eurobeatking

Eurobeatking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hoping I dont have those gap issues with either when I get them.

11. TruStarscreamer

TruStarscreamer Well-Known Member

This is one of my fave shots of this guy...while he is compared a lot to the current toy sizes...

[​IMG]

he fits right in to the G1 size class

12. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    I'm very surprised at the lack of G1 comparison pics---am I the only one with both CC and an original set of Stunticons? Anyways, here's a few---I can take better ones tomorrow if anyone wants, as real sunlight leads to better pics than my flash.

PS---my Breakdown is not yellowed. At all. Trust me. It's just impossible to get a camera to compensate for its weird color properly, it really screws with the white-balance, even with a reference. It looks more "yellow-brown" on camera than it does in real life. In real life, it is very pale orange. Yes, orange. He's not off-white, or cream, or ivory. He's like a hyper-pale orange-coral. Maybe natural sunlight will show his colors better, will try tomorrow.

Neutral standing pose:
    [​IMG]

Dynamic action gun-wielding pose:
    [​IMG]

Size and color comparisons:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (please ignore the bowl of Easter candy)

13. Predacon

Predacon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Hybrid Style

Hybrid Style AKA: TheFallen

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I prefer the shoulder fenders to be positioned behind.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just got this guy today and while I can definitely say that I like the robot mode a lot, I so far haven't been able to get him into car mode. The forearms are supposed to collapse into each other so that the vehicle panels come together but I can't get either of his arms to slide all the way into each other, they only seem to want to go about 90% of the way in (judging by the position of the little grey slider piece on the inside of the arm). If I apply pressure I can push the two panels together but it's just plastic flexing because as soon as I let go they spread apart again.

Can anyone PM me with some advice on this?

16. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    You have to push really hard to get the arms all locked snug. You'll know when the arm is all the way because the panel on the forearm will be barely a milimeter from the wheel. For the little tabs that peg the arms on to the back panel you need to angle them slightly as you press on them very hard. It can be tricky to get it just right but the panels are all designed to sit very tightly.

17. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the advice. I was finally able to get Car Crash into vehicle mode though it took a bit more massaging and excessive force than I would have liked.

On a side note, I also tried out T-Bone for the first time and comparatively he transformed with ease.

18. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Hah, it's never dawned on me to even compare it to Menasor...Got mine in combined not too far off from where I'm sitting.

19. Rahvin

Rahvin Well-Known Member

Received mine late last week (I know, I'm late to the party), and unfortunately it looks like mine is defective. The gray bar inside the right leg that acts as a double-hinge to fold the leg up for car mode is frozen - it looks to me like some glue must have gotten into the joint. There are no easily accessible screws to loosen or anything, so I'm left with no option but to email BBTS and see about a replacement leg or a replacement figure.

I also got the other three cars - outside of this one defect, I'm impressed. Sure they have little tiny weapons, but the Stunticons never carried major hardware that I recall - they mostly just ran into things and then turned into Menasor. Excellent modern homages to the original team, transformations that are sufficiently complex to be satisfying for an adult collector and yet intuitive enough to prevent frustration, the plastic and joints all feel very solid (and indeed the plastic around my frozen joint didn't stress or break even as I applied a lot of pressure to try to make it move), and I absolutely cannot wait until Diesel is released.

I didn't think I cared about notMenasor and the notStunticons, but after seeing them in person, they're way too good to pass up.

20. Blitzwing2008

Blitzwing2008 Triple changing menace

News Credits:
    Just got mine in and I like him a lot but the transformation while fun im weary of breakage due to how tight the arms to collasp them are all in all great figure