FansProject CA-02 Flameblast Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by daelite20, Apr 14, 2011.

1. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Don’t be a jerk...

News Credits:
    You won't be dissapointed, they rock my socks.

2. Blitzwing2008

Blitzwing2008 Triple changing menace

News Credits:
    this forum really sold me on getting flameblast as a stand alone figure

3. siniquezu

siniquezu Well-Known Member

i read that someone was complaining about a loose chest piece but I don't remember who posted it and which causality figure it was. Anyone know?

4. Strike Creamsicle

Strike Creamsicle Likes the G2 neon lights TFW2005 Supporter

I have finally, finally got around to unboxing these figures. I thiink they're pretty much sold out at stores by now, but if anyone happens to be looking for them and wants, well, more info than already is here, I thought I'd chime in with my two cents. I'll keep it short:

Plastic quality: Fantastic! They feel solid and I could easily mistake them for official figures if I didn't already know they were third party.

Poseability: I'm not sure I can say anything here that hasn't been shown in pictures. They both are really that flexible.

Transformation: Compared to Warbot Defender ("Springer") I can't express in words how happy I am by the transformation process on these guys. I didn't even need to look at the instructions.

For the most part they're straightforward, with the only really tricky part being the arms on both figures. On Warcry they fold up on themselves to make the sides of the vehicle and it's a bit tricky getting them into place. On Flameblast they stretch up over his head, but the shoulder joints get reversed to get everything to slide into place under the shuttle nosecone.

Alt modes: a matter of personal taste. I think they fit in perfectly with the classics line.

QC stuff: The only thing I've noticed with my figures is that the leading edge of Flameblast's shuttle wings - made of a sharp angled triangle which sits on either side of his chest in bot mode - has a very sharp point. Dunno if that's really a QC issue, but it's something to watch out for if you're playing with them. [edit[ his sword has a pointy edge, too.

I didn't have any interest in the figures when they were done as Bruticus add-ons, but as standalone figures they are great! Highly recommended.

I haven't got around to Fansproject's followup "Insecticons" from the Causality series, but I'm looking forward to them more now than I was before. I'm also really curious to see what they do for the next figures in the series.

5. Gundamben831

Gundamben831 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    does anyone remember their original names from the cartoon or comics? I was just curious if anyone knew.

6. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

Never read the comics, but supposedly Warcry is a homage of Growl, and Flameblast is a homage of Fireshot.

7. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's doubtful they were ever featured prominently in any media form.

They're Micromasters.

8. Gundamben831

Gundamben831 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    interesting but good to know thank you sir

9. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

No prob!

Some great pics of the FP bots next to the original toys were posted here by deruberhanyok...

Warcry w/ Growl

Flameblast w/ Fireshot and Vanquish