FansProject Bruticus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by bsutton1, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Me Grimlock

Me Grimlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yeah it really sucks being late. I remember seeing city commander preorders and not thinking much of it and took about a year off from the scene. Now that I'm back and have seen city commander I'm totally blown away- but then I looked on ebay and the last one went for $450. I really hope to get some second and third runs, but I'm not holding my breath. The fansproject springer also looked very nice.

I missed out on the 2009 run of MP-04 and it doesn't look like I'll be getting my hands on a trailer anytime soon.

2. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

Ya I hear ya on City Commander. Luckily I got one of the last ones some HK online store had for about $120 shipped back in December. Also got the Superion set before BBTS restocked last month. Just waiting for these limbs to show up so I can hit that damn ship my loot button. Would like to finally have a chance to see what Protector is all about - oh and that lil headmaster guy for TFU Hardhead.

3. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  4. Me Grimlock

Me Grimlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
  5. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

Ick on the price increase...Glad I had my preorders in and nice to see Q1 has now changed to Early March instead of Q2 or Q3 :) 

6. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    with all these price increases maybe i should keep both my preorders and flip the other set

7. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm glad I pre-ordered them. Looks like it will ship sometime in the next couple of weeks. I can't wait!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  8. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Something I always do when it comes to FP items..... I ALWAYS get my preorder in right away. First off, it's the cheapest it is going to be, and as stated before, the value on these only goes up and will you cost you more down the road. Preorder early and plan ahead accordingly. It is not the fault of BBTS for the product not being in stock. They are subject to the manufacturers product to arrive in their hands. I have been ordering from BBTS since 2000 and have been extremely happy with them.

- Gregg

9. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    its 5$. Wait a year and it may be 10-20x that.

10. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My FansProject Bruticus arrived at BBTS today. All it needs to do now is get shipped to me.

11. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I agree with all of the above, minus the preordering thing. I've got a limited budget for toys, but the FP releases I've gotten have all been those "special treats" for me. Once they're up for pre-ordering, I start saving. Probably not the BEST tactic, but I've managed to snag the original City Commander, Warbot Defender, Munitioner/Explorer, and Protector at or shortly after release. Getting in early is the best way to do it... preordering is the way to go if you can. Prices on these things jump so fast, it's not even funny.

BBTS has been super excellent to me. One of the fingers on my Bruticus set broke, they sent me a replacement. The back piece for Munitioner broke off, and they sent me a replacement of the plain figure. My RTS Jazz was missing a speaker, they sent it to me... all of this at no cost to me. Even if their prices seem like they might be a little high sometimes, they fix any problems with your order. The aforementioned problems I had are the only problems I've ever had, and I've ordered from them a bunch of times.

I've also ordered from TFSource, and never had any problems with anything from them. I've ordered from them less than BBTS, though.

12. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i agree with the get them fast thing, but i'll stick with my pay when they arrive preorders, that way i can either save for them in the process or since i order from automaton, i can pay it in installments if i am really short on cash leading up to it (never had to, but i have asked about it) makes it less stressful getting them, best decision i have ever made since i started to collect was to get the first release of city commander in a group buy for less than 80 shipped, it almost sold out on preorders alone