FansProject Bruticus

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by bsutton1, Feb 20, 2011.

1. bsutton1

bsutton1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have had FansProject Bruticus on Pre-Order from BBTS since January 31. I have contacted customer service and they don't know when they are getting him in. I have looked at Robot Kingdom but both Explorer and Munitioner are sold out. Is their anywhere else online that I can check for availability?

2. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

3. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
  4. Disruptor

Disruptor Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i haven't been able to find it cheap anywhere... so i just sucked it up and got it off ebay from hong kong, it was $145 shipped... that site has it for that price before shipping... your call

5. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

150.00 plus shipping from Toy Arena or Ebay 120 plus $30 for shipping.

6. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

:D  Fantastic!

I paid $165/shipped for my Munitoner & Explorer sets. Get em while you can; they're all kinds of awesome. I'm waiting to see whats up with that TFClub tank... looks like they're trying to make a new Brawl figure for the Colossus set.

~Z

7. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Yup was about to say Toy Arena... :D 

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I preordered it back in November. I foolishly believed the site when they claimed they would receive them later in November. Then it was pushed to December... then to January... currently it's Q1 2011 but I expect that to change soon.

This whole experience has made me decide to never preorder from BBTS again. I'll only buy from them if they have something in stock.

9. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

10. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Are BBTS actually at fault here?

11. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

No. Should have bought them when they first came out.

12. bsutton1

News Credits:
    I don't blame BBTS for it either. That's on the manufacturer right there.

$150? I don't know about that. I'll hold out a little longer and see what happens.

13. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    I think with any FP item, you just have to jump the gun when they come out. Trust me I know it's hard at the beginning to make the difficult choice in either to cash a product out or not but it's better to do so (if wallet permits) than to wait and think that it will either be cheaper down the road or that it will have an extensive stockage months later.

This thing was an anticipated set by every collector in the Transformers line, if I'm not mistaking when it hit retails this went out the door like hot cakes and was sold out within a week or two. Then I recall them bringing another shipment which at the time it sold within a month.

It's been 4-5mths since this set was released and whatever stock there is prices are going to sky rocket for it's rarity. I personally own it and love it and would never sell it for anything but I don't own all FP products, I sold my Superion Kit due to financial reasons and City Commander I totally missed out on it and look at those prices? I said this on another thread, you're either going to have pass on this or bite the bullet and pay almost double the price of what it was when it was first released.. good luck..

14. Alejandro27

Alejandro27 Well-Known Member

Be patient they will release it, ,never believe a release date on any site when it comes to FP products. Always add 3-4 months and that is being modest to the date posted.

15. GridironProject

GridironProject Active Member

I remember you started a thread back in mid November that was very similar to the OP's topic on this one. I had indicated on your thread that the BBTS preorder was highly unlikely. They are infamous for giving false hope with extended preorders.

LOL Yeah, you go and do that. And you'll be paying a lot more than $150 by summertime.

They're only $150 now because there is still a steady trickle of sellers offering them on eBay. Once it comes down to less than a handful of sets every few weeks to months, good luck. $150 will be considered a steal. (Which is only a mark-up of $25 extra per set that isn't bad [YET]). These are easily going to be $200+ for a set once the supply truly dries out.

16. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

^ Agreed.

[​IMG]

17. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    True, then comes the ko to make the prices fair again.

18. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The ETA from BBTS is the 1st Quarter of 2011. That means it could be the end of March by the time it comes in.

19. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

KO prices ultimately do not affect prices of authentics in the long term. Shadow Commanders have been selling on eBay within the $250 range (with one ending on 2/14 at $355) and City Commanders within the same $250 range (with a one ending on 2/20 at $450!) And these are the 2nd version (2010) TFX City Commanders; not even the 1st versions (2009), mind you.

The same will hold true with Munitioner & Explorer even if they are KO'd.

20. bsutton1

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm holding out til then to see what happens. I noticed that the ETA on some other Pre-Orders is February 2011. The end of February is a week from tomorrow. I'm keeping an eye on those in the next week to see if anything changes.