Fansproject Bruticus question?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by banjoted, May 8, 2012.

1. banjoted

banjoted Timelord TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Please forgive what will undoubtedly be a hugely newbie question - but how do the Warcry/Flameblast/Munitioner/Explorer sets work? Do all four together form Bruticus? Surely I'd need another figure, right?

And the Fansproject Superion set - that attaches to the ROTF Superios set, right?

2. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To form FP Bruticus, you need three members (Onslaught, one helicopter and one tank) from Superlink/Energon/ROTF/Universe Bruticus + Munitioner and Explorer (Warcry and Flameblast are repaints missing the parts you need to connect them).

To form FP Superion, you need the whole Superlink/Energon/ROTF/Universe Superion team + FP Superion add-on kit.

3. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

That would have been awesome but no. Munitioner and Explorer were the original set and Warcry and flameblast are just well repaints. Yes, 2 out 5 bots only. You're left with 3 bots from the original bruticus maximus toy set. However there is a mod for PCC Heavythread which replaces another one of the Bruticus Maximus toys which will leave you with only 2 of the original ones. If you do get these sets replacing most of the original hasbro toys would be the best way to go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/381202-pcc-heavytread-universe-combiner-brawl.html

Best one I've seen so far. This was the original person who modded the PCC heavytread to go into Bruticus Maximus. You don't see these often with FP Bruticus owners which is pretty sad really. This is the way to go if you want to own Bruticus Maximus.

4. banjoted

banjoted Timelord TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Thanks a lot for your help, guys

5. seali_me

Let me help you out more. Wait for the eventual real combiner.
    Or if you do decide to buy them. Buy them separately and include PCC Heavythread in there.

6. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  7. chuckcjc

chuckcjc Wheeljack Engineer Corp.

News Credits:
    In your humble opinion of course right? Your post smacks of elitism. Many folks have not even seen this mod yet, and yet you feel sad that they didn't instantly do the mod?

The PCC Heavytread tank, while looking really nice, is way out of scale with the rest of the set, IMHO.

8. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    seali i dont think you know how hard it is to track down heavytread otherwise it would be more popular

9. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

While his post could have been worded more neutrally, I do agree that PCC Heavytread looks fantastic as new Brawl. I modded my own FP Bruticus with a slightly different method but the end result is the same.

Heavytread is Scout-class and so are the rest of the limbs so he's actually sized well with them (as an in-scale tank? not so much but the most important thing is he makes an awesome Bruti leg). I suppose he is a little bit wider than Munitioner/not-Swindle but it's not horribly so. Heavytread is pretty similar length-wise, and his bot mode fits in well with the other Combaticons, I think. He's certainly more "G1 Brawl" in appearance than his ROTF/Energon mold counterpart.

The only other quibble really being the annoying Allspark-blue PCC combiner pegs/posts sticking out of Heavytread (I cut off the back two with a Dremel so they wouldn't get in the way of Bruti's knee articulation).

Back on topic, Flameblast and Warcry do not come with the weapon accessories and combiner pieces (shoulder connectors, feet, hands, head, crotchpiece, rear twin cannons for Onslaught, etc.). They're simply standalone repainted figures. So you'll need the Crossfire Munitioner and Explorer sets to complete Bruticus/Colossus (or if you're lucky enough to find the accessories and combiner pieces being sold loose on eBay or the Junkions thread).

10. Sully

Sully Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's an expensive but worth it combiner. You'll spend 400 USD approx on it.

Getting a Heavythread to work as his left leg isn't easy. But the full ROTF Brut set will give you the Energon version of Brawn anyway. While it's not perfect (it's a double barreled tank) it does look ok and doesn't require any modding of a toy (lets be honest, we're not all great at customizing a figure!).

The main thing to remember is this is a Classics version of Bruticus more than it is a G1.

11. seali_me

Okay fine. FP Bruticus is way too fugly to fix. Damn it.
    Believe me when I say this, I tried my best to be nice to a fugly bot to begin with. :) 

12. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist Well-Known Member

:2c: 

just wait for a better completely 3rd party bruticus to come out. go get hercules now and save up for tfc superion. at this point you will be overpaying for both the (bad) hasbro bruticus bots and the munitioner explorer upgrade as well.

you'll have to be patient, but your money can be put to better use elsewhere right now. :) 

a better bruticus will come.

13. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I disagree because I think Colossus is awesome and in fact the centerpiece of my classics collection.

But I do agree that you'd be overpaying for the set right now.

But if you're willing to play with the colors and not go for the ROTF Bruticus you can find the figures individually for better prices.

Plus scramblecore has a lot of combinning parts on his shapeways store that can replace the FP parts. You have to do some assembly and perhaps painting but it would be a fun project.

14. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

Even though the videos were kinda long, Emgo did the best job showing what the sets actually did for the Hasbro Bruticus set. I was always unclear how these two $55 packs made something so epic, but after seeing it happen, I was blown away :bowdown: 

15. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Emgo's great but I'm a sucker for stop motion.

16. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    you lost me at scale in a combiner
    lol, i was confused reading your first post, wait, no fugly? :lol  heavytread is required for it imo as well, i have a couple heavytreads sitting around here, one is waiting for a combiner port for the mod, but not paying over $5 for a junker limb

17. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gotta remember not everyone even got to see Heavy Tread in retail... and you'll find this wee scout going for $30+ on eBay, and not with *that* much frequency either... add to the cost of FP Brut and yea...

----------------------------------------------------------

As for OP... You can technically use the repaints for Munitioner/Explorer for limbs as well... But I think some modifications need to be done to use the other combiner parts on those two. (One set of combiner bits was designed for the Energon figures after all).

You need 3 out of the 5 figures from the Energon/RotF Bruticus Maximus group, as well as Munitioner/Explorer to make the figure.

18. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I like FP Bruticus. Enough to own 11. Well worth the money.

19. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    check clearance stores, they're all over up here, and i've heard a lot of people getting them at tjmaxx and ross, if you're willing to drop 100+ on a "wee scout" like explorer, 30 is a no brainer

20. seali_me

They've been popping up here too. A bookstore of all places! lol :D 

Even if it was expensive why cheap out and leave it stock? Like with Herc, even though I hate it, I'd buy the upgrades. I think that TFC meant for Herc to look beefy like that. I wouldn't cheap out on somethin I bought expensive.