Fansproject Bruticus question?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by terry981, Sep 7, 2011.

1. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

My brother is a fan of Bruticus for an odd reason and his birthday is coming up. I want to know how much is Fansproject Bruticus going for these days? And what are the components that I need to form this beast if I bought everything separate?

2. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    An odd reason? It's not the same day every year? :lol 

But anyways man, Bruticus is steep now. I see people selling that shit in the range of 400 dollars. It's bat shit crazy. Good luck.

3. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Both FP Munitioner and Explorer could run you over 50 bucks each... Plus shipping.

I got mine through BBTS.com.

The ROTF / Universe Combaticons repaints could cost around 80 bucks, too. Though you only need Onslaught, Brawl and Vortex to make the FP Bruticus...

Energon / Superlink limbs could work, too.

Good luck! This figure is well worth it! One my favs!

4. MrTuesday

MrTuesday Well-Known Member

Fansproject Munitioner & Explorer together run about $200 these days on ebay

ROTF Brutucus complete is another $300

Using Energon Bruticus instead is $150

A year ago, I was able to get Energon Bruticus for less than $100, with Munitoner & Explorer for $50 each. The value of these guys have really gone up.

5. terry981

Oh Dear. Anyone willing to sell it to me for $150-200? I don't have a job now but I got enough to buy this or I can save a lot buying my bro a Michael Jordan dvd. Ha ha.

6. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had to buy all my Bruticus stuff (ROTF set and two FP molds) for almost $400 >.>

You might get lucky and find someone selling everything for cheaper. But generally the ROTF set alone sells for like $200+ now.

7. terry981

Until I get a job that might happen. I guess its dvd for now. still good.

8. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    You might get lucky with someone parting out the less desirable versions of the torso and limbs. "Swindle" (tan helicopter) and "Blast Off" (brown tank) from the ROTF set are typically the cheapest version of those (since most people buy the set, then don't need the extra copter and tank which are identical to the other copter and tank except for name and color)- I've seen them at around $15 a piece although I haven't looked in two months or so. The cheapest version of Onslaught is probably Energon Barricade, which isn't a bad Onslaught color-wise at all, I use him. So if your brother doesn't mind his Vortex being tan and brawl being brown, that's a way to go.

You're probably stuck on the Fansproject limbs though. I think they retailed for $59.99 when they were released, you'd be lucky to get them for $75 a piece now.

Another thing you could do is just grab Munitioner and/or Explorer for your bro right now (depending on the deal you get and your budget). Those are likely to get more expensive faster than the Hasbro parts (unless they're reissued), so it would be wiser to get those as soon as possible and they are awesome figures in their own right that he will definitely really enjoy. Then you have a built-in easy present for Christmahannukwanzaa (if you celebrate that sort of thing) or next year's birthday and get him the rest of the set.

If you only get one, I think Explorer is a cooler figure, but Munitioner is probably the more known, interesting character. Your mileage may vary. Actually sometimes I think Munitioner and Explorer are a lot cooler than the combined Bruticus.

I'd also recommend trying to get one from a board member over in the buy/sell/trade forum rather than ebay. You'll get a better deal.

Of course, always check references and don't deal with shady characters. Deals that seem too good to be true typically are. I got my set for about $170 shipped back in May by looking for deals. Obviously I can't guarantee you'll get the same deal, but don't just take the first thing that comes along. Things are only worth what people are willing to pay and a lot of people prefer a firm offer of cash to looking for a buyer.

9. terry981

I'm such a noob at this, but isn't Munitioner and Explorer like the parts you need to overhaul Bruticus like how you use FP City Commander to decorate Classics Ultra Magnus?

10. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    yep

11. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When you use eBay's seller links... here's the averages showing up:

Energon Bruticus: ~43
    RotF Bruticus: ~137
    Fansproject Munitioner Explorer: ~214

If you're patient you can probably grab all of it around the averages. (ATM there is a Buy it Now for the Munitioner/Explorer just above eBay's average after shipping)

I have both Energon and RotF and TBH putting the kit on either set looks pretty good. In fact, for accuracy the Energon torso is more G1 accurate... and the two extra limbs off the RotF have better colors.

You may be able to find individual limbs at lower rates, in particular the Energon ones, or the two from the giftset that are usually replaced by the Fansproject limbs.

Barricade/Onslaught might be the harder one, I rarely saw him sold alone.

Yes. Moreso actually. It's two limbs to replace the repeat limbs in the original Bruticus Maximus as well as A TON of weapons that become addons that help form the far improved gestalt.

See the eccentric, yet awesome reviews by Vange1us.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  12. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

DAAAAAAAAMN...so glad i got my sets when they came out then....goood luck bro...

13. terry981

Here's another question: Which version is more G1 accurate, according to code it is Energon. I would go that route since me and my bro are G1.

14. CodeXCDM

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The torso piece ONLY. The Energon torso has G1 Onslaughts color schemes. The ROTF version is solid black. However, the Energon limbs are BRIGHT orange, green, yellow, and purple... so they're kinda bothersome. ROTF limbs are the proper colors... or at least far more muted. Again look at the review link I put. Oh and the final combination: Vangelus Review 114-D - Fansproject XFire-02 Colossus Combination - YouTube

15. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

i like the ROTF ver ...i bought the energon first but didnt think it looked g1 enough so i bought the rotf ver and mixed onslaught ener ver and the limbs to match their g1 counterparts...but given the choice between the two id go w rotf..

16. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

I use Energon Barricade and Energon Blackout as my Onslaught and Vortex, and a PCC Heavytread as Brawl (needs modding to include an Energon port but looks better as Brawl than the Energon tank mold). Energon Blackout isn't as G1 accurate, but I really think that the colours 'pop' more than the RotF Vortex and look really nice!

17. terry981

I like this one you have. Oh and thanks guys. Ah... probably might not get it soon since my bro's birthday is in two weeks. Thanks guys, at least I have a bigger idea.

18. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Energon/Super Link/2005 Universe Barricade is more accurate to G1 Onslaught's colors. I still prefer using ROTF Onslaught though so they all have dull colors instead of one randomly having bright gold/blue/white. Plus I like how the ROTF ones all have redish eyes and silver faces while the Energon ones are a bunch of random colors.

19. Me Grimlock

Me Grimlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Too bad you didn't see my sales thread, I sold munitioner and explorer for $120 a few days ago. If they are really going for as much as you guys say they are, I wonder why it took a couple of days for someone to bite

20. CodeXCDM

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Some folks don't take advantage of the search feature on the boards..? But yea, sometimes it's also one forgets to scour Junkion Exchange... heck, I missed out on a Bruticus a while back as a result... paid over 100 for it on eBay... made me sad.