fansproject bruticus problem

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by mac&cheese, Oct 4, 2010.

1. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im thinking about getting these bruticus sets, but heard of alot of quality control problems. I heard of alot of issues, but what problems really are true about these fragile toys? can anyone confirm some of the problems with these sets, after buying them? was there missing parts, broken pieces, etc?

2. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have had no fragility issues. My only issues are failure of some of the parts to peg onto Onslaught in robot and launch base modes. In other words, nothing that affects my enjoyment of Bruticus.

I haven't even heard this as a rumor. It's certainly not true with me.

You get what you pay for with this set. Just don't play with it as if it's a Gravity Bot or something.

3. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There really isn't anything bad about the set. You only have to keep in mind that this is a collectors piece and not your typical toy, so be gentle with it. The pros FAR outweight any cons you might come across.

4. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    Don't handle it like you have gorilla hands, and it will be fine.

5. ElSnarfo

ElSnarfo Registered Slacker

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The hand connector peg on Blast-Off/Explorer is mega loose on mine..

6. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's typical, and can be rectified by using Explorer's feet to support the hand.

7. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

The plastic is good quality. It feels more like model kit plastic, so it is somewhat fragile compared to the more solid type HasTak uses. Be careful with them (especially Blast-Off's thin plastic). Don't force anything. Also, keep the play to a minimum. I realize that the Crossfire sets have different modes beyond Bruticus, but people are setting themselves up for failure when they fuck around with the parts too much. I transformed Swindle and Blast-Off into bot mode once before combining them. I have no use for the base modes, etc. (as cool as they are). They've stayed in Bruticus mode for almost a month and they will continue to stay that way.

8. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, mine too... the other modes are all fun, but really people are buying this set to keep displayed as Bruticus... and there are some very thin parts on Blast Off... so be careful with him... but i've loved mine since day one and am very glad i've got him...

9. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

This...[​IMG]

10. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its great to know that so many had no problems with this set, so I guess its not like the impossible toys arcee or the tfcon nightbird. Im really thinking about getting this set now. Its a really awsome looking set.

11. bulletthebluesky

bulletthebluesky Mmmm... Beer

No problems with mine either. The first time transforming Blastoff was scary as hell because of the mentioned thin plastic, but that's me just being a little paranoid about breaking my toys. :p 

12. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    No complaints from me, I have only good things to say about this set.

13. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

No issues with mine. Only minor issues is it's difficult to get the doulble barrel gun to stay on Onslaughts back in conbined form.

14. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

i had some defects from the hollow black pins expanding and cracking the surrounding plastic. it's mostly cosmetics; as far as i can tell the cracked hollow pinned joints still hold tight. check the munitioner's toe joints and explorer's arms for cracks near the hollow pins.

15. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    I have the same problem with Explorers' arm joints. The cracks look like they split at the seam but don't look like they are going to break off or anything. I'm still going to keep him, just be reeaalllyy careful posing his arms.

16. Eternalm

Eternalm Hasbro owns my Childhood

Ebay:
    Fansproject just in general, has top notch products, I've gotten almost everything they've put out, and I've never had any missing pieces or quality control problems. The plastic is a little lighter weight, as has been noted, but other than that, they're solid.

17. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

no problem with my set, just becareful with blastoff's sword and when attaching the new bruticus head. also i heard a couple of people broke their swindle when transforming him to bot mode- see the feedback thread.

18. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

has anyone else noticed stress marks over time when it comes to the fansproject explorer missile pods shoulder exstension blox parts?

in particuler the flat panel hinged parts that fold out form the front and back of the shoulder blox parts to attach it to the front and sides of vortex's body for the combiner limb mode

i have noticed that mine has developed some stress marks over time around the plastic corner of the hinged flat panel parts where the hole is set in the panel where the knob studs on the sides of vortex upper body plug into place at on the hinged panel parts

it has gotten to the point that the corner peice above the hole in the flat panel broke off over time

while i have since managed to reattach it permanently with some epoxy glue

i have gone so far as to swap the repaired panels on the voretx shoulder blox piece out for the attachment hinged panels from the blastoff shoulder blox piece

and just as a added precaution i have gone so far as to shave down the attachment studs on each side of vortex's upper body so that they are a slight size smaller then they were originally

the vortex shoulder exstension blox part can still wrap around and attach securely to the sides of vortex's upper body though i did have to use a drop of super glue on each knob to insure that each knob can still securley grip the panel hole when i attach vortex to his shoulder blox exstension part to combine him with onslaught as buriticus' left arm

by the way is there a more secure way to attach the lower left arm exstenion parts to vortex's lower legs?

becuase i have applied a layer or two of super glue to those raised notches on the outside of vortex lower legs that the lower left arm exstension parts slot onto and it has given the legs a slightly better grip so far

short of applying a few layers of paint or remolding vortex's lower legs with sculpy i was just wondering

to be honest i dont even bother using the missile pods on vortex for vehicle mor robot mode

i just combine all the addon combiner and weapon parts with the rooler drone feet parts to make a heavily armored rollor drone mobile armory scout vehicle

i went and modified a set of spring loaded missile cannons from energon snowcat so that vortex can use them asa set of lower arm sidemounted bazooka cannons if there was anything else i could do to give the add on parts a tigher better grip when they are slotted into place over vortex's lower legs

while in vehicle mode i have vortex use a set of stun batons which double as his landing skids in vehicle mode

they were originally the energon bombs from a superion maximus jet limb figure

as for the two part combineable shotgunsfor bruticus i permanently superglued them together and gave brawl a set of hand held twin springloaded missile cannons

19. Dinobots Rule

Dinobots Rule Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ive had no issues what so ever and ive built 3 of them so far. never missing anything or had anything break. great product.

20. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

has anyone else noticed stress marks over time when it comes to the fansproject explorer missile pods shoulder exstension blox parts?

in particuler the flat panel hinged parts that fold out form the front and back of the shoulder blox parts to attach it to the front and sides of vortex's body for the combiner limb mode

i have noticed that mine has developed some stress marks over time around the plastic corner of the hinged flat panel parts where the hole is set in the panel where the knob studs on the sides of vortex upper body plug into place at on the hinged panel parts

it has gotten to the point that the corner peice above the hole in the flat panel broke off over time

while i have since managed to reattach it permanently with some epoxy glue

i have gone so far as to swap the repaired panels on the voretx shoulder blox piece out for the attachment hinged panels from the blastoff shoulder blox piece

and just as a added precaution i have gone so far as to shave down the attachment studs on each side of vortex's upper body so that they are a slight size smaller then they were originally

the vortex shoulder exstension blox part can still wrap around and attach securely to the sides of vortex's upper body though i did have to use a drop of super glue on each knob to insure that each knob can still securley grip the panel hole when i attach vortex to his shoulder blox exstension part to combine him with onslaught as buriticus' left arm

by the way is there a more secure way to attach the lower left arm exstenion parts to vortex's lower legs?

becuase i have applied a layer or two of super glue to those raised notches on the outside of vortex lower legs that the lower left arm exstension parts slot onto and it has given the legs a slightly better grip so far

to be hoenst i dont even bother usingthe missile pods on vortex for vehicle mor robot mode

iwent and modifeied a set of spring loaded isile cannons from energon snowcat so that vortex can use them asa set of lower arm sidemounted bazooka cannons short of applying a few layers of paint or remolding vortex's lower legs with sculpy i was just wondering if there was anything else i could do to give the add on parts a tigher better grip when they are slotted into place over vortex's lower legs

while i nvehicle mode i have vortex use a set of stun batons which double as his landing skids in vehicle mode

they were originally the energon bombs from a superion maximus jet limb figure