Fansproject Bruticus, Is there a restock soon or are ppl selling out?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by HOCBethel, Nov 10, 2010.

1. HOCBethel

HOCBethel Well-Known Member

I am slightly confused, I can see that most places are sold out of this set.

However, BBTS seems to have pre-orders available.

Anyone know if everyone is restocking? Just BBTS is restocking? Or no one is restocking?

2. HOCBethel

HOCBethel Well-Known Member

anyone ?

3. TechNoMad

TechNoMad Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I had to pony up and get a set on preorder. I still have not had time to open it either. I expected them to go fast. I have no idea if they are restocking but I can't imagine that FP would want to lose money over not making more either. Just curious though have you checked on eBay to see what they are going for or on the exchange for B/S/T?

4. GridironProject

GridironProject Active Member

I seriously doubt BBTS will be getting a restock. It's the end of December and still no restock. Plus they did the same thing with their "restock preorder" of the Superion Appendage kits which never came in all year. They are sold out everywhere else.

The only online retailer that I've seen get a restock was ToyArena. They currently have it in stock, but they only sell the Bruticus kits as a pair for $169.99 + shipping, which is about the same going rate for what they are selling on eBay from asian sellers which are selling them for $150 + $25-$30 shipping.

So in other words, you're going to end up paying $150-$170 for one depending on where you get it, which is scary since these things are barely over 3 months old. I say get em now before these things are really expensive. And trust me, they will be.

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Gridiorn, you are not saying things I want to hear. I have therefore put a voodoo curse upon you. When you eat cereal your milk will always change color now.

You brought this upon yourself.

:p 

6. anabolik1

anabolik1 Banned

On the contrary...there are places to get the pair for about retail if you look well enough...Now the ROTF Bruticus Sets are another story somewhat anyway...

7. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

yikes. I paid 48.99 a piece when they came out. With TFs. it's good to get them on release if you can.

8. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    It's not impossible that FP will do another run, although they may well leave it a while.

9. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    WOW, I like Bruticus but not that much. I'd let them go for 140:thumbs2: 

10. Doc Pirahna

Doc Pirahna Well-Known Member

I have a pre order in at BBTS in hopes of an eventual restock. I certainly have no plans of paying $160 for the pair but I would be thrilled to get them at the orignal price. Fingers crossed they get a 2nd run.

11. canonball

canonball Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Me too. I literally got the last Mutioner BBTS had in stock and one of the last Explorers TFSource had.

12. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've had them both preordered from BBTS since November. I'm aggravated they are not yet restocked when they advertised they would get them in November.

Had I known then they wouldn't get them until Q1 at the earliest I'd have looked elsewhere rather than sitting on my hands. In fact this whole experience has left such a sour taste in my mouth I likely won't preorder from them again.

13. Fort_Fett

Fort_Fett iRkeN iNvaDR

I preordered these when my Protector became available at BBTS. Date still says Q1 of 2011 so I have faith...

14. robowarrior

robowarrior Arcee's BF

News Credits:
    Whew...I'm glad I jumped the gun when they first came out. Like the other board member stated, I only paid about $48 each. This is one of those sets that if you didn't jump on them when they were first released then too bad for you now. Hope you get one at decent price. One of the items I regret selling is my FP Snowman kit but that's a different story. I've been trying to get my hands on a FP City Commander with Ultra Magnus and did see a listing of it on ebay for the whole kit, add on, & Ultra Magnus classics figures for over $250...ouch!! I"m hoping to get the Rodimus kit soon, before they're completely gone as well...

15. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Wow!! These things went up that much? Jeez!

16. GridironProject

GridironProject Active Member

LOL Sorry bro. Just telling it like it is. You are not alone though. I don't even have a set myself and am blue in the face every time I see ended auction prices, since they are always going up. I just didn't think they would sell out so fast, which was the biggest mistake I could make with FP products.

17. VitaminZinc

VitaminZinc Bad and Evil

Yeah, seems like everything they touch turns to gold.

I had someone send me an email about a review I did on the Superion add-on and they wanted to buy mine. I thought it was kinda weird, so I checked eBay and saw the thing going for $150. Worst thing is I didn't feel like it was worth the $50 I paid for it at the time. Seeing it was going for 3 times the amount was very :eek: 

18. Manok

Manok Well-Known Member

I paid 70 for the robotkingdom superion upgrade and feel ripped off. What they want for that kit on ebay is ludicrous.

19. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I had gotten Explorer through TFSource while they had him in stock. But for Munitioner, I had my preorder with BBTS, but I canceled it as soon as I got enough money to buy him from another retailer who had him.

The reason why was because BBTS listed it as preorder, and TFSource was out of stock. I sent a message to both customer services asking when they would get more Munitioners in stock. Both companies could not state if they were going to get more. So I went looking elsewhere.

Thankfully at the time RobotKingdom had him in stock, and I ordered it and received it through them before he sold out there too. But it's the same with TFSource and BBTS, they cannot and could not verify if FansProject would have any more to ship to them, and I wasn't going to sit and wait. It's easier to just do the homework and buy as soon as you find him in the best price range possible. Unfortunately, FansProject can only do limited runs on production, and right now, their focus is on Protector and their other projects. If there is enough fan want and requests, they might rerelease like they did with City Commander, but it's too soon to tell.

And I wasn't going to pony up for the Superion set, when there were other pieces like Protector coming out.