fansproject armor for tcc sideburn

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Crazy Ramjetty, Oct 6, 2010.

?

would you buy a sideburn armor set?

1. totally, he would look awesome in it and fit in nicely with the other 2

41 vote(s)
    56.2%
  2. no way, he doesn't need one and never did!

32 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

we have an armor set for hot rod, we are going to have an armor set for shattered glass hot rod, so wouldn't nit be a good idea or at least cool to see an armor set for tcc sideburn?

2. Takeout

Takeout Mistress of the Night

I reserve judgement until I actually see Side Burn.

3. Victorysabre

Victorysabre Born to Transform

News Credits:
    Need a middle ground answer like "depends on how Sideburn looks" or "depends on any extras the armor might include".

4. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    I dunno...I'm kind of on the fence about the 'Roddy mold working for SpeedBreaker (I refuse to call him by the US name :p ) as it is...dressing him up as Blue Rodimus Prime won't do anything but make him that mush LESS Speedbreaker'y....

D/L

5. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Its not needed at all but would be awesome.

6. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

^^ This, honestly he'd look every bit as awesome as Hot Rod would, but so what? Would it go with the character? I can honestly say for sure I wouldn't buy it even though I'm going to get TCC Sideburn.

7. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope. I wouldn't get it. I think it's not really needed for SG Rodimus, but I think it's just so damned cool to have him get upgraded and invade my CHUG shelves....

8. digitalworld40

digitalworld40 Well-Known Member

If they did make one and it looked like my recolor and with this face I most definitely would buy it. If not Ill just buy another Protector and repaint it myself.

[​IMG]

9. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I'm hoping the Shadow Scyther set will look sexy with a two-color scheme of black and blue ;) .

10. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    if they don't make one my Shadow Scyther will go on Sideburn. If they make one, then I will repaint a roddy to match Scyther.

11. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Yes they should make one, as I think I said in another thread as this sideburn is elite guard I see the armour working as some early apex armour proto type.

12. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I will definately buy one....Maybe two if the funds are available. Also hoping for one for the clear set and one to match the RTS version coming out. Gotta have them all. I need to start another couple Classics shelves.

13. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Personally I couldn't care less about armor for TFCC Sideburn.

14. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

it's debattable if fanprojects would bother creating this in blue. because there is no guarantee that many club members want to get the blue armor.

at best if fanprojects makes it,it'll be in extremly low volume numbers. which will sell out fast. then the sellers will have a ball charging huge amounts for it on ebay.

personally i'd rather not see it get made if sellers are going to ripp off buyers on ebay.

15. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Nah, I don't think I'd want the armor in blue. I'm still not entirely sold on the armor itself (even though I have it pre-ordered), and I think a third set would be excessive. I suspect Sideburn will look better without it. And who wants a camper version of Sideburn?

16. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I think The vehicle mode is a secondary concern.

I think of it this way RID Sideburn gets an upgrade into Super-Sideburn represented by his "Spark Engine" and Hotrod Colour scheme. so he's already tied to Rodimus by a shared colour scheme.

You can either say the blue is a Rodimus supermode if you want to - or say that because this Sideburn isn't quite the same as RID Sideburn he's still open to a reversable Upgrade mode - but this time it's one of body not of colour.

You could look on it as an Expeditionary upgrade something he'd need for endurance, strength and firepower rather than speed. and another way to look at it the targetmaster sidekick would be in charge of the base mode when he's off chillin in car mode. so if you like you can think or it almost like Steelcore with the little guy being in charge of the trailer and armour and offering it to others as a temporary upgrade.

You could even imagine that it's 1 trailer that changes colour from opaque red to clear red to opaque blue as needed.

I'd not only like a Blue trailer I'd like a Hotrodimus repaint in yellow or tan/brown so we can get even more trailers.

Perhaps if CHMS decide to make a KO blue car release then the previso of their not being enough blue Sideburns compared to the desire for the trailer will be side stepped.

If FP don't do it themselves I can see people asking for the KO one in blue instead... at least then he'd have a Targetmaster and a scythe too.

17. jbz

jbz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    zombie....

18. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It will be logical if they do a Sideburn Protector