Fansproject Add on packs, which to get?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Tyjos, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Tyjos

Tyjos Just another Collector

Twitter:
    Well as of now I've got just maybe a few more things to get for transformers and with all the coolness I've heard about Fansprojects addons.

I did get one add on so, the Classics Prime Trailer [no armor, just the Trailer] and I have a Coronation Set for Classics Starscream.

I've yet to Pre-order the Protector Armor for Rodimus since I'm not sure really if it'll be worth investing $90 or so on.

I know everyone says the City Commander Armor for Ultra Magnus is a MUST GET but now these days I have to watch what I spend on TFs since most of my funds are now devoted to Star Wars collecting.

So what would you guys suggest?

I've got the 3 Major Classics that have major Upgrade Sets [Magnus,Nemesis Prime, and Voyager Prime]

I just need to get a "feel" so to speak for what's out there, what's the best deal and where I can probably find said deals without getting an Bootleg.

2. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    all of them lol.

3. Tyjos

Twitter:
    I don't have THAT much money for sure.....

Just with the amount of sets that are out there......maybe I'm better off just sticking to getting the Trailers?

4. Jazz Meister

Jazz Meister Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Ultra Magnus

5. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Nuff Said.

6. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    If you have a Classics Ultra Magnus, get the City Commander set. It completes the figure, and really is the one that adds the most for the buck. I'd wait until you've gotten that before you decide on further ones. I have City Commander, Shadow Commander AND Powered Commander, but that's just me. You might not see the point in getting the same armor multiple times in different colors.

If you have Bruticus or Superion, I STRONGLY recommend the Crossfire sets.

And as a standalone, Defender is an excellent choice, that fills in another sorely vacant character slot in the Classics/Universe line.

7. kenm2474

Honestly Start off with the City Commander set. That's the one defining piece that make Magnus into Ultra Magnus. Thats the first one I got. My second was the Crossfire Superion add-on which I felt made the Energon combiner and actual Combiner with real hands and feet. My Third was The Bruticus Crossfire set. WOW...this set just truly lets this combiner be what he was meant to be. Next week my D.I.A Commander armor is coming for my classics Prime. Last will be my Protector set for my Rodimus. I pre-ordered that 3 days ago with Sidearm. I am more stoked for FPs Rodimus Prime armor set more so than the MP Rodimus Prime.

8. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My advice, stop collecting Star Wars and send your money to Fansproject and HasTak! You will be happier. I mean how many times/versions of Boba Fett, Darth, and Luke does one man need?

9. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    get dia for 80.00 clearence at bbts, better than 120.00 at tf sorce. btw those vintage reissues of the star wars wow! so awsome looking vintage packages.

10. Tyjos

Twitter:
    I collect Vehicles mostly in Star Wars...cause at my spark core, I'm a Star Wars Fan more than a TF Fan. To me Star Wars figures are a dime a dozen and can be found almost anywhere now these days [except for Darth Revan that is and maybe Darth Malak's figures] it's the vehicles I like......

But right now the objective to get is Ultra Magnus's City Commander Armor and Robot Kingdom looks like they got it at a good deal....

11. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Yea, as much as I like them all, Magnus is a MUST for any collection. The Bruticus upgrades are also highly, highly suggested at some point, but once you start, FP stuff can become more addictive than crack.

12. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ha! watch out for the 30.00 to 45.00 shipping costs from them.

13. Tyjos

Twitter:
    So they charge higher shipping? Hmmm....

Damn it it's always the thing I want the most I'm ending up shelling out more than I want too.....

The 3rd rule of the Ferengi Rules of Aquisition says: Never pay more for an acquisition than you have to.

Good thing I got a thread up in the Wanted section to see if I can trade for a Armor Set rather than buy one and get suckered by the Shipping costs...

14. kenm2474

How much are you wanting to spend on CC?

15. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FansProject's current lineup:

City Commander (Ultra Magnus)
    - original version w/ no missile launchers or gun
    - add-on weapon set of missile launchers or gun for above
    - re-release version that includes missile launchers and gun
    Shadow Commander (black repaint for Nemesis prime, includes sword no missiles no guns)
    DIA Commander (Diaclone colored Magnus)
    Powered Commander (also Diaclone colored Magnus, more red less blue)

G3 Trailer (g1 prime replica, you have)

Cliffjumper weapon set (guns, minor body bits, new CJ head, impossibly pricey, forget it)

Aerial Appendage Set (parts for Energon/ROTF Superion team)

Snowman Aerial Appendage Set (white version of above)

Defender (Springer-themed bot)

Munitioner/Explorer (standalone Swindle/Blastoff + parts for ROTF Bruticus)

Protector (Rodimus Prime)
    - Targetmaster (standalone bot made for use w/ Protector)

Shadow Scythe (black version of Protector, comes with extra weapon)

Now, you say you have Classics Prime, Classics Magnus, and Universe/SDCC Nemesis Prime. Dunno what else you might have.

Since you already have the G3 Trailer for Classics (or Henkei) Prime, I'd suggest first getting the City Commander set (re-release version). It'll have the guns and missiles, it'll make your Classics Magnus ABLE TO DEAL WITH IT and look totally badass.

From there you pick:

Route 1 . . .
    - The DIA Commander/TF Con Powered Commander set goes VERY well w/ the G3's towing function.
    - Get Universe/Classics/Henkei Sideswipe, Mirage, Grimlock, Bumblebee and HENKEI Hound. Your existing G3 trailer has weapons for these guys. Wield 'em.
    - This'll get you a nice set of guys that complement your g3 trailer. Prime and his merry band of Autobots.

Route 2 . . .
    - Shadow Commander to go with your Nemesis Prime. Gotta have someone for your Magnus to fight, right?
    - You'll also want to pick up PerfectEffect's Shadow Warrior series. These guys are made by a different company (PerfectEffect) but can be mounted on Shadow Commander's shoulders or held as guns. They have robot modes highly reminiscent of Frenzy/Rumble. Check them out HERE or HERE

I would HIGHLY recommend Defender, who looks terrific standing next to City Commander. though to be fair, I recommend any of FansProject's stuff.

The other products must be bought, but you need other figures to use them: an ROTF/Energon Bruticus Maximus set, Superion set.

16. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Buy a ton of stuff from BBTS or TFSource and save on shipping.

RK ships from overseas, so you are eating that cost.

17. Tyjos

Twitter:
    Just right now I'm looking to at least get one more Add On Pack, I'm not made of gold so I can't afford anymore shopping sprees like the ones I've been on the past 4 months.
    [After all I did buy an 2010 AT-AT walker, AND MP Grimlock this past month, so you guys know that's a good bit spent right there on those]

I don't have the G3 Trailer, I have the Bestoys Trailer I think....just a simple Trailer.

So if anything I need to find Ultra Magnus's Armor.....I guess that's the thing to really get and wait till later this year for Protector Armor.

I'm just hoping someone here is looking for what I got to trade for a Ultra Magnus City Armor set but I doubt anyone wants to trade one for a Robotech Hovertank+Bioroid Hovercraft....

18. barrelks

News Credits:
    Contact member edbomber here on the boards or at edbomber.com. He should still have the UM upgrade at a decent price last time I checked.

19. Tyjos

Twitter:
    And what is a "Decent Price?"

I know this is one of those things that if I can locate it,and pay less than $50 for without it being a KO is gonna be a nice addition.

Aren't they Re-Releasing this set or is it already sold out if it's been re-released?

20. barrelks

News Credits:
    This run is the re-release. Most places are charging $80-$90 for it and it is starting to sell out now. Ain't gonna find a legit one anywhere near $50 on either the retail or secondary markets. The price is holding pretty firm, and when it does finally sell out (which it has already at BBTS), it is gonna start climbing again. Before the re-release, this thing was going for $200+. Now the Shadow Commander is the one demanding crazy jack on the secondary market.

I am just hoping for a re-release of the Superion upgrade. I passed on the original for the Snowman version (probably a good choice) but now I am getting gready and want them both.