Fans Want It question

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Jimmy88, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey guys I just ordered the SS jet kit for my ROTF SS now Im just waiting for them to come in the mail, but I had a question is "Fans Want It" part of takara or are they a separate brand/company....just curious is all, I also saw the ironhide guns and will be getting those as well, just was curious because I was trying to see if they are affiliated with takara/hasbro......Thanks dudes:) 

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No they are a 3rd party product completely unaffiliated with Hasbro or Takara, I believe.

3. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    Correct.

4. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    WOW, then I wonder how are they allowed to make something Transformers???!!! unless its something like they are given the ok by takara/hasbro....something like that.....

5. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They have not used the Transformers brand. They do not have the rights to use anything owned by Hasbro and if they do they will be hit with legal action swiftly.

3rd parties skirt their inability to use names creatively. For example Munitioner and Explorer from Fans Project are the names of Swindle and Blast Off respectively. Fans know who they are supposed to be but legally Hasbro can't do anything.

Unless Fans Want It is actually using Hasbro trademarks that I'm not aware of... If they are, then expect them to go silent and die or be reborn as a similar product but without any trademarked materials.

6. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Really??!! Even though they are technically using the 'image' and or 'likeness' of them???!!!

7. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Technically there are multiple official images or likenesses. They designs change every time Hasbro uses them.

I think that could be used as a loophole to get out of a lawsuit

8. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Those guns / weapons and things are not a copy of an existing product but something original based on the CGI appearance - but putting Starscream or Ironhide on the box probably isn't the cleverest move.

9. Stuntastic

Stuntastic Well-Known Member

Think of it as buying a new case/headphones for your iPod.