Fans want it FWI-3 Jet Power Upgrade Kit

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by iDarkDesign, May 7, 2013.

1. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

I see your hotlink isn't working very well when you just click on it :eek: .

I'd be a little concerned about the "6-pack" on Optimus on the DOTM (minor) remold because there was a bit more plastic for support covering that part in the ROTF version. Mostly since the rubber straps that wrap around Optimus are molded to fit the extra plastic on the ROTF version:

[​IMG]

That's not to say it wouldn't fit the DOTM remold (used for Jetwing, APS-01, Striker) but I would think that it the kit wouldn't be as stable. I could easily test it at home since I have a Jetwing Prime standing basically next to a ROTF Prime in the FWI kit but it's a little bit of a pain getting that thing situated :eek: 

2. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I haven't had any trouble putting my Jet Power kit on my 6-pack Prime...

3. Katarn84

Katarn84 Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Found out this existed like last month, my ROTF Leader Prime came here two days ago and the Jetwing with Jetfire is really ugly...
    Any chance of a re-release? Everywhere I look for it now it's out of stock...

4. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

I was pretty sure Uncle Billy still had some on ali express for a decent price.

5. Katarn84

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Decent prices quite yes, Jetpower not a trace, there's the new jetwing from DOTM, and Starscream and Ironhide upgrades, but no corpse-jetpack.

6. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    FWI-4? Is that actually in stock now or just pre-order still?

7. Katarn84

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Didn't look, was searching for FWI-03 and I just went on when I saw it wasn't what I was looking for.

8. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

I'm hoping there is a restock. Hopefully Robot Kingdom gets some more in.

EDIT (6/22/14): Looks like there might be a restock after all. There's a seller on eBay that is taking preorders which are scheduled to arrive mid July.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  9. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

My FWI3 arrived in the mail today! Here it is displayed with the Takara Buster Optimus Prime.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. ialtaf

ialtaf New Member

Pre-Order at $324 on ebay? That's insanely expensive. Isn't there a cheaper restock somewhere?

11. Katarn84

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, and another one Deluxe Leadfoot for 799 €, no thanks, keep them both till they turn to ashes.

12. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If anybody looking for one I have a loose one I'm trying to sell. No issues and complete. Just doesn't fit my collection focus

13. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got this set from Dr. Grimlockisking (thanks!!) and this is easily my favorite third party item I've bought so far! I've gotten pretty much all of the UFO upgrades (except for the shotgun) and the Trailer. All of them have been superb, especially the trailer, but this... its just beautiful. Adds such a presence in the collection and looks fantastic!

14. jru42287

jru42287 Where are my testicles, Summer?

News Credits:
  15. tfwmongrel

tfwmongrel Plastic Crack Addict

It was news a few days ago. Great news for anyone who regrets missed it the first time - bummer for me though. A little more paint in turbines is all I wanted on the original, which I own. Though oddly, they didn't paint the molded-in smokestacks... it's cool though, he still looks ready to rain down terror from the top of my bookshelf every day :) 

16. jru42287

jru42287 Where are my testicles, Summer?

News Credits:
    I missed it the first time around, so I may have to jump on this when it comes out.

17. rasenshuriken

rasenshuriken New Member

18. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

That auction was painful to read because of the fucking all-caps typeface the seller wrote the description in. It's hard to tell if he did any repainting to the jetpower kit as well. Are you just trying to secure the Jetpower kit itself or did you want that complete custom?

There are sellers on eBay who supposedly have preorders that are due in October and price ranges from $170-300. Unless I'm mistaken, I haven't heard of any legit news of a 2nd run of these coming soon. In fact, when I was in the market for one and emailed several online shops about it, they had no information on any such 2nd run. I'd beware of these preorder auctions on eBay if you're ever considering them.

19. rasenshuriken

rasenshuriken New Member

I want that complete custom.It is the best custom of prime and jetpower kit that I have seen so far. But the price tag make me reconsider because it would be a lot more cheaper if I buy a KO Buster Prime and a new jetpower kit (around 100usd for both from taobao), but of course the kit is black in original. Regarding the pre-order, I see many sellers taking preorders, stating that the second version of the jetpower kit in metallic color will be available in end October.

20. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

Sellers have been stating that the preorder will arrive in June, then July, then August, then September and now October. I'll be glad to stand corrected if it does come out, but until it does, I'll believe it when I see it.