Fans want it FWI-3 Jet Power Upgrade Kit

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by iDarkDesign, May 7, 2013.

1. jru42287

jru42287 Where are my testicles, Summer?

News Credits:
    I really shouldn't. I don't have the space right now, and money-wise, I'm in an awkward situation.

2. Arcflash81

Arcflash81 Well-Known Member

Chiming in late as well, but excellent kit. Got mine in June IIRC. Love it. I keep it out to stare at quite a bit.

3. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just assembled the FWI-03 Jetfire upgrade kit to my Buster Optimus Prime and holy jeebus, he's gloriously ginormous!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even the wife was impressed, exclaiming, "It's even bigger than the Japanese Jetwing Optimus I got you for Christmas!" XD

This kit is worth every penny if you own any iteration of the ROTF-HFTD-DOTM Leader OP mold. Buy. It. Now.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    just got this set today and OH MY GAWD ITS AMAZING

Pictures totally DO NOT do this thing justice. The presence this kit adds to my Optimus Prime is just incredible. HE'S SO HUGE!!!!

*swoon*

[​IMG]

seriously guys, if you have a Leader Optimus figure you NEED to have this <3

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. jru42287

jru42287 Where are my testicles, Summer?

News Credits:
  6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the pictures guys - its tempting me to go into 3rd party stuff. So far, I only have Hegemon.

If a 3rd party ever released an add-on for Leader Class Megatron...I might break down again.

7. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh no! Can I still get this kit??? I didn't even know it was out!! I want this bad!

8. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
  9. Sileny Jizda

Sileny Jizda Kilted Krome

I just got this today and straight out of the box it had a broken hinge piece. Email to the retailer and hope to God I can get it exchanged for one that isn't damaged. the part that was broken was the top hinge on the front piece that wraps around and connects on the chest. Frustrating as heck because I wanted to put him together tonight. Ughhh!!!

10. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:

Yeah I was wondering if the swords or hooks blocked the arm attachments at all in any way on the earlier versions where they are not separate pieces.

I'd love to see the Kit on either of the Black Optimus

I know Jetfire and Amazon Optimus look spectacular (with the fan transformation trick on the legs) and some clever tweaking of the kibble positions.

So I'd be curious to see if this one looks as neat or even better.

I hate to say it but I think the muted tones of Striker Prime might actually suit the set more than Buster does - which is surprising to me.

Someone mentioned the kibble bits can fit on the UFO trailer too - something i'd like to see too.

11. hthrun

Ebay:
  12. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

I remember laughing when I saw this kit came out and after watching a few reviews and finally getting it in hand a few months ago, I gotta say, I'm impressed. This makes for an awesome display piece! I wish they used a heavier duty plastic though. This feels like 2/3 the thickness of a Gundam model kit and those little friction pins holding stuff today makes me super concerned about hinges.

13. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

I've got my kit on the original ROTF Leader Optimus with the flip out swords, and I can say it doesn't interfere with any of the attachments at all. I haven't put it on my APS-01 Optimus (hell, I haven't even opened that one up :eek: ) but I would think the lack of flip out swords/hooks would help with the arm articulation if you wanted different poses. Not that the swords really get in the way, but I always felt it limited the arm articulation anyway. That being said, this set is really a display piece so I wouldn't really be all pew pew pewing with it anytime soon :lol 

14. Rahvin

Rahvin Well-Known Member

I removed the flip-out swords on mine. I went with the addon swords that fit into the fists - they look better and get in the way less.

This set, combined with the articulated hands, really makes for a great movie replica.

15. Sileny Jizda

Today I got the replacement part for the chest from TFSource. I was excited until I tried to exchange it for the one I have that was busted on the hinge. I say was because this one was fractured to hell as well and barely hanging together. On a hunch I decided to check the other side I thought was intact and I see the same damned fracture marks. While I was looking at it the other side literally disintegrated as well. To say I'm pissed is an understatement. The only thing I can figure is the plastic is very delicate. To go through two days in tech support and another three day wait for parts that will have the same issue isn't something I'm looking forward to doing. Ughhh!!!

16. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    If the broken piece is a small part perhaps it could be cast in a durable resin for you instead ?

17. hthrun

Ebay:
    One of mine broke, too, but it was because I dropped it. (The elevator started closing right away and hit my shoulder by surprise, grrrr...) I wasn't able to get any replacement parts so I just superglued it in place...

18. Sileny Jizda

I've got poster putty holding onto my Prime now. I might try to come up with something later when I get more time to mess with it.

19. hthrun

Ebay:
    One of the lower back wings broke off mine, too, in the same accident. I used some Lego pieces and a left over pin from another toy to "fix" it such that it's still poseable...

20. MisterGuyMan

MisterGuyMan Well-Known Member